GoMarkets removed profits going back 4 months

I'm glad to see a representative has posted, but the content of the post seems vague regarding what, if anything, is going to be done.

I recommend everyone continue to stay in close touch with the regulators. If the trades are honored, then the cases can be dropped. If the trades remain cancelled, then no time was wasted waiting around for a more complete statement from the broker.

OK so I emailed GoMarkets one last time, as they had never responded before. I told them that they will need to refund my money and their cancelling of old trades is illegal, and that I've also filed a complaint with the FOS, I also invited them to this thread.

This time they responded:

Apologies for the delay and lack of human interaction with you.

The GO Market Compliance department is making progress through the investigation effecting your account and will contact you as soon as the report is complete. Apologies once more for the vagueness of this response however the Support Team can only inform you of which we have been informed ourselves.

We endeavour to resolve this issue shortly.

Client Services
GO Markets Pty Ltd | Level 50 | 120 Collins Street | VIC 3000 | Australia
Phone: +61 3 9934 4500 | Fax: +61 3 9642 5953 | support@gomarkets.com.au | Online Forex Trading & MetaTrader 4 (MT4) for Brokers - GO Markets
in: gomarkets | fb: /GOMarkets| t: @go_markets | g+: GOMarkets

Basically an automated response and no name of the person who responded. Don't you hate that when a company rep. responds without giving their name. You have to wonder what are they hiding?

At least this shows someone at GoMarkets finally noticed that there's a problem.

Keep bugging the Australian FOS and ASIC while hoping that GoMarkets rethinks things and presents a more sensible solution to the problem.

In other words, they apparently want to remove the "hole" in the system that actually makes money for the trader, and makes them lose money,
So they just gave a pretty good endorsement for this BT LIGHTNING thing.

If they are really a broker that JUST makes money off of each trade, then they should make the spread and be quiet. If they are *****ing about losing because of an EA !!! that's hilarious, then they are a dealing desk, or very close to it. When I went to visit them, they assured me that they are making the spread and that's all.

Well, they can say it all they want, but with so many reports of "GO MARKETS froze my account" and "GO MARKETS blamed me for arbitrage and removed profits" etc etc... then there is something wrong with them, and with what they told me. They are losing money, and trying to stop losing money.

So I would suggest to anyone else, to start removing your money from them, ASAP. Try a different broker.

Back