GUILTY Case# 2012-078 | forexvictim vs www.globalventurefinancing.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that GlobalVentureFinancing.com is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 57 98.3%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

forexvictim

Private
Original FPA Traders Court Submission:

I am submitting the case against: www.globalventurefinancing.com

My Case is: In May 2012, I was approached by Chris Woon ( master IB). He introduced to me GVF broker and said they are representing them in Malaysia. He told me the advantage of joining them is that i dont need to bank wire to broker as it is located oversea. Thus, I transferred my fund to Chris Woon's personal account. After that, I traded myself until last month where I tried to withdraw my money and I realised I could not withdraw my money as GVF ceased replying me. Thus, I went to approach my master IB, Chris Woon. He told me that GVF account has been frozen and thus I will not be able to withdraw my money. It sounds fishy to me as when I got back and did some research on GVF. I realised the a warning has been released since April 2012 on them. Thus, I believe that this Master IB took my money for himself and cheated me by making me think that I am still trading with GVF broker. Hereby, I seek help from the community to obtain back my fund which I used for GVF

New thread in the Scam Alerts Folder:

Review is submitted by Jasper Ng on 09/19/12

The company was first contacted about the issue on 08/27/12 the last contact was on 09/17/12

Details: The only reply i received was on 08/27/12, the same day i sent my first withdrawal request

"Dear client,

Withdrawal of funds can only be conducted if there is no open position in the Client's trading account. Kindly close all your open positions and resubmit the form should you wish to proceed with the withdrawal request.

For any inquiries, please do not hesitate contact us at accounts@globalventurefinancing.com

Warm regards,

Global Venture Financing Accounts Team"

After I amended the error and resubmitted, I receive no response from them ever since.

Company representatives' emails: GVF Account department <accounts@globalventurefinancing.com>

Attachments

• GVF report 7368.htm
    69.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Adv_GVF MT4.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Withdrawal_attempt.png
    643.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Could you please start a new thread in Scam Alerts specifically for your issue with GVF?

Go ahead and report both GVF and your IB to the police and Bank Negara. Once that's done, I think the FPA needs to invite GVF to address the issue.

You'll never know if the police will accept it until you ask. See if you can find someone at an information desk at the police station and explain that it's financial fraud that you want to report. It may take a couple of tries, but somewhere there's probably a cop who wants to show off his ability to hunt down this type of crime.

For editing the entry, use "Contact Us" and explain what needs to be changed. One of the moderators can then make the changes.

BNM

I received reply from Bank Negara. However their reply doesnt seem constructive at all. It's sounds like they are not giving any concern on this since it is out of their purview.

Sir,

We thank you for the e-mail.

We wish to inform you that Global Venture Financing as mentioned in your e-mail is not under the purview of Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM). The company is not licensed nor approved by BNM to offer any financial services or products to public as per informed in our website at BNM Financial Consumer Alert. An easy way to identify and verify whether or not a company is licensed by BNM, you can refer to the licensed institutions list on our website by following this URL BNM Related Links

You may also cross check with Securities Commission's (SC) licensed/alert lists on their website :
1. http://www.sc.com.my/eng/html/licensing/licenseMain.html
2. Enforcement
3. Enforcement

If you have further information on the company, you can send details of such information together with the documents to us as follows:

Director
LINK & Regional Office Department
Bank Negara Malaysia
Jalan Dato' Onn
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Fax: 03-21741515
E-mail: bnmtelelink@bnm.gov.my

Thank you.

For more information on financial fraud alert, please visit
BNM Notices & Announcements and Financial Fraud Alert Website of Bank Negara Malaysia

For more information on banking, insurance & takaful, please visit
bankinginfo & insuranceinfo

Any advice ?...

Is there any ways FPA can contact GVF representative to here and discuss the matters?

I tried to contact the number provided by them at wtheir website but to no avail.

Can someone assist me on this?
contactus.png

Furthermore, I tried contacting authority at Isle of Man on the latest new about GVf. However they have not reply me.

This is the contact email from website. Anyone know any method i can contact them?
fsc@gov.im

Some regulators are quicker to reply than others. Try them again every 3 or 4 days.

Back