GUILTY Case# 2012-078 | forexvictim vs www.globalventurefinancing.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that GlobalVentureFinancing.com is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 57 98.3%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
oh man this sounds weird to me -GVF brokers and Chris Woon they do not sound above board to me - What a bunch of phonies -they make me sick - thanks for informing us -trust that tens and tens of thousands and more read this and are warned to stay away from these operators or scam artists as they look to me - hopefully FPA gets them to the table and they redeem themselves - good luck.

oh man this sounds weird to me -GVF brokers and Chris Woon they do not sound above board to me - What a bunch of phonies -they make me sick - thanks for informing us -trust that tens and tens of thousands and more read this and are warned to stay away from these operators or scam artists as they look to me - hopefully FPA gets them to the table and they redeem themselves - good luck.

I also trust that all the thousands that read this thread ,DONT go giving their money to third parties(Chris Woon) for trading accounts. Even if it sounds easier.
regards
bobc

I am curious... you state you sent your deposit to the "personal" account of Chris Woon? Did this not raise a red flag to you?

Now I'm not getting down on you here but rather trying to make a point for other traders (and yourself for future accounts). Do your homework BEFORE sending any money to anyone.

It seems in this case there was enough information (or lack of information, i.e. GVF not being listed with local regulators) to create reasonable doubt as to their legitimacy.

That said, you appear to have been scammed and I support you in your efforts for justice.

Readers PLEASE... Check any new broker, system, or service against the FPA database and local regulators BEFORE sending money! Much better to miss a trade or two up front than to miss your hard earned money later...

It looks like GVF has a lot of so-called IBs collecting money for them.

Here's a simple piece of advice. If you open an account with a broker, ONLY sent your money directly to the broker. There have been too many issues reported at the FPA of brokers and "local deposit" IBs accusing each other of stealing client funds.

Yes, that jumped out at me right away too - "personal" account? You knew at the time it was his personal account? You did not think that was odd? I am just curious about this, but I do feel that they did scam you.

Also, I checked out their website and I need a login and password, was it always like this? Another thing I am curious about is you said that you traded for yourself AFTER you deposited money in Chris Woon's account, then could not get your money. How does that work?

From the other, longer thread on GVH, I think the IBs operated as "local depositors" and supposedly placed the money into forex trading accounts. For reasons never made entirely clear by the "broker", about 1/3 of the money was locked down so that it couldn't be withdrawn, not that getting the other 2/3rds back was an easy task.

Back