Gold Gold Daily Video, October 07, 2022

Liked your comment on "common sense returning back to the markets" as explanation for the renewed interest in gold. In a sense, the more solid crypto assets like Bitcoin should get bid like gold also if it that common sense starts to pick up... what do you think and how does that link with the BTC downside targets of 12k? Do you see probability that BTC just sets a bottom here at 18k-20k?

Liked your comment on "common sense returning back to the markets" as explanation for the renewed interest in gold. In a sense, the more solid crypto assets like Bitcoin should get bid like gold also if it that common sense starts to pick up... what do you think and how does that link with the BTC downside targets of 12k? Do you see probability that BTC just sets a bottom here at 18k-20k?
Hi Vince,
well, concerning cryptos, I'm a bit skeptic, just because I do not see any intrinsic value, what is the nature of the value for crypto currencies? Gold is a physical metal, naturally, it is rare, has unique features to safe the wealth. Cryptos... potentially unlimited amount of them. It is already few hundrends of them, very fragile - just pull the socket out and all cryptos disappear... this is roughly speaking.

As a market analysts I'm loyal to market tendencies. I prepare analysis, trying to help people to get best entry level, but personally - I will never invest in bitcoin or any other crypto as a safe haven assets, because I do not see any intrinsic value. People believe that it exists just because of image, advertising industry working around, making hype of cryptos, but in reality cryptos have no intrinsic value. This is arguable, I'm not pretending on absolute opinion, but this is just my view.

Concerning our 12K target... It should happen by technical reasons, not because BTC fundamentals will become worse. Fed just need liquidity to support the bond market and they will suck it from everywhere, including stocks. Cryptos will become among first one who will lose capitalization, because investors will sell them among first assets. Cryptos are worse on risk/reward component, compares to stocks.

Gold probably also will remain under pressure, but it has much better risk/reward and less volatility. Besides, it is classic safe haven asset, so it should show better resistance and should be among the first assets that reverse up.

Hi Sive, hope you recovered well. In recent times you mentioned two currencies that may be „better off” in the mid/long term in view of the crisis and general currencies devaluatuon. I recall these were Aud and Chf. I see the background in fundamentals, though both currencies show same negative trend vs usd over mamy months, due to fed pump and the believed power of USd. Do you see these 2 currencies appreciate in the next months? Could you in the future share any thoughts on probability of reversal of current trends of these two vs usd and timeline? I am asking as many friends still keep some liquid cash in currency they earn, currently stacking euro or usd or pounds… so one would need to exchange to something safer (besides gold investment).

Hi Sive, hope you recovered well. In recent times you mentioned two currencies that may be „better off” in the mid/long term in view of the crisis and general currencies devaluatuon. I recall these were Aud and Chf. I see the background in fundamentals, though both currencies show same negative trend vs usd over mamy months, due to fed pump and the believed power of USd. Do you see these 2 currencies appreciate in the next months? Could you in the future share any thoughts on probability of reversal of current trends of these two vs usd and timeline? I am asking as many friends still keep some liquid cash in currency they earn, currently stacking euro or usd or pounds… so one would need to exchange to something safer (besides gold investment).
Peter, currently fundamentals take a backseat. People need dollars to finance margins and pay out interest on rising rates. Those who do not have such problems either gradually buying real assets or wait for perfect entry moment. Concerning terms, Fed now has no options - either they trigger collapse of the whole system or they destroy US Dollar. First event happens, if they keep rising rates, trying to defeat inflation. Second - if they switch the backpedal and start QE again. For "other assets" second option is preferable, reversal comes sooner. The former scenario will keep markets under pressure for some time, but system will crush anyway.
Supposedly it last for ~6-8 months, hardly longer. BoE and ECB already capitulated. As EUR as GBP are doomed, as well as JPY, I suppose. Very similar to what we expect on gold. But gold is self-sufficient asset it should react better and faster. Impact on currencies will come indirectly via global capital re-distribution.

Back