GUILTY - Case# 2011-001 | Gonzzo vs www.Investtechfx.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that Investtechfx is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 73 93.6%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mind you your profit may be purely virtual - it's on your statement only while they may have no real money to cover.
It makes me worried - if other people rushed to withdraw they may not even get 100% of their deposits. Not to mention any profits.

I'm not saying you should forget about the profit but I'd take the deposit first and keep requesting the profit a.s.a.p without any commitments or else.

BTW - this smells like a criminal case...

Principled or Smart?

In my conversation with InvestTechFX this last week we were discussing the options (which have not changed) and when I continued to reject their proposals of returning my $5000 deposit if I would agree to leave all of the rest of my funds in my account until the end of 2011 I was given this bit of wisdom. "You can be principled or you can be smart." So if I fall for their proposal I would be "smart". I don't think so. I was also told that if I pursued the course that I am on with ForexPeaceArmy that I would end up spending all of my money in my account defending a law suit and would be lucky to get back even part of my deposit. I have since heard from their lawyer who made the same proposition as before. I have done nothing wrong, unethical or illegal in my trading with InvestTech. All I want to do is withdraw MY funds and close my account. Not a very complicated thing to understand.

Another trader with money trapped inside Investtechfx.

Has anyone else ever heard of anything even close to this?

InvestTechFX is 24 karat SCAM. We are not going to waste ink before saying that. Read slowly the 2 lines their rep dropped above and you'll see what I mean.
They might have meant well when they started out as brokers, but decided to adopt the strange tactics of extreme scammers when they fell into bad days. Simple!

Kenn

Is there no supervision on these forex brokers? looks like traders are at their mercy.

Hope FPA will continue to highlight these scammers for the rest of the world.

Thanks for the great work FPA!

As a rank newbie and possibly not the brightest bulb in the shed, it seems to me that this matter should be referred to the National Futures Association and/or the Commodity Futures Trading Commission for investigation.

Fred, have you contacted either of these organizations?

While this is an awesome forum with lots of obviously well-intentioned folks behind it, the sleeze meter seems to be pegged in the red zone with respect to this broker (emphasis on the "broke" part I'm thinking). Perhaps heavier artillery would be good in this case (if indeed NFA/CFTC could be deemed to represent such).

All the best of luck to you with this Fred ... I must say your account of this episode scares the holy hell out of me!

As a rank newbie and possibly not the brightest bulb in the shed, it seems to me that this matter should be referred to the National Futures Association and/or the Commodity Futures Trading Commission for investigation.

Fred, have you contacted either of these organizations?

While this is an awesome forum with lots of obviously well-intentioned folks behind it, the sleeze meter seems to be pegged in the red zone with respect to this broker (emphasis on the "broke" part I'm thinking). Perhaps heavier artillery would be good in this case (if indeed NFA/CFTC could be deemed to represent such).

All the best of luck to you with this Fred ... I must say your account of this episode scares the holy hell out of me!

To Fred Langemark

You say you are new to the world of Fraudex: so here s how it functions:

Some brokers are duly registered and regulated and some are not. The CFTC is actually already suing InvesttechFX in the New York southern district for offering their service to US citizens without being registered. So Investtech stopped taking US customers. Complaining to the Ontario Securities Commission would similarly bring some kind of action from the OSC because InvesttechFX isn t registered there either. Bodies like the CFTC or the OSC do not spend all day searching cyberspace for new offenders but they do react when they are alerted.

On the other hand, people who are owed money understand that the`heavy artillery `as you call it would more likely cause another broker to disappear in cyberspace ( and their accounts with them ) because a non-regulated broker isn t part of a compensation scheme like a regulated one. So, they d rather keep the broker in business because there is always a chance they ll get paid

Moral of the story: always give your business to a regulated broker and your money will be safè in a segregated account separate from your broker s own funds.

SCAM

No doubt about it in my mind this broker is SCAMING customers i do hope that any trader looking to use Investtechfx as there broker gets to look at these cases against them before they deposit funds and any customer that's caught up in this scam gets what they are entitled to there deposit and there profit:mad:

As far as I can see, this is a simple matter of THEFT!
But the robber needs to buy some time until he can get his suitcase stuffed with the loot and head to the airport.

Suddenly 25 members decided to vote not Guilty.
What a coincidence. The same 25 voted in the other case against Investtech:p
Why don't any of you 25 (Or maybe just one with 25 names?;)) Step forward and justify, why you voted not guilty?

Back