• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Gtl trading dmcc

I am having an issue with a company
Ancora non si è capito che Di Fonzo non è una vittima ma il carnefice insieme a Spinardi e a Riaz. Da quando è scoppiato il crack ci ha fatto credere di essere stato fregato anche lui insieme ai clienti di Gforex dal pakistano truffatore. Peccato che in questo anno si è scoperto che erano tutti e tre pappa e ciccia! Facevano affari con la società lussemburghese, avevano conti in vari paradisi fiscali, gestivano a loro piacimento i risparmi di 400 italiani fessi,che in buona fede li avevavo affidati a loro. Quando hanno raggiunto un bel gruzzolo hanno pensato di spartirselo, ma Riaz, che già disponeva della fetta più grossa (16 milioni di euro), l’ha tenuta tutta per sè fregando anche gli altri. Ma se il crack è di 26 milioni di euro, dove sono gli altri soldi??? Signor Di Fonzo, non pensa di dovere dare qualche risposta a questo quesito, visto che i soldi venivano consegnati a lei e dunque doveva essere necessariamente a conoscenzza della loro destinazione!?!n questa storia sono stati coinvolti HALABI HADI e CAVALLUCCI. Il primo viene considerato un intermediario di livello internazionale. Qualcuno di voi lo conosce e sa cosa è riuscito a risolvere anche in altre vicende?Il secondo che film ha fatto?

Cavalluci and Halaby? I don't know any of them.I’ve been told that Abdel Hady A. EL-Halaby,lives in Egypt (Alexandria) and he's an ex-member of the egyptian diplomatic staff in retirement (Halaby is 80 or older...).He collaborated with Al Maarif in this case,as english translator because the lawyers in that firm don't speak english well.That is all.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I was going through the documents about the settlement of EQUIS Sarl in Luxembourg, when I found out that after few months from the creation of the society Riaz had to leave the society (according to Di Fonzo he didn't passed the compliance from Deutsche Bank) and his participation quotes were passed to a guy called Imitiaz Khoda. Informations about this guy are very flood of course, but seems he lives in Dubai (where he moved few years ago from the UK) and that he's in Real Estate business, involved in a recent scam about building a luxury area in "The World" (read more in Project on 'The World' on the verge of cancellation - Emirates 24/7). Any idea how Riaz and Khoda are connected? They must have something to share, they're both pakistanians and made money from nothing from a day to another appearently.

Cavalluci and Halaby? I don't know any of them.I’ve been told that Abdel Hady A. EL-Halaby,lives in Egypt (Alexandria) and he's an ex-member of the egyptian diplomatic staff in retirement (Halaby is 80 or older...).He collaborated with Al Maarif in this case,as english translator because the lawyers in that firm don't speak english well.That is all.
Halabi viene considerato un intermediario internazionale che ha risolto altri casi del genere. Perchè nella vicenda Gforex non è riuscito a fare niente? Che ruolo ha Cavallucci in questa storia?

Hi all,
I was going through the documents about the settlement of EQUIS Sarl in Luxembourg, when I found out that after few months from the creation of the society Riaz had to leave the society (according to Di Fonzo he didn't passed the compliance from Deutsche Bank) and his participation quotes were passed to a guy called Imitiaz Khoda. Informations about this guy are very flood of course, but seems he lives in Dubai (where he moved few years ago from the UK) and that he's in Real Estate business, involved in a recent scam about building a luxury area in "The World" (read more in Project on 'The World' on the verge of cancellation - Emirates 24/7). Any idea how Riaz and Khoda are connected? They must have something to share, they're both pakistanians and made money from nothing from a day to another appearently.

Actually,I have no idea of possible connections between Khoda and Riaz.
Imitiaz khoda is certanly a cheater as well as Mahmood Riaz.You only ask many pissed off british and irish investors,to see all that :(
Here's more information:
Sigrun Holdings ……..A collection of conmen duping investors | fraudex2012

Halabi viene considerato un intermediario internazionale che ha risolto altri casi del genere. Perchè nella vicenda Gforex non è riuscito a fare niente? Che ruolo ha Cavallucci in questa storia?
You affirm Halaby solved other cases.Which cases are you referring to? :confused::cool:

What the hell is Mahmood Riaz doing?

I wonder what the f..k Mahmood Riaz is doing...
Word is spreading that he's going to get rid of his scam companies (the mysterious group named Gtl Network)

Last edited:
latest news from UAE

Investors to sue over their lost life savings - The National

Investors to sue over their lost life savings
Vivian Nereim
Aug 25, 2012*

DUBAI // A local businessman has been accused of embezzling US$36 million (Dh132.2m) by a group of investors planning a class-action lawsuit in Italy
The case is a complex financial puzzle that stretches from the British Virgin Islands through Europe to the UAE. The Italian investors do not know what happened, only that they lost their life savings.
"I feel that it won't come back, this money," said Paolo Pasquini, 44, a father from Tuscany who lost €50,000 (Dh230,000). "Nobody will help us."
The money was gathered from about 400 investors by Gforex, a company based in Milan before it went into bankruptcy.
The owner of Gforex, Claudio di Fonzo, said he sent the money to a brokerage account that he opened with MR, a Pakistani businessman based in Dubai, to trade on the foreign-exchange market.
"You give money to these companies in a way that you can buy and sell foreign-exchange transactions," Mr di Fonzo said. "You buy euro, you sell dollars. You try to gain."
He claimed MR siphoned money from the account and blocked his access to the trading platform.
MR's lawyer in Italy, Matteo Cornali, denied the allegation, blaming the Gforex bankruptcy on mismanagement.
"My client believes that Gforex has issued false statements to their investors, committed fraud in their bookkeeping and misinformed the Italian regulator," Mr Cornali said.
Reached by phone, MR said he was out of the country, had nothing to say and hung up.
The investors are caught in the middle of the accusations and counter-accusations.
"We are families, many of us," said Maria Bietolini, 51, a communications consultant from Milan who lost €70,000. "I'm working but many of the investors are retired people … they feel humiliated."
The Italians have split into groups seeking different solutions. Those organising the class action say they are suspicious of Gforex's role and want to sue Mr di Fonzo as well.
He says the story began in 2008, when he visited Dubai and met MR, with whom he decided to open a foreign-exchange trading account.
The Pakistani businessman's local company, GTL Trading, is licensed by the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre. But Mr di Fonzo said the account opened was with another of MR's companies, operating out of Switzerland.
In 2009, MR bought a third of Gforex, Mr di Fonzo said, but a year later the Pakistani businessman mentioned financial problems.
Mr di Fonzo said he asked for Gforex's money back and eventually received "some hundreds of thousands of euros".
"When you open an account with a broker your money is supposed to be segregated and you make operations with this money on the market," Mr di Fonzo said.
"We did this. We did not lose this money with our operations."
Gforex last met MR in spring last year, he said. "We were really at the end of our company business because we had to give back moneys to customers," Mr di Fonzo said.
"We had a final meeting in which we were saying, OK, we need to give our money back. And he was proposing to us what we believe was a big Ponzi scheme."
Gforex went into liquidation soon after.
Mr Cornali tells a different story. He said MR worked closely with Gforex through a British Virgin Islands company called Global Tradewaves.
Global Tradewaves "did suffer market instabilities" in 2010, Mr Cornali said.
But at that point, MR and Mr di Fonzo signed an agreement saying any money Global Tradewaves owed Gforex had been converted into a $20m loan, which GTL Trading in Dubai guaranteed.
Mr Cornali said Global Tradewaves repaid some money but the company had been unable to repay the full amount because the agreement needed to be clarified.
Gforex has not responded to attempts to renegotiate, he said.
A financial regulator based in the US said the international nature of the case will make it hard to resolve.
"You look at the finance sector, there's no such thing as a geographical boundary any more," said Joe Borg, chair of the international committee at the North American Securities Administrators Association.
"Unfortunately, when it comes to laws and prosecutions it's all local."
Some of the investors say they feel desperate. VL, 53, a journalist from Sicily, lost hundreds of thousands of euros invested in Gforex.
"[It was] the savings of three generations," he said. "My father, my mother, my granny, my whole family."
Others feel helpless. "We are very sad, believe me, because you know how life is hard," said Rita La Rocca, a housewife from Sicily whose family lost more than €100,000. "We hope and that's it."
vnereim@thenational.ae

Last edited:
Back