• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

I am having an issue with a company
How would you like to pay a LOT of money for an EA and find it's just another EA with some of the settings changed? How would you like to pay for an EA and find it's just an overpriced clone of another EA?

We've seen solid evidence that 2 more commercial EAs are just illegal copies..

The EA sold by Forex Turbo Profits seems to be just a very expensive repackaged version of FAPS (Forex AutoPilot). The price was $750 as opposed to 99.50 for a copy of FAPS. A few of the settings have been changed. To sell custom settings for FAPS or another configurable EA is legal. To sell a cloned copy of the code is not. If you have a copy of FAPS, you can get the altered settings for free from our friends at 4xProject.com. The good news is that this company now claims to be “sold out”, but you can still get your refund from ClickBank.

The RemExpert EA sold by Buy Expert Advisor is evidently ea slightly altered clone of FapTurbo. Taking an idea and reverse engineering it from scratch may be legal. In this case, significant portions of the code appear to be illegally copied, even though one additional currency pair was added to the bot. For this small change, the price was bumped up from the FapTurbo price of $149 to an astounding $950 to use it on two accounts for 1 year. We recommend filing a PayPal dispute if you have any trouble getting your money back.

We wish to thank FPA's AsstModerator, FapTurbo's Abuse Team, 4xProject, and BestForexEA for their contributions to this case.

Official Scam Finding

BestForexEA analysis of RemExpert Code

Backtest of ForexTurboProfits by 4xProject

Identical results in a backtest of FAPS by 4xProject

It is indeed extremely scary if the gross excesses of piracy perpertrated on "somali waters" by pirates on ships we thought to have seen the last of it has avanced its continuance into the forex trading community hinterland rendering our fellow comrades in arms victims is challengeably vexatious and attrocious!

we will not be at a lost in vehemently condemning this ungodly evil with the luxury of sustaining the depicted theory of cloning in Austin power's Dr.Evil's Mini to be a force to be reckoned with since this issue of piracy is now a conspicuous materialization with incontrovertible evidence at hand!

comrades in arms, join me all in adopting the scam investigations committees finding in that the pirates should refund to their victims all monies fraudulently obtained by deception from them and submit a sincere public apology to their victims!

FPA scam investigations committee, FPA assistant moderator, fapturbo abuse team,4x project and best forex EA we thank you so much for the esprit de corps! you are your comrades in arms keeper! keep up with the good works and we are with you every step of the way!

Last edited:
thank you

We would like to thank FPA Moderators, BestForexEA, 4xProject and Scam Investigations Committee for your help fighting Fapturbo clones.

We have found good fapturbo clone report a few days ago. I am not sure if I am allowed to post links here so please edit my post if needed.
Here is the fapturbo clones report: http://secrets.bz/fapturboclones.pdf

If you come across scam or piracy issues related to fapturbo robot please send the report to the Abuse Team here:

FAP TURBO Members Only Zone

Thank you for your assistance,
fapturbo support

Last edited by a moderator:
Copyright protected hmmm?

I think someone's hard work should be protected and that's why I have protected a few pieces of intellectual property which is a big pain and a process that takes over a year typically.

I have searched in the US Copyright records for every single EA that you are saying was pirated... and not 1 is Copyright protected legally. Although I sympathize with the developers, there is no legal infraction because they have not even taken the time or the expense to copyright their work. I find it amusing that every piece of code I've seen from an indicator or EA shows "property copyright ___" at the top with someones name and not once have I found it in the copyright record. It's almost a fraud of the developer to claim it is copyright without legally doing so.

Comments?

Hi eyeryone,

Rem forex has been arround since FAP Turbo. They used to offer free trial that could run on live account. I used one on my live account too. They buy/sell make profit and loss almost exactly the same with FAP Turbo. My mailbox still jammed with theirs offers. I'm suprised that FPA just found out about them now.

If you're patient persistent and good with search engines, you could find lot of pirates EA out there free to download. Some of them you never heard before/sold to limited number/not a clickbank's - give even awfully better result than even most popular one like FAP Turbo.

Regards.

Last edited:
We have pirates in the high seas, and we also have pirates in the sea of forex markets. Hope there is a way to just shoot these pirates, and be done with them.

Copyright information

I think someone's hard work should be protected and that's why I have protected a few pieces of intellectual property which is a big pain and a process that takes over a year typically.

I have searched in the US Copyright records for every single EA that you are saying was pirated... and not 1 is Copyright protected legally. Although I sympathize with the developers, there is no legal infraction because they have not even taken the time or the expense to copyright their work. I find it amusing that every piece of code I've seen from an indicator or EA shows "property copyright ___" at the top with someones name and not once have I found it in the copyright record. It's almost a fraud of the developer to claim it is copyright without legally doing so.

Comments?

Hi Paul,

I have registered copyrights before. But registration isn't necessary to hold copyright and have legal rights. The link to basic copyright info is: https://web.archive.org/web/20090101092014/http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html

Of special note is:

Who Can Claim Copyright?
Copyright protection subsists from the time the work is created in fixed form. The copyright in the work of authorship immediately becomes the property of the author who created the work. Only the author or those deriving their rights through the author can rightfully claim copyright.

and

How to Secure a Copyright
Copyright Secured Automatically upon Creation
The way in which copyright protection is secured is frequently misunderstood. No publication or registration or other action in the Copyright Office is required to secure copyright. (See following note.) There are, however, certain definite advantages to registration. See “Copyright Registration.”
Copyright is secured automatically when the work is created, and a work is “created” when it is fixed in a copy or phonorecord for the first time. “Copies” are material objects from which a work can be read or visually perceived either directly or with the aid of a machine or device, such as books, manuscripts, sheet music, film, videotape, or microfilm. “Phonorecords” are material objects embodying fixations of sounds (excluding, by statutory definition, motion picture soundtracks), such as cassette tapes, CDs, or LPs. Thus, for example, a song (the “work”) can be fixed in sheet music (“copies”) or in phonograph disks (“phonorecords”), or both. If a work is prepared over a period of time, the part of the work that is fixed on a particular date constitutes the created work as of that date.

best regards,
Patty
SecretsFromTheHeart.com

Pirated EAs, forex scammers

Another pirated free EA being sold commercially is Forex Maestro. It is Firebird, taken from the Forex Factory Forum. I didn't get the EA but someone who did shared with me that the comments on trades even show the Firebird name. Blatant stupidity!

It is sad how these forex scammers are preying on the Forex auto-trading community and virtually every week coming out with the newest, latest, greatest EA or trading method and spamming their email lists. It gives all retailers of EAs a bad name.

I have had to put some safe-guard measures in place to protect my works. The pirates and scammers seems to be so common. That is the main reason I won't sell via ClickBank or offer a money back guarantee. The pirates buy the EA, decompile it, then get a refund and have the product to trade with or re-package and sell or share it. There ought to be a better way to protect a work. Obviously these people either have n o concept of the time and money that goes into creating a good EA or they simply don't care and want something for nothing.

I recommend to avoid any offers that lead you to a flashy sales page. Other warning signs are limited time offers, no live results, no way to contact the author or author doesn't reply to email, or no name of who is behind the offer.

I may be 'missing the boat' by not following their sales methods, but I can't in good conscience follow that path.

to your success,
Patty
SecretsFromTheHeart.com

Patty is correct. Copyright happens automatically when you create something. Just because a piece of software isn't registered with the friendly people in Washington DC doesn't mean that everyone is free to copy it.

Of course, registering a copyright does make it a lot quicker and easier to prove the case if and when it ends up in court.

I don't own any commercial EAs yet, but I'll wager that the bulk of them also have a specific clause in the licensing agreement prohibiting resale and derivative programs.

Back