GUILTY Case# 2013-095 | yulitacs vs www.optimarkets.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that OptiMarkets.com is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 36 100.0%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Guys, I kind of bumped into this thread while I was doing my research. I'm a career trader and do this for a living. I gave these guys a chance and they were happy to take my money,but also paid me promptly when I cashed out (NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL). Mind, you I don't usually take any form of incentive, so I hope you read the fine print because there's no such thing as a free lunch in this world. DW :)

AsstModerator Note: You failed to mention that you are posting from the same location in Israel as Limor from OptiProfits used to post. Limor was the forums representative for OptiMarkets and XPmarkets. Both of your accounts have been banned and the details have been reported to StopForumSpam.com

There was also a review left for XPMarkets from the same location. That review claimed to be from a client in the UK who had a delay on a withdrawal get fixed.

The FPA does not appreciate review spammers.

The FPA does not appreciate forums spammers.

Hi Guys, I kind of bumped into this thread while I was doing my research. I'm a career trader and do this for a living. I gave these guys a chance and they were happy to take my money,but also paid me promptly when I cashed out (NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL). Mind, you I don't usually take any form of incentive, so I hope you read the fine print because there's no such thing as a free lunch in this world. DW :)

Im glad they paid you, but now we are 4 victims of these Company in this forum and they are Scam for sure. I did not take any incentive from them or any kind of bonus, and so far all they have been doing is avoiding us and refusing to pay our funds and profits.

Really sorry to hear about this, which looks more like blatant theft than anything to do with trading. I notice that they're registered in the British Virgin Islands and found this site: Money Matters BVI > Protecting Your Money > Avoiding Fraud

which recommends this:

If you run into a scam, please report it to the British Virgin Islands Financial Investigation Agency, which is responsible for handling financial offenses in the BVI. The BVI FIA has more information on how to keep your money safe. View the FIA’sBeware of Scams flyer.

I also ran into this comment on a review:

David van Dyke

This company is a fraud. I have been fighting to get my deposit sent back to my bank. They have no address, no phone #, and only respond late by email. they want so much info from me to refund my MONEY to my bank THAT THEY COULD STEAL ALL THE MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT.
They want front and back of my card, which gives them the secret code, my utilties bills., a photo Id just to send my money to my bank. Even my bank, Wells Fargo, agrees this is dangerous and sounds very suspicious.

And if I were as mad as you probably are, I would consider googling optimarkets and lerwick capital, where you'll find a list of websites where you can post your own warning messages about this company so that all their advertising becomes worthless to anyone who reads the comments on their obviously placed reviews.

I may be wrong, but this doesn't look like a "real" company. Just a method of extracting cash and credit card details from unsuspecting victims. Did you deposit by credit card or bank transfer? If the former, maybe you have some recourse with your card company to reclaim the money through them.

Good luck with this, although I'd try to imagine that you actually spent the $4K on a nice holiday to the BVI, where you had a wonderful time helping to close down a scam company and keep the beaches safe from sharks like this...

Q

Hi qbitz1!!!

I filed a complaint with the VBI FIA and I got an email from Gary J. Wilson a Deputy Director - Enforcement and Legal & Enforcement Division. He told me that they are going to start an investigation against Optimarkets. They asked me for all kind of information and I sent them everything I had.

Hi qbitz1!!!

I filed a complaint with the VBI FIA and I got an email from Gary J. Wilson a Deputy Director - Enforcement and Legal & Enforcement Division. He told me that they are going to start an investigation against Optimarkets. They asked me for all kind of information and I sent them everything I had.

Fantastic! I hope this yields some results :)

Glad to have helped.

Q

AsstModerator Note: You failed to mention that you are posting from the same location in Israel as Limor from OptiProfits used to post. Limor was the forums representative for OptiMarkets and XPmarkets. Both of your accounts have been banned and the details have been reported to StopForumSpam.com

There was also a review left for XPMarkets from the same location. That review claimed to be from a client in the UK who had a delay on a withdrawal get fixed.

The FPA does not appreciate review spammers.

The FPA does not appreciate forums spammers.

I'm glad They are banned, and that Limor will be in trouble soon!!

The case became public when it moved to the Open Cases folder. What happens sometime in the next few hours is that AsstModerator adds a poll and sends a mailing out to invite people to vote.

This is an extreme serious case. I hope the regulators and authorities assist in nailing this broker and most especially get the clients funds back.

Back