• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Grand Theft EA III

I am having an issue with a company
Are you ready to waste $87 of your money on an EA that's free? If not, keep reading.

We've seen solid evidence that another commercial EA is just an illegal copies of a free EA

FPA reviewer Robert Morton left a review on June 5th 2009 saying that he knew that the expert advisor from PipsLeader was just a copy of the free EA called Divergence Trader. Before any of our scam investigators had a chance to look into this, an email arrived from our friends at 4xProject with the same information.

4xProject contacted Ron Thomas, the author of Divergence Trader. He was unaware that the EA he freely published had been repackaged and was being sold. Even though Ron freely gave away copies of Divergence Trader, that does not give others the right to rename it and sell it as if they were the original author. We are very happy to report that Ron has contacted ClickBank and filed a complaint against Pips Leader.

Some user configurable settings were changed. It is perfectly legal to sell settings for someone else's product, but that still does not permit the sale of copies of the software itself.

Under these circumstances, we feel have no choice but to declare that PipsLeader to be a scam. We recommend against buying their products and urge purchasers to seek a refund via clickbank.

We wish to thank Robert Morton, Ron Thompson, the FPA's AsstModerator and 4xProject for their contributions to this case.

Official Scam Finding

4xProject report on PipsLeader

4xProject Home Page – has link to get settings to make Divergence Trader operate identically to PipsLeader

FPA Review Page for PipsLeader.com

I'd say something sarcastic about how $87 isn't the world's greatest scam, but someone wouldn't get the joke and I'd get yelled at again.
:p

So, now for some serious math - forget the BS on their website about the price changed after 600 copies get sold. That's to encourage you to buy quickly.

Let's assume they sell ONLY 1000 copies. That would be $87,000. Assume EVERY copy is done through clickbank with a 50% commission, plus ClickBank fees would leave about $40,000. Even if all other expenses add up to $20,000, that leaves $20,000 and they can start a new website next week.

$20k a week. It's going to take some serious legal penalties to stop companies like this from giving up their lives as EA pirates.

4xproject.com and then just sign up for their news letter on the right side of the page and you'll get some free EAs based on this one.

soonest, the hangmans noose theory shall be employed as a deterrent warrant for all the "grand thieves" of copyright intellectual's works! pipsleader is an ingrateful disgrace to the commity of intellectual proprietors!

Ron Thomas we sympathise with you for pipsleader's abusing your generousity to us with the free EA!

pipsleader, with immediate alarcrity ,submit your unconditional sincere apology to all the victims affected by the transmission of this scamming virus
we are watching and still waiting or that will be the end of your fraudulent business existence now! we will destroy your evil intentions, acts or ommissions.

FPA Asistant moderator, 4xproject and Robert Morton thanks for being our eyes and guardian Angel! you have saved a lot of prospective victims to be: keep it up!

? Is it possible for the creator of a free EA such as this to copywrite it and receive whatever legal protections are available? If so, all of these pirated EA's are sold through Clickbank, and many offer US addresses, therefore these people should be accessable and able to be held accountable. And even if they are based in a country that is legaly inaccessable, they still need to get paid from Clickbank, therefore it should be possible to block their payments if we get the information to Clickbank in time.

Other than simply exposing them, which FPA and 4xProjects are doing. The best way to stop, or at least hinder these EA pirates would be through well publicized legal procedings, or by simply affecting their profits.

? Is it possible for the creator of a free EA such as this to copywrite it and receive whatever legal protections are available? If so, all of these pirated EA's are sold through Clickbank, and many offer US addresses, therefore these people should be accessable and able to be held accountable. And even if they are based in a country that is legaly inaccessable, they still need to get paid from Clickbank, therefore it should be possible to block their payments if we get the information to Clickbank in time.

Other than simply exposing them, which FPA and 4xProjects are doing. The best way to stop, or at least hinder these EA pirates would be through well publicized legal procedings, or by simply affecting their profits.

My question is this: I paid for this EA this week and it's actually working in demo. If I ran it on a full account, am I liable for copyright infringement? I don't want to get hit with a clawback!

Unless you knew it was pirated, I can't see any court going after you. Just get the free version from 4xProject and get your refund from ClickBank,

Ken's got a great idea. The author should demand Clickbank give him ALL the profits.

How stupid and lazy some people can be! Why can't they take some time to produce their own EA? SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

Good work FPA!!!

Back