GUILTY Case# 2011-019 | Robert Li vs www.investTechfx.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that Investtechfx is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 110 95.7%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is just incredibly sad. Listening to the conversation had rip of and con all over it. The voice sounded Afrikaans, Indian or something. Why not just do business with New Zealand, Australian or English Brokers. At least your dealing with honorable people. I really feel sorry for Robert. I know this is going to sound bad but as soon a someone has broken English or an American accent I ask for another customer services person, or look for another broker. But actually just better to do business in New Zealand. We have very strict laws here as I think Australia might do to. So many poor people had their money stolen. Just so sad

TOTALLY AGREE! Stick to brokers who operate in countries with strict laws.

Scam Traders Beware

Yes very sad indeed so many people caught up in this SCAM i just hope now people looking to open an account with Investtechfx get a chance to read FPA traders court before depositing funds:mad:

New traders beware

This is indeed very sad. I felt so sorry for you Robert. The phone conversation indicates what a SCAM broker Investtechfx is. My vote speak out:unhappy:

Was a good company

Actually InvestTechfx got a high score (8 / 10) in 2008 by a "best online forex brokers guide website".....But who knows everything suddenly changed when comes to 2011....something must have gone wrong...Was wondering why those people cannot just make honest and clean money....can FPA become a broker....

Actually InvestTechfx got a high score (8 / 10) in 2008 by a "best online forex brokers guide website".....But who knows everything suddenly changed when comes to 2011....something must have gone wrong...Was wondering why those people cannot just make honest and clean money....can FPA become a broker....

I don't know which website you referred to but i wouldn't put my money to a broker where there are no any documents indicating they are regulated, and no office address as well ( i am looking at their website now). As i said i felt sorry for you. Hope you can withdrawal all your money out.

This is just incredibly sad. Listening to the conversation had rip of and con all over it. The voice sounded Afrikaans, Indian or something. Why not just do business with New Zealand, Australian or English Brokers. At least your dealing with honorable people. I really feel sorry for Robert. I know this is going to sound bad but as soon a someone has broken English or an American accent I ask for another customer services person, or look for another broker. But actually just better to do business in New Zealand. We have very strict laws here as I think Australia might do to. So many poor people had their money stolen. Just so sad

Dear dragonz

You are wrong about New Zealand. New Zealand repealed their entire banking act in 1995 and are part of the problem with a flourishing offshore sector that is a hub for all the ponzis of the world. The New Zealand authorities will do nothing as long it s only foreigners who get scammed. Such offshore entities carefully refuse to do business with New Zelanders and the New Zealand fraud squad leave them alone. If you are willing to help, I ll explain more.

Dear Robert

You need to understand what is a ponzi scheme. In the beginning, the company will try to get a good reputation to get a lot of clients. If they scammed the first customers, it would be bad for business because those first clients would quickly destroy their reputation and the company would never become large. The company is profitable if the amounts of money coming in their bank account is MORE than the amounts disbursed. During the growth period, they dont care if they have to pay the people: they simply pay with the money from new customers. When the company isn t getting many more clients is when the true nature of the business becomes clear. They refuse to pay more money than the money coming in.

Disgusting

The voice sounded Afrikaans, Indian or something. Why not just do business with New Zealand, Australian or English Brokers. At least your dealing with honorable people. I really feel sorry for Robert. I know this is going to sound bad but as soon a someone has broken English or an American accent I ask for another customer services person, or look for another broker.

Unbelievable blatant racism. :shocked: Neither of those individuals in the conversation had a clean English accent. You honestly think that speaking to a representative with a different accent means the company is untrustworthy? Shame on you. Stick to the content of the conversation. :err:

An accent doesn't tell you where a broker is located. There are plenty of US brokers who have employees in their US offices who don't sound local. The world is getting more internationalized all the time.

It's regulation and easy return of your funds that you should worry about with a broker, not what sort of accent the employees have. It's what's said in the recorded conversation that's important.

Agreed. It s not the accent that matters. But the country where the broker is located does matter. For example, if InvesttechFX was duly registered with the Ontario Securities Commission, investors would have more legal recourse.

The fact that Investtech did not in fact respect canadian regulations shows that, even when the broker is located in a `good `country, you re better check with the authorities if they did register.

Now, suppose that Investtech s `clearing house `is in some country where there is no regulations whatsoever for the Forex industry....you re much worse off than with a canadian clearing house. Things get even worse if the actual bank accounts where most of the money ended are in some offshore jurisdiction where there is bank secrecy etc etc

To recoup their money, investors often need the cooperation of the law-enforcement agencies in several countries. And Investtech s investors will need New Zealand

Last edited:
Back