• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Gtl trading dmcc

I am having an issue with a company
Hello,
Is there any knowledge on the fraud of GTL and Capricorn fx Euro fund at JLFund administration.
I am living in a vacuum, since loosing a lot of money with the Capricorn Fund in 2013 June.
Riaz and GTL seem to be the guilty parties.
Any advice what to do?
Unfortunately,I don't have any news on that fraud case.
Maybe,you could call the Capricorn's liquidator,Russell Crumpler
http://www.kpmg.com/vg/en/pages/contactus.aspx
You can find some old news here:
http://fratebatacchio.blogspot.it/2013/10/jp-funds-group-capricorn-group-global.html
http://fratebatacchio.blogspot.it/2013/09/jp-funds-group-vs-global-tradewaves.html
(Put the italian text of these articles through Google Translator for some interesting reading.Albeit in rather patchy english,but the gist of it will be obvious).

If you do not then you would be liable for becoming an accomplice to a continuing act of defamation.

Blackmailing red flag ?

Hello everyone.
dubaiscammer you seem to have a lot of knowledge about Mr Riaz and his Group.
Saad Waseem and his father Waseem Ashraf have done fraud with my father, whats the best way to go about dealing with it? they keep delaying or refusing to give back our money.

Hello everyone.
dubaiscammer you seem to have a lot of knowledge about Mr Riaz and his Group.
Saad Waseem and his father Waseem Ashraf have done fraud with my father, whats the best way to go about dealing with it? they keep delaying or refusing to give back our money.

Hi,
For all I know,Waseem Ashraf is currently residing in a small Scottish town by Edinburgh (this is the last known address: 1 McLean Gate-Pitreavie Castle-Dunfermline).
He has apparently been involved in the fraudolent company,named Global Tradewaves,wholly owned by his fellow countryman,the pakistani serial fraudster,Mahmood Riaz,(notes however that Ashraf is UK citizen).
He's also been linked to other suspicious firms,such as Finex Care ltd,Global Commodities pvt ltd and ElysianFX.
One of his sons,Saad Waseem run a FSC-Mauritius regulated broker,based in Dubai and named Fido Markets.
My advice is to get in contact with a good lawyer having dealt with financial scams.
I sent you a PM.

Hi,
For all I know,Waseem Ashraf is currently residing in a small Scottish town by Edinburgh (this is the last known address: 1 McLean Gate-Pitreavie Castle-Dunfermline).
He has apparently been involved in the fraudolent company,named Global Tradewaves,wholly owned by his fellow countryman,the pakistani serial fraudster,Mahmood Riaz,(notes however that Ashraf is UK citizen).
He's also been linked to other suspicious firms,such as Finex Care ltd,Global Commodities pvt ltd and ElysianFX.
One of his sons,Saad Waseem run a FSC-Mauritius regulated broker,based in Dubai and named Fido Markets.
My advice is to get in contact with a good lawyer having dealt with financial scams.
I sent you a PM.

Hello Everyone,

Dubaiscam - Similar to to many cases here, my father too has been scammed through Elysian FX out of Dubai (HQ in New Zealand). Is there anyway we can try to recover money lost here? What do you think is the best way to go after these scammers? Get a lawyer out of Dubai or should we go after the New Zealand entity or is there a holding company that we should target - or is this a hopeless case?

Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

Dubaiscam - Similar to to many cases here, my father too has been scammed through Elysian FX out of Dubai (HQ in New Zealand). Is there anyway we can try to recover money lost here? What do you think is the best way to go after these scammers? Get a lawyer out of Dubai or should we go after the New Zealand entity or is there a holding company that we should target - or is this a hopeless case?

Thanks!
Unfortunately,I think this is a hopeless case. Elysian fx which is now dissolved,was registered in New Zealand.
https://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/3123305/detail
Have you filed a complaint with the FSP?
http://www.business.govt.nz/fsp/help-support/complaints-about-fsps
Note however that although brokers are required to follow a simple registration procedure in order to provide financial services, it's fair to say that Forex in New Zealand so far is not fully supervised by any regulatory institution,The situation is similar, if not worse in Dubai.
Honestly, I don't know what I could tell you. Regarding whether it's better to get a lawyer,the question is whether or not it's worth it.It could be wasted money...

Last edited:
Hi, I have read this thread through, and it seems that you are right about this Riaz Fellow and his accomplices in Italy. But i was wondering if there is any proof that these fido or elysian fx are involved in this too? I've seen people saying that they have been defrauded but is there direct proof linking these Waseem fellows to Riaz? I am wondering because this elysian is saying it is a consulting firm so does the fido markets website, are they really related to fx?

Hi, I have read this thread through, and it seems that you are right about this Riaz Fellow and his accomplices in Italy. But i was wondering if there is any proof that these fido or elysian fx are involved in this too? I've seen people saying that they have been defrauded but is there direct proof linking these Waseem fellows to Riaz? I am wondering because this elysian is saying it is a consulting firm so does the fido markets website, are they really related to fx?
Hi,
Let's get one thing clear:Fido Markets an ElysianFX are not only consulting firms.They are or should I say "they were"...forex brokers.
http://website.informer.com/fidomarkets.com
As regard Waseem Ashraf and his sons Saad and Javaad,we don't know how severe their involvement is.However it is clear that these guys are somehow linked to the scam forex companies headed by Riaz.
Ashraf Waseem was the liquidator of several fraudolent Global Tradewaves (aka GTL) operating under Swiss law.
Saad Waseem was in the business with Riaz and his wife Leila at Bvi-based Global Tradewaves.

Back