• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss GoodRobot.org

General discussions of a financial company
I had a trade on 7/14 at 16:00 GMT. It went the wrong direction and is now Martingaling me. So far 4 Sells as the price is still going up.

I had a trade on 7/14 at 16:00 GMT. It went the wrong direction and is now Martingaling me. So far 4 Sells as the price is still going up.
Did the same to me a few weeks ago and just kept adding sells till the account nearly died so I had to jump in an take manual control, if it took 4 sells on the 14th I do note that E/U dropped 51 pips from its high of 1.14513 down to 1.14009 yesterday ( Australian time ) did that get you any profits? I did have a few profits to start with but as the EA added heaps of trades they all went up in smoke.

I let that trade finish on its own. I had 6 sells in an uptrend that went against the Good Robot. After everything was over I am up $1.60 - basically broke even. I had a draw down of about 10% for this 1 trade which I don't consider too large. Still watching. No new trades since that last one closed.

Have you tried to run this EA against any other pairs? I am sure it has been optimized for Eurusd, but I would like to see more trades.

I let that trade finish on its own. I had 6 sells in an uptrend that went against the Good Robot. After everything was over I am up $1.60 - basically broke even. I had a draw down of about 10% for this 1 trade which I don't consider too large. Still watching. No new trades since that last one closed.

Have you tried to run this EA against any other pairs? I am sure it has been optimized for Eurusd, but I would like to see more trades.
Yes it works on AUS/USD as well not surprising as they move almost identical to each other.

Well the end of another trading week and hooray I have got the account back to AUD$200,180.68c so have achieved my goal of returning it to where we started before the EAs destruction of the account. BUT here is the strange thing, the EA has sat there looking at me do all my manual trades and I must say I am quite exhausted after the heavy trading I have had to do this last few weeks to preserve the account, at 13 minutes before the end of the trading week it woke up and took a 6.78 lot trade short on EURO/USD!!!! I was surprised by this and watched it intently and decided if it went in to profit before last trades could be closed I would close it manually.
The reason I did this was due to the fact that the EURO Group meetings this weekend to agree on a stimulus package may well come off for the Euro and to me that was too big a risk for EURO/USD to jump higher. It took the trade @1.14354 and set the TP @ 1.12354 the expected initial 2000 pips. At the very last chance that I could close the trade I manually closed it with a AUD$589.86 profit and that got me over the 200K target I was aiming for this week. Now I am confused as to why it suddenly woke up. I also have now changed the risk from .05 to .01 as to me a 6.78 lot trade is waaayyy too high. I have turned the EA off until I see what EURO does on Monday and may reopen the EA when I know a bit about EUROs direction...till next week seeya guys.

Well another week and the EA went nuts, it opened up several trades and I had to jump in to protect the account.

Trade 1. 2.44 lots hits stop loss $366 profit,
Trade 2. 2.12 lots hits stop loss $642 profit,
Trade 3. 2.93 lots hits stop loss $199 profit,
Trade 4. Takes a 6.85 lot trade which quickly goes in to profit I close it manually $1904 profit,
Trade 5. Takes a 2.25 lot trade which quickly goes in to profit I close it manually $113 profit.

At this point I shut down the EA and reset the parameters for a smaller risk.

Trade 6. 2.64 lots now down $7479 I expect EURO/USD to hit possibly 1.25 this week and decide to put in buys at the same rate as the EA puts in sells.
Trade 7. 2.50 lots down $3405,
Trade 8. 2.39 lots down $3047,
Trade 9. 7.58 lots down $9045, this surprised me and I felt that for some reason the EA lost my settings,
Trade 10. 6.71 lots down $8219.

Now most of you will see this as a failure and I would agree but I have turned the EA off and am now manually watching it and will when the time is right in my opinion close the trades as I see fit. I will reinstate the EA when we come back in to profit and show you those trades. This is all about learning and changing.

Bob

Back