GUILTY Case# 2014-027 | mohamedhassan vs staraccount.com/

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that StarAccount is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 30 96.8%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mohamedhassan

Recruit
Original FPA Traders Court Submission:

I am submitting the case against: www.staraccount.com

My Case is: Since 11-Nov-2013 Star Capital Finance http://www.staraccount.com/ has been unable to process any transfers citing with license updates.
I have request a transfer on 27-Dec-2013 and to date they have failed to process this transfer. An Email to their customer care didn’t help providing an estimate time and a one hour phone call didn’t produce any better results.
They still maintain that they are trying to resolve a technical problem which is preventing them from processing any transfers.

https://www.facebook.com/starcapitalonline

Click on the above link to read some of their customer reviews regarding the same issue.

New thread in the Scam Alerts Folder:

Review is submitted by mohamedhassan on 01/15/14

The company was first contacted about the issue on 01/06/14 the last contact was on 01/15/14

Details: Dear Mr.Mohamed Hassan,

We would like to kindly notify you that recently we have been experiencing delays in the transfers process that had reached 20 working days in some cases due to technical and capacity related issues.

We are currently putting new payment system in place and migrating to two new banks to better cater to the growing number of transactions per day.

Once the process is complete all transfers will be back to normal (2 to 5 working days).

We apologize for the inconvenience this problem has caused and reconfirm our commitment to provide you with a world class service and the best banking experience.

Note that any further information will be published on our website once the process is fully completed.

Best Regards,
Star Capital Team

Company representatives' emails: feeback <feedback@starcapitalonline.com>
support <support@starcapitalonline.com>
complaints <complaints@starcapitalonline.com>
admin <admin@starcapitalonline.com>

Attachments

• Star Account Statement.pdf
    439.8 KB · Views: 8
This company has made me wonder since someone first asked about them.

Yo AsstMod! I know that other broker has you very busy. Can you please try to get a case number assigned and a formal invitation out soon?

They claim to have some sort of NZ regulation. Mohammad Hassan should probably have a chat with those regulators to see if they can help or not.

If Star Account's excuse is real, why didn't they bother to accept the invitation AsstMod sent?

Anjouan Offshore Finance Authority

Star Account is a Managed Investment Account, jointly managed by a group of companies, with an exceptional performance varying from 5.11% to 7.23% per month according to our performance from the last 12 months with a unique risk management system (3% maximum loss) and a 97% capital guarantee certificate from client's end balance issued by Star Bank.
Star Account is created by Star Bank "Forex Online Bank" Anjouan Offshore Finance Authority license number L99421/SB. Star Account payment operations by Star Capital Finance, NZ, companies office register number 3159625. Star Account is managed by Hany Lotfy.

Informations above is taken from their websites Star Capital Finance LTD. - About us .

Its Showing "Star Account is created by Star Bank "Forex Online Bank" Anjouan Offshore Finance Authority license number L99421/SB."
Whats is that regulator "Anjouan Offshore Finance Authority" .. ? Like Belize Regulator .. ?

This is Anjouan Offshore Finance Authority website Anjouan Corporate Services Limited.

Here's a quote from the Wikipedia article about Anjouan:

"In January 2014, ICANN closed the fake official website Anjouangov.com which sold fake banking licenses in the name of Anjouan.

Accordingly Central Bank of the Comoros is sole authority to issue banking licenses and the regulation of banks on any island in the Union. The United States Department of State and the Union government officials in Grande-Comore informed Anjouan no longer issue banking licenses to offshore entities since 2003, that current legal licensing authority rests with Union authorities, and the Anjouan counterparts are under Union control which undermines completely the 2002 treaty.
"

Intriguingly, anjouancorporateservices.com cites the now closed anjoangov.com here:

Anjouan Corporate Services Limited

Which among other things says:

"Notice:

Please be aware that there are many Internet sites offering Anjouan Licenses and other Anjouan services and claiming to be authorised by the Anjouan Government, you should check the validity by checking on the Government web site where many of these unauthorised companies are listed Legislation and Legal or simply email info@anjouangov.com"

So, what we have is a company with what looks like a fake license issued by a site that backs up it's legitimacy with links to a closed fake site.

I have never heard of this place, Anjouan. So even if anyone has Anjouan's license I won't even deal with him

Please be aware that there are many Internet sites offering Anjouan Licenses and other Anjouan services and claiming to be authorised by the Anjouan Government, you should check the validity by checking on the Government web site where many of these unauthorised companies are listed Legislation and Legal or simply email info@anjouangov.com".

Tipped me over the edge. Guilty.

And, possibly stupid too...

Back