Grand Theft EA IV – Metai steals the code AND uses the other company's validation server

AsstModerator

FPA Forums and Reviews Admin
Grand Theft E A IV
Metai steals the code AND uses the other company's validation server

EA Pirates come in many forms. Some set up a website and sell cracked copies of EAs. Some hack an EA and sell it under a new name. I thought I'd seen all the variations.

It turns out that Metai Forex Robot wasn't just selling a hacked or cracked copy of Million Dollar Pips. Not only was a large part of the code taken from Million Dollar Pips, but the pirate copies were authenticating themselves using the MDP authentication server.

Wswi from Malaysia posted about this in a review and included a link to a post by Donna Forex on her site. One of my review moderators brought the issue to my attention and I emailed the lovely and talented Donna Forex to ask for more information. She told me she'd seen the code and also that she had confirmation from William, the owner of MDP.

This sounded like an open and shut case, but the FPA doesn't like to leave any loose ends. I sent an email to Million Dollar Pips and I sent another email to Metai Forex Robot support. I asked if the accusations were unfounded or not. I also asked if a licensing agreement existed between the two companies.

Metai replied...

Yes, this is unfounded accusation.
MetaiM5 is same as MDP in some aspects, but most of it is different from MDP. There are absolutely different two EA.
You can contact the owner of MDP to confirm this.

MDP replied...

This is true, and no agreement has been made.
I spoke to them via email and they confirmed and tried to make a deal, but i'm not happy with their offer or they did this without permission.

So yes it is.

I emailed them both at the same time to ask why there was a disagreement. Metai replied...

Thanks for your email.

We will talk the matter with the owner of MDP and inform you the result as soon as possible.

That was the last thing I heard from Metai.

William from MDP forwarded me an email he'd gotten from Metai. It was dated 10 days before I was told by Metai that the accusation was unfounded...

We have recieved your email about the matter that our product violate your copyrights. I totally represent our company to solve the issue.

Firstly I have to express our deep apology to you, because we indeed referenced your product when we developed our product, but we didn't ask for your consent.

Our purpose that we develop and sell product is earn money, so in this point, we are in agreement. Whether we can achieve cooperation base on this?

We have extensive sales channels and ever created a brilliant sales performance. Whether we can cooperate and create more profit?

Whether we can get your warrant to continue selling our products? we will give to you part of our profits as your return.

Metai clearly admitted to copyright violations 10 days before telling me that there was not any issue. William described Metai's compensation offers as “they are offering me pennys as compensation for stealing MDP code.”

William spent some more trying to work out a deal, but didn't succeed.

As of now, the FPA is declaring all websites belonging to Metai to be scams. These include MetaiForexRobot.com and MTFxRobot.com. They also own TopFxRobot.com. All tests of robots from this company are ending.

I'd like to thank Wswi for bringing this to the FPA's attention, Donna Forex for bringing the issue out into the open and William of MDP for patiently trying to reach an agreement that could have resolved the issue.

Official FPA Scam Finding against Metai Forex Robot and MT Fx Robot

FPA Review Page for MetaiForexRobot.com

FPA Review Page for MTFxRobot.com

With all the lawsuits being brought against so many different companies, perhaps MDP should look into a Copyright violation or theft of same. The nice thing about lawsuits like this it if MDP prevails it would allow them to sue each and every person who purchased the EA from Metai... I know this from having someone violate my Patents many years ago and was able to put them out of business just by putting the fear of their customers being sued if anyone purchased their equipment. It was GREAT!!!

So even though you may not have a Patent you may still be covered by some sort of Copyright protection, find a good lawyer located in Alexandria Virginia as most of the cases are heard there and the US Patent and Trade Mark Office is located in Crystal City Virginia. Good luck with what ever you do but don't let them steal your brain child!

Scam: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the scam sites of Metai.
It's continuing mission: To explore strange new worlds... To seek out new fraud, and new piracies...
To boldly scam where no man Has scammed before.

The truth about the dispute of MetaiM5eurusd and MDP

Hello, everyone:

We are developer of MetaiM5eurusd. About the events that MetaiM5eurusd reference MDP’s code that everyone are concerning and discussing, Metai make the following comments :

1. Metai think that the developer of MDP steal our concept in Mt forex robot: The price of non-unidirectional operation principle. The time that Metai started using this principle in EA is much earlier than MDP use it. You can see it on our website: Mt Forex Robot. In 2008, Metai began to have this ideas and research it, Ultimately, achieved good results in August 2010. According to this concept, Metai developed a EA that be used on foreign exchange trading, and began selling the EA: Mt forex robot; But MDP appears on the market from May 2011, and MDP used our philosophy in his later transactions principle. Metai believe that MDP stole our idea.

2. Metai think that MDP used our trading principle is normal in the beginning, because Metai always think that knowledge can be shared and exchanged between each other. According to the words of MDP: the man who made a four-wheel car in first, if he doesn’t applyed for a patent, if he also does not allow others to manufacture four-wheeled car. MDP attacked us firstly, Metai are forced to do so. Metai also found that a lot of developers used our trading philosophy in their EA, Metai will not blame them and investigate their responsibility, Metai believe that knowledge can be shared.

3. The purpose that Metai study EA is not to make a profit through sale EA, but in order to find a tool to beat the market for the majority traders, so that they can earn profit from the market through used our EA, and not for the matter of idea or concept, to bite and severely beat some people.

4. Metai inadvertently see the MDP code on a website, Metai conducted a careful study and learn from some of its trading philosophy. But in EA MetaiM5eurusd, Metai added our own new ideas, making it more powerful than MDP in real money account. Maybe a lot of people have bought MDP, but until now, how much profit that MDP have created help you. Metai estimate that it is pretty good that MDP didn’t bring loss to you. MDP only can achieve better trading results on demo account, it can not creat prifit on live money account. This disadvantege is closely related to its timeframe of transaction and its parameter setting inside the EA, these are conflict with some common phenomenons of foreign exchange market, such as spreads, slippage, requote. Maybe everyone who done a few years of forex know that it is impossible to win profits use scalping trading strategy on one minute timeframe. But MetaiM5eurusd have overcomed these negative factors, we added a new concept of money management, and run the EA on 5 minutes timeframe, thus making MetaiM5eurusd more powerful than MDP on live money account.

5. Metai will launch two new EA soon that run on 15 minutes timeframe and 1 hour timeframe. They have created good trading results in our testing account now. The principle that they used is the price of non-unidirectional operation principle, and the trading strategy is not scalping, the profit and stop loss is relatively big, so to do like this overcomed some disadvantages of the scalping trading strategy. Metai believe that this new EA be able to create extraordinary profits for the majority traders, not just get a good performance on demo account. The purpose that we study EA is make the majority traders earn profit from the market through use our EA. Please wait and see. These two EAs will be free provided to our old customers for upgrade.

6. Metai believe that FPA has shielded our two EAs MetaiM5eurusd and Mt forex the robot is not justified. Because these two EAs is completely different. Mt forex the robot does not get into any trouble, and should not be shielded.

Fair mind, Metai believe that people's eyes are sharp. Metai believe that the majority traders will give us an impartial judgement.

Thank you everyone
Metai Forex Robot Developing Team

Metai was using the MDP validation server to validate copies of an EA is distributed. This EA contained code copied directly from MDP. Metai admitted as much in an email to MDP and 10 days later denied that there was any problem. When confronted MDP disputing the story, Metai promised to get back to the FPA and went silent.

If you really thought MDP stole anything from Metai, there would have been no reason to apologize to MDP. There would have been a good reason to bring it up when the FPA first asked you about it.

the defense

Metai was using the MDP validation server to validate copies of an EA is distributed. This EA contained code copied directly from MDP. Metai admitted as much in an email to MDP and 10 days later denied that there was any problem. When confronted MDP disputing the story, Metai promised to get back to the FPA and went silent.

If you really thought MDP stole anything from Metai, there would have been no reason to apologize to MDP. There would have been a good reason to bring it up when the FPA first asked you about it.

Hello,

We do not have timely notice you the results of this thing, it is our negligence, we extend our most sincere apologies to FPA. Because we are negotiating with MDP and always don’t reach agreement. So we can notnotify you the results.

We always maintain that knowledge can be shared. So, when MDP point out that we referenced their trading philosophy, we did not expect to hold his accountable, we even do not hold their responsible, because we believe that knowledge can be shared. So when FPA ask us this things, we also did not point out MDP stole our idea.

But MDP open the e-mail content between us and him later, and FPA banned our products. This produced a great impact to our product sales, so we must disclose this fact to protect our rights.

Hope FPA can continue to put our products on your website.

Thank you very much.

I've seen companies develop nearly identical trading strategies independently. Unless someone has a patent, the idea is free.

Using code copied and pasted from another company's EA is not freely using an idea. It is a violation of copyright law. Misusing another company's authentication server to validate EAs you are distributing is a brand new form of piracy.

Until the scam finding is lifted, FPA policy is to not run tests on any of your products. Please get together with MDP and resolve this issue.

Back