GUILTY Case# 2011-019 | Robert Li vs www.investTechfx.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that Investtechfx is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 110 95.7%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think you can tell if someone is honest or not by their accent, but when they try to avoid paying back a customer's funds by avoiding, making excuses, offering confusing and contradictory reasons why they are not obligated to refund your money right away then that definitely makes me very suspicious.

They should have already made some kind of good faith offer to do whatever possible to satisfy your request. I don't see that happening. It looks more like what someone would do to hide from their creditors when they are three months behind on payments. I don't see any real proof that they are scammers, but then how much more guilty can they appear to be?

I have to give them the thumbs down -- and the middle finger up.

I certainly hope you can get your money back from them.
:)

Official statement from InvestTechFX

Official statement from InvestTechFX in regards to the comments made by user name Robert Li:

InvestTechFX works on behalf of our customers to ensure they have the best possible trading experience and actively works to resolve disagreements. We would like to take this opportunity to state that Robert Li is a customer of ours who was fully aware of his VIP account status at the time of his conversation with our representative. He has been notified formally in regards to his account status and has in fact received his bonuses, which he is now denying. The libellous comments he has made and continues to make have required us to forward this case to our outside legal representation to resolve the issue.

InvestTechFX

Dear Investtech

We all hope that your lawyers will include your present address in their communications with those 3 clients because you are apparently gone from 1 Yonge St in Toronto....

Naming your clearing house that supposedly suffered a loss to the trading of some of them would be nice also....

Official statement from InvestTechFX in regards to the comments made by user name Robert Li:

InvestTechFX works on behalf of our customers to ensure they have the best possible trading experience and actively works to resolve disagreements. We would like to take this opportunity to state that Robert Li is a customer of ours who was fully aware of his VIP account status at the time of his conversation with our representative. He has been notified formally in regards to his account status and has in fact received his bonuses, which he is now denying. The libellous comments he has made and continues to make have required us to forward this case to our outside legal representation to resolve the issue.

InvestTechFX

I heard the call InvestTech, Alan does not give a crap, acknowledges that he is not returning Robert's e-mails and informs Robert in the call that he has NOW entered VIP status because he built his account up to $20000. Alan tells him in the call that he had to tell them 30 days in advance that he wanted to end the commitment or it automatically renews for a year??? Crap, total crap, if that statement alone is true you guys are a scam, no different than the "try our product free for 30 days" (you must call to cancel or we charge you $10000 a day) Your business practices are ridiculous.

They could have taken your money, and others, and set up a time deposit account to earn more money off you as well as the bucketed sums. This will allow them to play this game as long as possible like a Ponzi.

Finally replied

InvestTechFX
Finally I got a reply!!! Being ignored for so long is not a good feeling...today is a good day...
But I haven't got a reply to my email yet...Thanks FPA for providing this platform for "communication".
But I doubt whether the person posted those above has read fully what I wrote and he checked the email history. If not, the email is below:

InvestTechFx.com to me
show details 2/1/10

Dear Robert,
We agree with you.
After a lengthy discussion with the clearing department about your situation, they agreed to drop all commissions from your account, should you do the following:
Deposit a minimum of $5000 for a Silver Account.
Agree to trade with us for one year.
Should you agree to those terms, we are authorized to drop all commissions from your account.

Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:34 PM
Dear Robert,
Thank you for the email.
As long as you agree in writing to the following, we will have a deal.
1) You will remain as an active trader with Investtechfx for 12 months.
2) You will deposit $10,000 or more for a Gold Account.
Should you agree, we will remove the commissions from your account and reimburse you retroactively and directly from Investtechfx for commissions taken from your account until this point.
We look forward to your reply and to welcoming you as a Gold Account customer.

And I deposited US$10,000 the following day.

From the email above, I all the time think that I am a gold a/c member and I actually ever asked online support how to become a VIP as I thought VIP could have some extra priviledges....

I have no idea that InvestTechfx take all a/c with a US$20k above as a VIP and all the pros and cons of a VIP until the day I read posts on the FPA...

And InvestTechfx never ever email to me, and I believe, never email to anybody about the benefits and the restriction of the VIP...and most important, what to "end the committment".

BTW, I didn't deny the US$1500 bonus as I listed it on the transaction...Please open your eyes....and that bonus is a gold a/c bonus....

P.S., do you see any other problem with my a/c other than the "committment issue" ? If that full amount of money can really be taken out after one more year, I don't mind to wait for another year. And believe me all the rest will not mind to wait for another year if gurantee their money can be returned with no more riduculous excuse.... Who knows the next excuse? What if you change your rule to " All VIP a/c must not withdraw before I run away"?

Why not be honest and make honest money?

Why not ? Why not? Why not?

Case# 2011-019 | Robert Li vs www.investTechfx.com

Investechfx has no right to retain or keep the invested amount. In the first place, the invested amount does not belong to them. Second, the amount is for trading and should be returned to the investor/trader once requested. Third, Investechfx should better return the money and refrain from engaging in business if it does not know how to operate an honest business.

re Invest tech

So sorry to hear about this Robert-
You were cautious and it shows that is not enough at times. Sickening really of this Invest tech company not keeping their promises to you and how awful to find out they are not registered with the approp. office in Toronto.
Thank you for warning us -this looks like a scam to me and a company to stay away from Big Time.
Good luck going after them and I hope you get your money back soon :)Joh

Back