GUILTY Case# 2014-146 | Amin EL-HAKIM vs bdfx.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that BDFX.com is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amin EL-HAKIM

Master Sergeant
Original FPA Traders Court Submission:

I am submitting the case against: https://www.bdfx.com/

My Case is: This broker was questionable since day one, and here comes the answer, unless proven otherwise. So I opened an account
with this broker and posed a few questions before booming the account. The following are the questions and answers and
a copy of the email is available in attachments.

To cut the story short, I deposited and started trading to find the execution and spreads amazing. Floating spreads but
very nice. Many trades were around volatility, enduring by that the widened spreads and their execution is a market execution hence the slippage . Everyone knows that when you're trading with a market execution, you order will be filled or filled, and you are under the mercy of the market/broker/LP regarding the filling price. Moreover, the slippage was minimum 70% of the time. I believe my average slippage was around 8 pips. I traded many strategies including after news, technical trades, and using the famous EA KeltnerPro (KeltnerPro doesn't need my advertising as it's being tested right here on the FPA).
So the account grew and as many of you already know, there were substantial market movement especially on the Euro and Cable where a 10 lots trade bagged 160 pips in 2 days producing 16k of profit. Anyway, the account jumped over 50k and I noticed that the leverage was overwhelming (I wasn't using it anyway), so I contacted the in good faith asking them if they were comfortable that my account had such leverage. In a couple of hours, they answered (attached).

Conclusion: It seems that BDFX considers too much profit account abuse. And their latest reply was offensive and threatening.

New thread in the Scam Alerts Folder:

Review is submitted by Amin El Hakim on 09/15/14

The company was first contacted about the issue on 09/08/14 the last contact was on 09/15/14

Details: Hello Amin:

Thank you for contacting us with respect to your concern. Please be notified that we have concluded our investigation and have identified your fraudulent misuse of our trading platform as well as your intentional abuse of a software glitch which monitors your account margin. You purposefully identified the platform's allowance to place your account into substantial NEGATIVE margin and equity, thereby executing trades far beyond your available funds within the true market.

As a result of these fraudulent trading activities, and pursuant to the Terms & Conditions of your Trading Agreement, your account has been permanently disabled. You will no longer be welcome to trade with BDFX. From a regulatory standpoint, your purposeful attempts to defraud funds from the financial markets through use of our software application constitutes an actionable financial crime. This will be discussed in further detail below.

Furthermore, your original deposit of $500 will be returned to you. You'll wish to provide the appropriate banking details for receipt of your $500 in funds. On that note, we have outlined below a brief excerpt of the abusive trading activity which you have purposefully executed on our platform:

* You originally deposited $500.
* You immediately executed 1.79 lots on NZDUSD via Ticket #s 224593 & 224595 thereby utilizing $447.50 in margin and leaving your account with no available equity (and eventually negative equity).
* On August 8th with your fraudulently earned $1,451.16 account balance you executed 17.67 lots via Ticket #224769 through Ticket #224918, thereby utilizing $4,417.50 in margin leaving your account with -$3,000 in negative funds at execution of trades and allowing the account to fall into further negative margin call for the duration of open positions.

You went on to abuse this in a fraudulent manner for the entirety of your trading through BDFX. The entirety of the profits attained in your trading account were derived from these fraudulent means utilizing funds in the market which were not actually available to you and have actually caused our firm to suffer financial loss in the real market.

Because your trading records indicate willful intent to defraud, and have caused our firm financial damages as a result thereof, this is considered a financial crime and reportable to your local law enforcement in Lebanon as well as both regional and international regulatory authorities. Any further correspondence from you of a threatening nature will result in immediate reporting of the fraud you've committed.

Further to that point, any defamatory public comments will result in our seeking legal recourse against yourself for defamation and libel in addition to pursuing fraud charges as a result of the monetary damages you've caused our firm.

Regards,

Frederick Oppenheimer
Legal Director
BankDirectFX

Company representatives' emails: <accounts@bdfx.com>

Attachments

• BDFX statement.htm
    59.1 KB · Views: 4
Attached all related info.

Attachments

• 100_CreditBonus_Terms.pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 11
  • BDFX_RiskDisclosure.pdf
    22.8 KB · Views: 5
  • BDFX_TermsofUse.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Gmail - Info.pdf
    280.3 KB · Views: 12
Just to cover all the bases, do you have anything showing the balance and equity curve?

Just to cover all the bases, do you have anything showing the balance and equity curve?

Dear Pharaoh,

The statement is attached as a zip file. Attached also is a screenshot about account details showing 400:1 leverage and showing the stop-out level. Here's a link also showing detailed analysis of the account to save time for anyone who wants to analyze the account history, and it shows the risk taken and the drawdowns which proves they are lying in their last reply. Analysis

Attachments

• Statement.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 20
  • bdfx.JPG
    bdfx.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
AsstMod is getting ready to head off to an FPA meeting. Hopefully, he can get the formal invitation to BDFX out this week. If not, he should be able to do it next week.

AsstMod is getting ready to head off to an FPA meeting. Hopefully, he can get the formal invitation to BDFX out this week. If not, he should be able to do it next week.

Good to hear. Many thanks for yours and AssMod's efforts. You guys have been a great support.

A good friend of mine (I don't have the liberty to identify him unless he chooses so), contacted BDFX in an effort to resolve the situation. They answered trying to intimidate him and their answer regarding my case was the same mentioned in the email transcript above. Since they failed to provide an account audit, I did it for them and sent them the following email:

Dear BDFX

I'm contacting you again in good faith since you are still claiming that I abused your system by sending my account in negative margin or balance or whatever you are calling it. That was never the case, and since you failed to do a professional audit, I did it for you. This is just to prove that you were wrong in your calculation. Attached is a trade by trade analysis showing what was mentioned above. I will post this analysis right away in public. It's attached.
Although I'm almost sure that was never the case, but the case is you are not connected to a real LP and you are a market maker. But I'd like to give you a chance to solve this matter. I never breached any of your terms and conditions, which I have downloaded from your website and posted in public. On the other hand, BDFX has breached the terms and conditions which we both have agreed on, referring to the clauses you have breached:

In your TERMS OF USE

Clause 1. With the BankDirectFX Trading Service, the client performs currency trades through BDFX Global Markets Ltd. using the balance of their own client account; the trading activities of the client are therefore executed against a collateral security. The balance of the secured client account consists of the client's provided capital and the current floating profit or loss of the client's outstanding market positions. With the BankDirectFX Trading Service, the client can open a position in which the size of the realised trade exceeds their current client account balance, causing the client to avail of a so-called "leverage" facility which allows a large profit or loss in relation to the opened position to be bound to collateral. BDFX Global Markets Ltd. is the counterparty of clients' Forex transactions. The available collateral of the BankDirectFX Trading Service's client changes thus, if the open position develops positively in regard to the client, their available collateral increases. Similarly, if the opened position develops negatively in regard to the client, their available collateral decreases and there is the risk of losing the whole collateral. If the value of the available collateral of the client falls below the collateral requirements of their open positions, or the then-current valid minimum collateral requirements, all of their open positions are automatically closed at the current market price.

Clause 8. All the complaints regarding to BankDirectFX’s service have to be made in reasonable time after the situation has occurred. Complaints concerning realized trading prices have to be made in 24 hours after the trade has realized due the accurate pricing data is available only limited period of time. Complaint has to be in a written form and it has to be delivered by e-mail to accounts@bdfx.com.
Since the access to accurate data is limited, how did you claim that I abused your system?

In BDFX Risk Disclosure

Clause 7. One Click Trading and Immediate Execution
BankDirectFX's automated order enter system provides immediate transmission of Client's order once Client enters the notional amount and clicks "Buy/Sell". There is no "second look" before transmission, and Market Orders cannot be cancelled. This feature may be different from other trading systems. Client should utilize the Demo Trading System to become familiar with the process before trading online. In case the Client has not received the result of the execution of the previously sent Instruction but decides to repeat the Instruction, the Client shall accept the risk of making two Transactions instead of one.

Clause 8. Live trading
When trading Live, all orders are sent to markets and they will be realized at the best price available. This feature differs from Demo Trading when orders are realized at the price that is defined by Client.

Clause 12. Prices, Margin and Valuations are set by BankDirectFX and may be different from prices reported elsewhere BankDirectFX will provide prices to be used in trading, valuation of Client positions and determination of Margin requirements. Prices from BankDirectFX are independent of prices of other institutions and businesses. Although BankDirectFX expects that these prices will be reasonably related to prices available in the interbank market, prices reported by BankDirectFX may vary.

P.S: The attached analysis was made based on market data provided by BDFX platform and charting.

Best Regards

Amin

Analysis file attached.View attachment BDFX.pdf

Since I'm allowed 5 attachments per post, and I don't want to add 6 posts and flooding the thread, I've attached 1 zip file containing 30 chart screenshots of all the trades done in the account for anyone who would like to check.

Attachments

• bdfx trades.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
I invited BDFX to discuss this case. They didn't. Now I'm moving it to the Open Cases folder.

Back