Good Day

bigbear8481

Recruit
Hello All,

I am new to the FPA but not new to trading. I have been in FX for 11 years now. just wanted to say hello. See you around the the site.

:cool: - Bear

Oh good. Someone with a lot of experience.

Welcome to the forums. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Heloooh bigbear8481....welcome and do have fun here. If you have lots of free time, and...ahem..."kind hearted", you will find loads of Newbies needing help to recover their money.

Hmmm, looks like the 3,000 years old Pharaoh is trilled to bits to finally see one "old timer" here : )

Hey Pharaoh, I have been meaning to ask this, but the post subject was never right to do so.
When is the FPA ever going to promote your rank to "Captain" or to a higher rank? You sure do loads of work here helping out desperate scammed Newbies!

As long as I can remember, your rank has stagnated at "Master Sergeant".
it's not as though you get a monthly salary or something; right?...hmmm, or do you?? : )

I really need to file a complaint about my rank (and start demanding a salary - a BIG one!). I started out as a recruit like everyone else. After hitting Sergeant, I decided to turn some of the advice I kept writing over and over again into articles (yes, my education articles are just me being too lazy to post unique answers to newbie questions - ha ha) and got that Master Sergeant rank applied.

My suspicion is that our AssMo . . . AsstMod isn't going to let anyone get above that rank until he figures out how to promote himself above the rank of Lieutenant. I'll bet he lost the manual on how to do officer promotions.
:p

Hang in there Top

That “Butter Bar” (2nd Lieutenant) always loses translation on a “Mustang’er” (a Sgt. to Officer), unless you stand eye-ball-to-eyeball with them. The internet doesn’t do that, beside it’s a pay drop from a top M.SGT.

A WO4 (Warrant Officer) is the same pay as a full eagle Colonel.
If he turned officer he wouldn’t be approachable.

Yes, I think the manual got lost, and life goes on.:confused:

hmmm, so no fat monthly salary for you either!....and you even spent YOUR OWN FREE TIME to do all those articles for FREE too;right???...hmmm...

Hey Pharaoh, do you happen to be a qualified Mechanical or Piping Engineer? : ) There is this...ehhh...project and I need some...ehhh...free input on some engineering procedures c/w calculations. It's really nothing much and you probably can finish that in around a month's time.

Maybe Assistant Moderator is thinking of bestowing upon you your rightful & more modernized title of "President" in place of that ancient title of "Pharaoh"??
But hold on a minute...that title of "Commander-in-Chief" (meaning the President) has already been taken by old Felix himself.

Hmmm....well, protest seems to be quite common and the "in-thing" these days around the globe! : )

Promotion vs Job done

Promotion vs Job done

Case in point in reality, since I was there.... Wait I have to first say, “Retiring as a Gunnery Sergeant, with all, or most of your body parts is a good deal.” (For those that don’t know the “Gunny” is a stripe less then a Master Sergeant). A man called “Gunny Hathcock”:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock
Was the key to the creation of the modern USMC Scout/Sniper School training program. ( I was in Class #1 tactical Instructor school). He didn’t even get to finish his 20 years for medical reasons (Oh, by the way, the pic that is by my name is the modified M2, 50 .cal that Carlos made is record distance kill with).
The word Sergeant possibly Latin derived from “servien” or french "serjent" which means “to serve”, is the exact same meaning of the Japanese word, “Samurai” (pronounced, sa-mu-ra-i 4 syllables not 3).
Back to being a “Top Sergeant”.
Every one, let me repeat, !!EVERYONE!! That uses the “Community Forums” knows (or will learn) Pharaoh is the working core and just about the final decision of anything on the “Community Forums”. He is the guy that gives you the size 10 shoe in the rear end to get you going to look at the other work that is done on this Forex Peace Army (FPA) board and the 4X community. You can interact and get the confidence you need to open your 1st demo or what ever.
You have to have the boots on the ground guy to meet the Newbie’s when they get off the bus.
It’s called “displacement” contrary to popular belief hot air does not rise. It is displaced by the colder heavier air that push it up. Pharaoh is the heavy stable thing that allows the other ranks to be the hot air above him. Who will take his place, and perhaps he likes it where he is.
He is deserving everything RhamanSL says and more, but when your young and think that moving up is the only way to think. You are correct when you are young. You don’t realize that when you finally find a “GOOD” comfortable place to be, live, and work, your happy. It’ not about titles or promotions. It’s about being happy where, with, and what you have in life. If anyone can displace the Pharaoh and take his job, tell him. Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke. Thank you RhamanSL for your push for Pharaoh's additional (what is it 6 or 7 now) “Beyond the Call of Duty” service medal.

Now you newbie’s are supposed to get you rear end in gear and climb the ladder.
Nuff said

Last edited:
Pharaoh's demand for a promotion has arrived at FPA HQ. He wants to be Commander Of The Armies, Ruler Of All His Eyes Behold, and Ultimate Poohbah Of Forex.

I'm trying to look up the proper insignia for that on Google.

Some of the rest of his demands are very innovative.

"...Commander Of The Armies, Ruler Of All His Eyes Behold, and Ultimate Poohbah Of Forex.

Hmmm...somehow, I suspect rank is secondary to the great Pharaoh and he would much prefer seeing some of that "green stuff" materializing in his bank account : )

Back