1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good ways to get real time forex news?

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by TBW, May 7, 2010.

1. TBW

TBW Recruit

What are good ways to get good, real time news that will affect the forex market? I have an esignal subscription but am not sure if their news feeds are what I want or not. Some things I want to see if real time are:

1) When results of economic reports are released (I know there is as section here for it but I'd like for it to be pushed to me in real time)
    2) When major events happen that may cause a currency to move

I was thinking of subscribing to several RSS feeds for this but can't find ones that seem to be really reliable. Maybe someone has suggestions?

Basically I just want to be able to know what is causing markets to move when they begin moving quickly and I want to see it right when it happens. Not so worried about the cost of this, I feel it would help me evaluate my trades better.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. West Coast Pips

West Coast Pips Sergeant

Hey Tom

I use a piece of software called Secret News Weapon. Google it. I think you will find this will meet your needs.

3. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Or shell out the big bucks for a Bloomberg news feed.

4. TBW

TBW Recruit

Live data feeds

I don't want to automate my trading or just trade news, I'm trying to learn to make my own trading decisions and it seems important to know what is happening in the world that would affect currency markets. I just want a really good source of info for that. The main reason I want this is so that if I'm in a position that starts moving very quickly in one direction I want to know if there is a fundamental reason for this. Do I sound like I'm on the right track here?

Thanks,
    Tom

5. aweissman

aweissman Recruit

DBFX (Deutsch Bank Market Research) has a pretty useful stream of news all day... Including large option orders and expiry's and news reviews.

Never had to pay for anything... just sign up for a demo account I believe and you can use it.

Forex Trading Platform | Free Trial | Demo | dbFX

6. Ricex

Ricex Sergeant

How would it help you?

7. Tyce Shelburn

Tyce Shelburn Recruit

TBW, I have been using RANsquawk.com

For FOREX news, it is $100 a month.

I have used them for just about a year now

A little bit about them,
    They announce in both audio & in text.
    They have forcasted values prior/after releases
    Once an embaro is lifted on news (i.e. 8:30 EST for NFP), they transmit in audio and txt within miliseconds.

8. hoba

hoba Recruit

i have been using tenfore how can i use DDE

9. Boko Maru

Boko Maru Sergeant

You can subscribe to "Trade the News" ($175/month), which gives audio and text messages re. any and every market moving event. Ransquawk is another similar service that you can subscribe to if you need live reporting, or if you can live with a 2 minute delay, you get it for free...

10. h0rked

h0rked Private