Good Broker to start...

wwasbad

Recruit
Hi,
I live in Canada and I need a good broker to start out with, any recommendation. MB Trading is not authorized to handle accounts for Canadian residents.
With all the SCAMS around, I am just looking for some advice.
Thanks.

brokers?

maybe looking for a broker in your own country may be safer than looking out side of your country? I use velocity4x.com. Located in Chicago u.s.a. I saw some bad reviews as well as many good reviews about them on this site however i have had no problems. I have been using them for about a year. They have a very user friendly trade platform.

maybe looking for a broker in your own country may be safer than looking out side of your country? I use velocity4x.com. Located in Chicago u.s.a. I saw some bad reviews as well as many good reviews about them on this site however i have had no problems. I have been using them for about a year. They have a very user friendly trade platform.

Otherwise go for FXSOL.

Spreads are a bit large but they've been around for a long time and take Canadian accounts.

Not too sure how good they are though so don't quote me! :)

Thanks for your information guys; I was just about to answer myself… :) I would be more comfortable with a Canadian broker but I guess I will just have to take a chance. I will look into FXOL and velocity4x.com to get more information about them.
There is a saying “puss and dog don’t have the same luckâ€￾ ;) for those that understand it.
Thanks again.

Where in Canada are you from? I'm from Ontario and have an MBTrading account.

Hi Migo,
I am from Winnipeg, Manitoba. I was told "Our clearing firm Penson Financial Services is not authorized to handle accounts for Canadian residents due to government regulations."
I just saw your post and replied in another thread...sorry.

NP. Yea I spoke to my rep at MB Trading, and he mentioned that they only accept Ontario clients.

I wonder why they don't accept Manitobans, it's still apart of CANADA? I noticed that they don’t include Canada on the list of countries either. Is Toronto a part of the US...??? :):D

I wonder why they don't accept Manitobans, it's still apart of CANADA? I noticed that they don’t include Canada on the list of countries either. Is Toronto a part of the US...??? :):D

Shhhhh.... the US acquired Ontario a few years back as part of a secret deal. Canada got New Jersey and Maine in exchange. They decided to keep it secret until they could work out the new postal codes.
:D

That explains everything, Thanks Pharaoh, I’ve been kept in the dark to long… will contact my MLA before Manitoba gets switched with Montana…:eek:oh:
Does anyone know about MF Global FX?

Back