1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Broker to start...

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by wwasbad, Oct 25, 2007.

1. wwasbad

wwasbad Recruit

Hi,
    I live in Canada and I need a good broker to start out with, any recommendation. MB Trading is not authorized to handle accounts for Canadian residents.
    With all the SCAMS around, I am just looking for some advice.
    Thanks.

2. liviob

liviob Recruit

brokers?

maybe looking for a broker in your own country may be safer than looking out side of your country? I use velocity4x.com. Located in Chicago u.s.a. I saw some bad reviews as well as many good reviews about them on this site however i have had no problems. I have been using them for about a year. They have a very user friendly trade platform.

3. 3BlackCrows

3BlackCrows Corporal

Otherwise go for FXSOL.

Spreads are a bit large but they've been around for a long time and take Canadian accounts.

Not too sure how good they are though so don't quote me! :)

4. wwasbad

wwasbad Recruit

Thanks for your information guys; I was just about to answer myself… :) I would be more comfortable with a Canadian broker but I guess I will just have to take a chance. I will look into FXOL and velocity4x.com to get more information about them.
    There is a saying “puss and dog don’t have the same luckâ€￾ ;) for those that understand it.
    Thanks again.

5. Migo

Migo Private, 1st Class

Where in Canada are you from? I'm from Ontario and have an MBTrading account.

6. wwasbad

wwasbad Recruit

Hi Migo,
    I am from Winnipeg, Manitoba. I was told "Our clearing firm Penson Financial Services is not authorized to handle accounts for Canadian residents due to government regulations."
    I just saw your post and replied in another thread...sorry.

7. Migo

Migo Private, 1st Class

NP. Yea I spoke to my rep at MB Trading, and he mentioned that they only accept Ontario clients.

8. wwasbad

wwasbad Recruit

I wonder why they don't accept Manitobans, it's still apart of CANADA? I noticed that they don’t include Canada on the list of countries either. Is Toronto a part of the US...??? :):D

9. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Shhhhh.... the US acquired Ontario a few years back as part of a secret deal. Canada got New Jersey and Maine in exchange. They decided to keep it secret until they could work out the new postal codes.
    :D

10. wwasbad

wwasbad Recruit

That explains everything, Thanks Pharaoh, I’ve been kept in the dark to long… will contact my MLA before Manitoba gets switched with Montana…:eek:oh:
    Does anyone know about MF Global FX?