GUILTY Case# 2012-056 | Kovacs Norbert vs fxopen.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that fxopen.com is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 103 82.4%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 22 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If this case comes up to vote FxOpen as a "scam", I will vote "No" because, as far as I know, FxOpen is not a scam broker as I have live accounts with them for over two years and have spent a considerable amount of time at their forum which have many loyal forumers populating their site. There really are a great bunch of people there. However, some four months back, when FxOpen started their "pay to post" campaign, I don't agree with them in that decision as it drew too many Newbies posting mindless posts to get paid for doing that. Since then, I have posted very little (next to none) in FxOpen forum.

I don't really know how AsstModerator is going to classify this case when it comes up for vote since, in my opinion, it's FxOpen LP which is at fault for the false price feeds and there is doubt whether Kovacs (and he is no Newbie) knew & recognized the false price feeds and capitalized on that (hence the large size trades).
Both ForexVerified and my friend "along" have posted that they have seen and experienced such false price feeds but did not take advantage of that. So, that alone gives me cause to ponder over this case.

The fault of FxOpen is in not handling this case adequately and chooses to hide behind their TOS and using that despicable word "sue", and, of course, no apparent action against their LP.

My Dear Rahman they are SCAMS if they do not compensate Kovacs Norbert. You have talked about the LP of them that there LP is guilty so yes there LP is guilty, but remember that it is there LP not clients LP so they are 100% responsible for there LP. If they think there LP is responsible for this they take money from there LP and pay it to there trader (Kovacs Norbert). Everyone everything is responsible for the things associated with them. You are responsible for your Eyes, your hands, your Legs because they are your. The LP is of FXOPEN so they are responsible for there LP, if someone had got any loss from there LP they will pay it.

Thanks for your time

]Mr. Peganov

a) I am very sorry, but we sent you a trading logs in a standard format, and you are free to post them. So your distrust is not an argument.

I do not care your sorry. Your standard format proves nothing. I attached for viewing your proofs, which can be easily handcrafted.

View attachment Answer.docx

]

I repeat again, I played fair game, I traded what had been offered to me. I deserve my money.

I can't say I understand everything involved in this case, but the bolded part is essentially the point I was making earlier. What was he (or anyone) supposed to do when shown bid and ask prices on the platform? Not click on them because they might be "off market"?? Is that our responsibility as traders? To determine if a price is "legitimate" before we click on it?

Some posters here seem to think it is; that we as traders have some kind of "duty" to not trade on prices if they might be "off market." Sorry but that's not my responsibility. If I see a price offered to me on the trading platform, I have every right to click on it. If that price is wrong or "off market", then that isn't my problem. What else am I supposed to do? Not trade?

Anyway, I can't really speak to the other stuff, but this point is clear as a bell to me.

I can't say I understand everything involved in this case, but the bolded part is essentially the point I was making earlier. What was he (or anyone) supposed to do when shown bid and ask prices on the platform? Not click on them because they might be "off market"?? Is that our responsibility as traders? To determine if a price is "legitimate" before we click on it?

Some posters here seem to think it is; that we as traders have some kind of "duty" to not trade on prices if they might be "off market." Sorry but that's not my responsibility. If I see a price offered to me on the trading platform, I have every right to click on it. If that price is wrong or "off market", then that isn't my problem. What else am I supposed to do? Not trade?

Anyway, I can't really speak to the other stuff, but this point is clear as a bell to me.

Great point this is what we all traders are saying

I do not care your sorry. Your standard format proves nothing. I attached for viewing your proofs, which can be easily handcrafted.

Just to clarify, all log files will be in a text format. There's no other method they could have used to send a log file except text. Actually, I'm curious if the journal log from your own Metatrader 4 platform shows the same thing? Have you checked it? You may be able to confirm that the log they sent you is accurate by checking your own, and you might have a record of all of your trades and not just the one.

What was he (or anyone) supposed to do when shown bid and ask prices on the platform? Not click on them because they might be "off market"?? Is that our responsibility as traders? To determine if a price is "legitimate" before we click on it?

According to FXOpen (and my personal experience at another broker), that's probably not what happened. The price shown on the chart was accurate, but when the trade was executed, it was executed at the wrong price (due to the LP glitch, who was filling the trades). Here's the snippet from the log that Kovacs just attached:

Open position:
2012.05.16 18:17:56 '338292': market buy 20.00 EURUSD sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000 (1.27233 / 1.27234) – ASK price was at 1.27234
2012.05.16 18:17:56 '23': request from '338292' (buy 20.00 EURUSD at 1.27234 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000)
2012.05.16 18:17:56 '23': confirm '338292' buy 20.00 EURUSD at 1.27171 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000 (1.27233 / 1.27234)
2012.05.16 18:17:56 '338292': order #2655625, buy 20.00 EURUSD at 1.27171 – Execution was made at 1.27171 , i.e. 63 pips better than current ASK 1.27234

The log sent by FXOpen says "63 pips better" but I think they meant "63 points better", or 6.3 pips.

Then 11 seconds later the trade was closed. The glitch happened again while closing the trade:

Close position:
2012.05.16 18:18:07 '338292': close market order #2655625 (buy 20.00 EURUSD at 1.27171) (1.27220 / 1.27222) (red = bid price)
2012.05.16 18:18:07 '23': request from '338292' (close #2655625 buy 20.00 EURUSD at 1.27220)
2012.05.16 18:18:07 '23': confirm '338292' close #2655625 buy 20.00 EURUSD at 1.27285 (1.27218 / 1.27220)
2012.05.16 18:18:07 '338292': close order #2655625 (buy 20.00 EURUSD at 1.27171) at 1.27285 completed – Execution was made at 1.27285, i.e. 67 pips better than current BID 1.27218.

I agree with Pharaoh that the Liquidity Provider needs to take responsibility, but if I was FX Open, I probably would not have done much different. When you have an unresolvable issue like this where you've done as much as you can but the client still isn't happy, what can you do except say "take it to the authorities if you really want to." ? Rather than adjusting the orders and making Kovacs pay the $1800 in losses, they just voided the trades. From what I can tell, they didn't start the negotiation saying that - they started it by researching what happened and providing a detailed explanation of what happened. I may have missed some emails though?

Sometimes, some customers are just impossible to satisfy...

@forex verified...you have some good points, and like I was saying I don't know or care very much to find out all the details, but was mainly making the point that it's 100% the broker's responsibility to have accurate prices displayed on the platform, AND have trades executing at correct market prices as well. If they or one of their LP's screw that up for whatever reason, it should never be to the trader's detriment. That's simply good business, ethics, whatever. And from Kovacs perspective at least, it was lost profits that was the detriment, not this $1800 in losses.

But to your statement that FX Open has done all they can, I respectfully disagree. I think there was/is far more they can do differently than they have. Pharaoh detailed a whole list of things. I hardly think they have done all they can, but again who really knows. But in light of recent financial scandals, and rampant dishonesty among financial companies becoming an everyday occurrence (PFG Best being the latest), you'd think FX Open would be bending over backwards to make sure they come out smelling like a rose. And I don't think they've achieved that here, regardless of how this is ultimately resolved.

Last edited:
Dear ForexVerified,

you mentioned FxOpen did all they can. Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but I must disagree. This event occured on 05.16.2012. and their first meaningful explonation why all my trades were deleted was sent on 06.04.2012. It took them three weeks to send me some answers, and only after the story was aired here at FPA. Hardly fast and informative was their reply.

Moreover, I had 60 trades that had been deleted and Fxopen only higlighted a few trades in their short reply. (See attachment pior post) Why did not explain what happened to my other fifty trades. Moreover, what does this explonation prove anyway? We are talking about 40k profit , so a slight more due diligence could have been applied. They did not explain the rest of my trades, maybe because they could not? Their reply is messy, unconvincing, just a simple BS to me.

Last but not least, you are wrong, I am easy to satisfy. All FXopen has to do is to prove beyond any doubt is true what they say and pay me immediately. Sadly, in the last 2 months Fxopen could not prove anything, and backed away from responsibility paying me. So I am dissatisfied with reasons.

As you requested, I attached my log file for that trading day for viewing pleasure.

Dear Boko Maru,

your analogy PFG Best and Fxopen speaks for itself. One is proven scammer, the other will be proven eventually. If PFG went bust, so could Fxopen as well. Do not be suprised if this happens because the warning sings are all around.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I repeat again, I played fair game, I traded what had been offered to me. I deserve my money.

Attachments

• 05-16.docx
    21 KB · Views: 28
Dear ForexVerified,

you mentioned FxOpen did all they can. Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but I must disagree. This event occured on 05.16.2012. and their first meaningful explonation why all my trades were deleted was sent on 06.04.2012. It took them three weeks to send me some answers, and only after the story was aired here at FPA. Hardly fast and informative was their reply.

Moreover, I had 60 trades that had been deleted and Fxopen only higlighted a few trades in their short reply.

I understand where you're coming from. It probably took them time to notice the huge profit, pull the logs and have the techs analyze them. I would have been frustrated if it took that long to get an explanation too. I agree a copy of their server logs for all 60 trades would have been appropriate. They probably assumed an explanation of one of the trades would be sufficient since the same situation happened in all of them.

I've provided my $.02 (and much more) so I'll be quiet now. On a last note, one thing you could provide to help your case are additional statements showing that you are able to trade with this level of profitability at other times and not just during that short window on May 16th, 2012. A set of trades like you had on 5/16 screams "glitch" but if you can have similar success at other times, then you certainly have a case. If you are unable to trade like while the trades are filled at the current market prices, then we both know you were taking advantage of a technical glitch and you couldn't have expected to keep the profit. Maybe it's as simple as that?

Scott

QUOTE=ForexVerified " if I was FX Open, I probably would not have done much different. When you have an unresolvable issue like this where you've done as much as you can but the client still isn't happy, what can you do except say "take it to the authorities if you really want to." ? Rather than adjusting the orders and making Kovacs pay the $1800 in losses, they just voided the trades. From what I can tell, they didn't start the negotiation saying that - they started it by researching what happened and providing a detailed explanation of what happened. I may have missed some emails though?

Sometimes, some customers are just impossible to satisfy..."""

I understand where you're coming from. It probably took them time to notice the huge profit, pull the logs and have the techs analyze them. I would have been frustrated if it took that long to get an explanation too. I agree a copy of their server logs for all 60 trades would have been appropriate. They probably assumed an explanation of one of the trades would be sufficient since the same situation happened in all of them.

I've provided my $.02 (and much more) so I'll be quiet now. On a last note, one thing you could provide to help your case are additional statements showing that you are able to trade with this level of profitability at other times and not just during that short window on May 16th, 2012. A set of trades like you had on 5/16 screams "glitch" but if you can have similar success at other times, then you certainly have a case. If you are unable to trade like while the trades are filled at the current market prices, then we both know you were taking advantage of a technical glitch and you couldn't have expected to keep the profit. Maybe it's as simple as that?

Scott

@ForexVerified,

It's not my case but Novacs Norbert one. But I couldn't swallow your offbase comments.

What's this: "if I was FX Open, I probably would not have done much different"

Really! if you have same **** VALUES like FXOpen, you could had done the same.
------------------
or this: 'When you have an unresolvable issue like this where you've done as much as you can but the client still isn't happy"

What much done are you talking about!! The broker took its time to comeout with some fabricated story by showing different prices than it was at that time and thrown it to Kovacs.
I do not care if the prices were like that or not, what the trader saw & clicked is what is Real.
Did not announce it will sue their LP but the opposite, came publicly to FPA to threaten Kovacs to sue him, that must be a joke!
Kovacs, do not care for their threat, they can bit your ***, no more than that. You must threat to sue them not the opposite.
You had already broke their profile.

How can a client be happy if his broker stole him, announce that there was an error from its LP but would not pay their client his money.
In a somehow respectful broker case, the broker could "AT WORST" told their client, as a solution, we'll consider the trades as if did not happen, your account stays as it was before the trades and error had happen at that day, implies the client do not loose any money even if his gain removed by the broker is a loss. But this is like a solution to finish this case with less damages.

In a Good Respectful Broker case, they will tell Kovacs or any client, it was our fault or our LP fault(no difference), we'll take the loss and charge our LP for it.

For example: One time I had 3 open trades with Take Profit and Stop Loss each. I saw the broker price for that pair reached my Stop Loss(3 orders closed at loss) but with other brokers the pair price never reached my Stop Loss price but way far from it.

Believe it, with no call or email or any contact by myself to my broker, the second day, I found the broker returned all the 3 closed orders to appear opened again with same price it was at and same TP and SL.
This is called a respectful broker.
What I meant from my True Actual Example is that the broker must itself know that the error is its own and fix it alone without all that noise & argument Fxopen had done.
-------------------------------

or this: "Sometimes, some customers are just impossible to satisfy..."

I'm very satisfied if I'm in Kovacs situation. I loss money for my broker fault and instead of they pay me, I must pay them!!!!!!
--------------------
or this Great comment: "one thing you could provide to help your case are additional statements showing that you are able to trade with this level of profitability at other times and not just during that short window on May 16th, 2012"

What thing What provide, to help What, are you kidding me???!!!! Kovacs gave all proofs necessary and it does not need all that at first.
The broker admitted had an error, full stop. It's the broker fault, pay the client his money.
It's non of the broker business if Kovacs trades at that volume or lots or profitability or whatever at this or that day.

I personally will tell them(if I would answer such a nonsense question), I got lucky at that day and broke you(broker) because you seemly trade against me. I GOT LUCKY. Full Stop
You are removing me from my cloth "ForexVerified", are you someone from Fxopen buddies anyway!!!
Some comments are unbearable, out of logic, defending who?? the broker?? for what?? their clear unmoral actions toward Kovacs.
You are one of them "whatever your name is" for sure!

Unbelievable how some people like to Picture the Victim as a Cheater and the Cheater becomes the Victim.
We are living in a world full of Cheaters and Scammers but BEWARE ForexPeaceArmy is not your place.

All Fxopen excuses have no meaning. 63 or 6.3 pips I do not care, it's your fault.
If the price was 1.2724 or whatever, not 1.2717, Kovacs might not had bought the pair at that price.
Fxopen can't predict client intentions(if he was following other brokers prices and saw the difference to trade on it) and they have no right for that at first.
Kovacs did not enter Fxopen-LP system and hacked it to get different or better prices.

Did anyone had a look at the Screenshot I took for Fxopen broker prices compared to other broker both live accounts and same 2 pip spread.

This is it again:
fxopenscam.png
Look How Nicely Fxopen MANIPULATE market prices.
Fxopen wrong prices are running all day hours. If for the EuroUsd they have difference of more than 3 pips in price than other brokers, how's it with other pairs??

I do not think that this case needs 6 pages to get Votes on at end.

Fxopen is Guilty No Doubt.

Last edited:
You are removing me from my cloth "ForexVerified", are you someone from Fxopen buddies anyway!!!
Some comments are unbearable, out of logic, defending who?? the broker?? for what?? their clear unmoral actions toward Kovacs.
You are one of them "whatever your name is" for sure!

My apologies for the misunderstanding. To clarify, no, I am not associated with FX Open in any way. I had an account with them years ago but not currently. Just as you felt no choice but to defend Kovacs, I saw the attacks against FX Open and felt I had no choice but to defend them because I think they are right in this case and no one else was standing up for them. It's in our human nature to defend against injustice and that's what both you and I are trying to do. :)

The broker took its time to comeout with some fabricated story by showing different prices than it was at that time and thrown it to Kovacs.
I do not care if the prices were like that or not, what the trader saw & clicked is what is Real.

That's the issue. According to FX Open and the logs they provided, the price that was seen on the chart is not the price that the order was filled it. The screenshots and logs provided by Kovacs don't "prove" this but certainly imply it. It was not "what the trader saw & clicked". This is why Kovacs can't repeat his great performance - the orders were filled at the wrong prices, which weren't displayed on the chart. I have seen this same glitch occur at another broker, and so has "along" (post#93768)

If the broker or the liquidity provider were financially responsible for all technical issues, the retail Forex market would go away very quickly. I think you will find that no technology company can afford to be financially liable for the result of technical glitches. If they were, we wouldn't have server farms or ISP's. Computer manufactures would shut down production. When issues like this occur, the vendor (in this case, FX Open) does what they can to satisfy the client, but they aren't going to give him $40,000...

Okay, I'm done now. I don't think this case is going to result in anyone being satisfied. The history of dozens of brokers scamming their clients has caused us, as traders, to assume a broker's guilt regardless of the situation. We've all seen or been hurt by manipulation or unfair policies that cause us losses and we hate it. PFG's recent fiasco doesn't help, it just adds fuel to the fire. Just because I think FX Open is right in this case doesn't mean I think they're always right, nor do I think every broker is honest. There's way too many scams in this market and we all need to be careful.

I apologize for the lengthy posts,

Scott

Back