Good books to read for newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
great resources is here

yeah, most of this books on forex can be find at earnforex website without paying for dime good luck to quest

"Mastering the Trade" by John F. Carter

Second that on Carter's book, but Carter is strictly a technical trader. I've subscribed to John's (and Hubert's) service for futures and John's for forex. Wasn't too happy with the forex service. Not much advice, and very little forum activity. His experience is mostly with futures, but recently entered forex within the last year and a half. He has a program where he says that he turned 5K into 50K in about 6 months, and he shows his account statements. Followed the video and it appears to be mostly basic short term swing trades and no news announcements. John has very good advice for futures trading, but I'm not sure that it translates well to forex.

Another book, "The Secrets of Economic Indicators" by Bernard Baumohl.

good book

I've read half a dozen books on this subject ...........the most straight forward and easy to read by far is " Profiting with Forex " by John Jagerson and Wade Hansen......

Can anyone recommend any good books to start reading?
Hi luckymr--I have not done a lot of live trading, what little I did cost me, so I have spent some time studying trading books as well as live charts during news
releases for the last 8 months.

The 4 best books I have found are:

"Technical Analysis of the Currency Market" by Boris Schlossberg

"Day Trading the Currency Market" by Kathy Lien

"Warrior Trading, Inside the Mind of an Elite Currency Trader" by Clifford Bennett

"Beat the Odds in Forex Trading, How to Identify and Profit from High-Percentage Market Patterns" by Igor Toshchakov

Since this forum is put on by Felix Homogratus, who trades the news, I assume he plays the odds based upon past currency pair movements during certain selected news releases.

"Beat the Odds in Forex Trading" has been the most helpful to me.

Hope this is of some help.

MMM, i would look at how your trading, are u using candlesticks to interpret your currencys? also, try concentrating on the country your in, i mean if your an aussie, learn all you can about the australian currency and economy and learn what affects the dollar, and then get an economic calender to look at and determine if there are ways of guessing which way the news will go, "is the new interest rate decision coming out in a time when unemployment is high? is it coming out when retails and home sales are high?" these things will help you become a winning trader. however, you should focus on candlestick interpretation to start with..... good luck. ash.

Way too many books

Some companies pay an extra large dividend, or as some on wall street would say, "c u t i n g the m e l o n"

Point is, there are so many freakin books out there to read - you might as well start your own library. And that does bring up a good point, if some of these traders are so good, and they have a system down, why are they writing about it to share their secrets? Its just another avenue of wealth my friend - thats all it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back