• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Global Anti-Scam Organization (GASO)

General discussions of a financial company
They offer a service to trace wallets. This $300 fee is only if you want assistance to trace the end wallet your funds ended up in. There are no fees for their assistance including live chat, answering questions and providing general assistance.

I recommend you visit their website and then come back and ask additional questions.

Good question, not an expert so I do not really know what counts for evidence. I think getting officially registered is probably not that big of a deal because there are lots of bad charities out there, but not having any complaints against them is definitely good if true.

Other nonprofits get screened or recommended by evaluators like Charity Navigator and GiveWell, so having that sort of background check would definitely be good. GASO probably does not qualify yet because they are too new still, but maybe something like a financial audit from a reputable accounting firm like EY or KPMG would help a lot.

And this is a thread about GASO so it's natural to focus on them, and make sure they are really legit. The "burden of proof" is on the subject, not on me or anyone else curious about them. And I am not asking for anyone's financial or personal information, so no one is getting scammed by me.

Good question, not an expert so I do not really know what counts for evidence. I think getting officially registered is probably not that big of a deal because there are lots of bad charities out there, but not having any complaints against them is definitely good if true.

Other nonprofits get screened or recommended by evaluators like Charity Navigator and GiveWell, so having that sort of background check would definitely be good. GASO probably does not qualify yet because they are too new still, but maybe something like a financial audit from a reputable accounting firm like EY or KPMG would help a lot.

And this is a thread about GASO so it's natural to focus on them, and make sure they are really legit. The "burden of proof" is on the subject, not on me or anyone else curious about them. And I am not asking for anyone's financial or personal information, so no one is getting scammed by me.
You are brand new to FPA, you are making accusations but don't have anything to back up what you are claiming. Please lay out very clearly what occurred with GASO and why you think they are a scam.

Last edited:
Where did I accuse GASO of being a scam? I am just worried about the possibility and learning more about them, asking for information or proof is not the same thing as claiming GASO is a scam.

Actually I got scammed hard by the pig butchers, what I am worried about is giving more personal information to GASO and having that leaked or abused by the scammers again. That is why I am looking for more information before joining them.

Where did I accuse GASO of being a scam? I am just worried about the possibility and learning more about them, asking for information or proof is not the same thing as claiming GASO is a scam.

Actually I got scammed hard by the pig butchers, what I am worried about is giving more personal information to GASO and having that leaked or abused by the scammers again. That is why I am looking for more information before joining them.
No one is forced to talk to them, forced to join them or forced to provide any information. If you are this uncertain, then simply don't use GASO or ask for their assistance.

I'm sorry for your loss. Please make sure to take screen shots of everything to document for your records.

Last edited:
Thanks. If GASO is legitimate, then I want to join them and help catch these scammers. Just want to do some due diligence research before that, see what else people have to say about them. Like you said I am new here, this is the first thread I found but I will take a look at some of the other threads you mentioned. I think some auditing information from a reputable source like Charity Navigator or KPMG would be good, but without that any genuine recommendations from others like victims or journalists might be good enough. Kind of similar to doing a background check on someone when hiring them for a job.

Wish that I had been a lot more skeptical with the scammers and found out about this earlier, but unfortunately I think most people like me are unaware and find out how this works only after becoming a victim and getting tricked. Really hope that law enforcement will catch up and get these scammers, they need to be stopped ASAP.

Back