• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss GreatFxEvent.com

General discussions of a financial company
Beware

when you bought the Event; were you asked to buy advanced version or any thing else

I haven't bought it, but I've heard that, yes, there's an "advanced" version offered as an upsell, that isn't even mentioned in their presentation.
Another cautionary note: Apparently the average risk/reward ratio is 4:1 - like risking 80 pips against making only 20 pips. They say they win more than 80% of their trades - Well, they'd NEED to do at least that well to be profitable when ONE loss can wipe out FOUR wins!
The other thing that makes me wary of this one is the fact that it doesn't offer an unconditional money-back guarantee - You have to prove that you used it correctly for 2 months in order to qualify for a refund.
Also, I Googled "Jonas Kaiser", one of the developers, who is said to be a former super-successful hedge fund manager....Couldn't find any such person.
And finally, there's no contact phone number provided - only an email address.
In short, I'd be very hesitant to pay for this one.

I have a rule that I don't buy anything when it is first presented - I broke the rule this time. Big Mistake! Yes, they charge extra for several things - like instructions on how to use the program. I did not buy any of the extras. Performance has been very poor for the first week: +$9 for Forex.com, -$105 at Interbank, and -$140 at FXCM.

I have not found any valid contact information. It would be nice to have a few questions answered.

Another NON-Event

Another internet marketer invades the Forex market. Save your money on this one. Winners are quickly erased with multiple losses.:unhappy:

Request refunds thru Clickbank's 60 day unconditional refund policy.

'the event robot'

if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's probably a duck :rolleyes:
anything that is hyped like this is nearly guaranteed to be just another quick scam for the company. stay away from forex scams!

The Event Forex Robot

Will like to know if anyone has any information on the event robot or Mark Roth and the near-impossible claims he has been making of recent? I plan to buy the robot but will appreciate any information about the robot/guy.:eek:oh:

Buy This at your own peril

All the information I will put on here is nothing personal against the vendor but a true experience of my use of the Event Robot.

I fell for the astute marketing and the advanced version upsell. I paid a total of 135GBP. I installed without a problem. I made sure the setting were in default and only changed my lot size on the "common" tab to 0.01 ( 1 micro lot) so I can protect my account properly. In other words, I set my account risk percentage strictly at 1% and used the Event for 28 days.

The experience was like draining oil from a car engine. The account balance kept shrinking and shrinking and I kept hoping and hoping things would change. By the time I lost 25% of the account (remember I used strict 1% risk), I decided enough was enough. Don't get me wrong, this EA will rack up 6-7x 8pips in a row and then lose 1x 70pip trade. That alone wipes out all the profit you make and more. On most days, I notice it at least makes 2 losing trades and the minimum it loses is -35 pips, the other being -70 pips. The winners come in series of +8 pips and +16 pips. With this EA, you will be lucky to break even, let alone, make any significant accruable money with it.

It is a total disappointment. I traded on LIVE account and regret it now. I asked for a refund through Clickbank and they changed my status from "Refund Request" to "Technical Support". They then wrote an additional note saying: "provide us your statements and we can then refund you..."

I found that very insulting. After boasting a no questions asked 60-day money back guarantee, here they are trying to give me a eun around. In the end, I got my money quickly, thanks to Clickbank (within 48 hrs) and the EA is still working on a demo account despite me getting my money back. LOL.

Maybe I'll use it only on Eur/Usd and monitor its progress.
Good riddance, I say. I do not recommend you buy this. It's hope less. You'll be begging to break even and get your money back.

Never, ever put an EA on a live account unless you have tested it first on a demo account. Nothing personal!

During the presentation, they said they would make a refund if you gave them a trading statement (live or demo) with FOUR WEEKS of trading, plus they would give you $100. Unless you don't understand English or didn't listen to the whole presentation, I can't understand how anyone would miss that. That being said, I also read their disclamer in fine print at the bottom of on one of their website pages that said the $100 would be subject to availability, which I took to mean until they had collected enough trading statements from unhappy customers, as in, "thanks for beta-testing this on your demo account for us" or "we never intend to give $100 to anyone, that was just a marketing ploy." I also know that Clickbank will usually help the buyer get a refund within 60 days of purchase and doesn't require trading statements.

I ran the Advanced EA October 1 to October 29 on Alpari UK demo with 0.10 lot, 100:1 leverage and only removing the EA during non-farm payroll release. I started with $5000 and gained $400. I ran it using 23 non-exotic pairs (AUDCAD, AUDCHF, AUDJPY, AUDNZD, AUDUSD, CADCHF, CADJPY, CHFJPY, EURAUD, EURCAD, EURCHF, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURNZD, EURUSD, GBPCHF, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, NSDJPY, NSDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY). I also ran it on Alpari US demo, which gave me a slightly different data feed from Alpari UK, but close enough. Trades opened and closed at the same time and in the same direction. Every so often, one demo took a trade on one pair while the other demo did not. I can't tell you how the Alpari US demo did during the same time period because after a few weeks, I started changing some of the settings. I let the Alpari UK demo run with default settings. At some point, I may put this EA on a live account, but not until I have more time to tweak it.

As far as I'm concerned, it appears some of the coding in the EA doesn't work. I wanted to use 1% risk, so set it risk at 1.0 and MM to true. It opened 0.10 lots regardless. For a $5000 account, I wanted the maximum loss to be $50. So on the second demo account, I input different lot sizes for each pair in order to arrive at 1% risk. Here are the lot sizes I used:

AUDCAD 0.15 lot
AUDCHF 0.07
AUDJPY 0.06
AUDNZD 0.20
AUDUSD 0.14
CADCHF 0.07
CADJPY 0.06
CHFJPY 0.06
EURAUD 0.07
EURCAD 0.07
EURCHF 0.07
EURJPY 0.06
EURNZD 0.10
EURUSD 0.07
GBPCHF 0.07
GBPJPY 0.06
GBPUSD 0.07
NZDJPY 0.06
NZDUSD 0.14
USDCAD 0.15
USDCHF 0.14
USDJPY 0.06

Keep in mind, the account that gave me 8% return used 0.10 lots for every trade, so I'm not saying that varying the lot sizes will make you a profit or has any advantage, other than controlling risk.

Now that I've got the risk controlled, I'm looking at other settings. I notice that trades that open at the start of of the trading week do not do well, but once the London market opens on Monday, then trades have a better chance of winning. Trades carried over the weekend seem to do ok, but don't take my word for it. I would urge anyone who wants to keep trades open over the weekend to test that on a DEMO account for at least four weeks, if not more.

None of my support emails were ever returned, so good luck getting any help.

The canned presentation is a real piece of work, especially the pretend Q & A at the end. Most of the bonuses are a joke. They are either commonly available or don't work. One bonus had an alert that kept alerting every five seconds and it kept alerting no matter what settings I tried. Oh yeah, removing it worked.

I don't have a recommendation as to whether anyone should buy this or not. I don't know if an 8% profit on a demo account will give you an 8% profit on a live account. Could be better, could be worse.

Last edited:
It works but.....

You need to tweak the stop loss or its a losing proposition. I think they have something here with the high win ratio which is pretty darn good, however the one stop loss can take it out. I'm running default on one account and trimmed back the stop losses on another. I will be watching it. If it performs well i will take it live.

Back