GUILTY Case# 2015-197 | jeff_calgary vs Belforfx.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that BelforFx.com is Guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 68 100.0%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeff_calgary

Private, 1st Class
Original FPA Traders Court Submission:

I am submitting the case against: www.Belforfx.com

My Case is: I funded my account and took some losses, then requested a withdrawal, and have tried to contact the support person that contacted me telling me I had a balance, plus contacting support, but have received no response. I want to report this broker as a scam. See below the email I have from the support person stating that I DO in fact have a balance. Once found out I am not willing to trade it to $0, or add more money, they have not contacted me again:

Steven Hoffman <steven.hoffman@belforfx.com> Oct 1 at 5:43 PM
To
jeff*********@yahoo.com
Message body
You still have $1,671.72 usd . Why did you stop trading?

Steven-Hoffman

De: jeff*********@yahoo.com [mailto:jeff*********@yahoo.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 01 de octubre de 2015 05:35 p.m.
Para: Steven Hoffman
Asunto: Re: trading account

How much do I still have in my account?

Thanks for contacting me!

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
To: <jeff*********@yahoo.com>
Subject: trading account
Date: Thu, Oct 1, 2015 2:56 PM

Hi Jeff,

This is Steven from BelforFX, I tried to call you but I got no answer. I wanted to help you fund your account so you can start trading again. I also wanted to inform you about the possibility of having a maximum leverage of 1:400 and a 150% tradable bonus .

I would really appreciate if you can let me know if you are still interested to trade with your BelforFX account.

New thread in the Scam Alerts Folder:

Review is submitted by jeff_calgary on 10/29/15

The company was first contacted about the issue on 10/01/15 the last contact was on 11/10/15

Details: Steven Hoffman <steven.hoffman@belforfx.com> Oct 1 at 5:43 PM
To
jeff*********@yahoo.com
Message body
You still have $1,671.72 usd . Why did you stop trading?

Steven-Hoffman

De: jeff*********@yahoo.com [mailto:jeff*********@yahoo.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 01 de octubre de 2015 05:35 p.m.
Para: Steven Hoffman
Asunto: Re: trading account

How much do I still have in my account?

Thanks for contacting me!

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
To: <jeff*********@yahoo.com>
Subject: trading account
Date: Thu, Oct 1, 2015 2:56 PM

Hi Jeff,

This is Steven from BelforFX, I tried to call you but I got no answer. I wanted to help you fund your account so you can start trading again. I also wanted to inform you about the possibility of having a maximum leverage of 1:400 and a 150% tradable bonus .

I would really appreciate if you can let me know if you are still interested to trade with your BelforFX account.

Company representatives' emails: Steven Hoffman <steven.hoffman@belforfx.com>
support <clientservices@belforfx.com>

Attachments

• belforfx.png
    244.5 KB · Views: 2
There is another case where a client also reports no contact from Belfor Fx. I've just formally invited them to your thread in Scam Alerts.

Please post an update sometime on Wednesday to let me know if you've heard from them or not.

Transfer to REMOVED

Moderation Team Note: Naming another broker here would permanently tie that broker's name to this complaint.

It's not looking good for BelforFX ... I don't know the nuances to the account nor to the supposed other offices listed at belforfx.com but, I have researched their NZ location and company. The address listed does not match that on the New Zealand company registration database (the latest is Level 27, 188 Quay Street, Auckland). Further, Belfor Capital Limited (trading as BelforFX, renamed to WGM Group Limited) has been DEREGISTERED as a Financial Service Provider (FSP) in NZ. The "new" company, WGM Group Limited, is not listed as a FSP but, Verette Baptiste has registered as an individual FSP under the trading name "WGM Group Limited" but, is, apparently, not providing any financial services to retail clients. By removing the link to retail clients, they avoid having to also register with a Dispute Resolution Provider (DSP) [which is compulsory in NZ for those dealing with retail clients], thus avoiding the only method available to retail clients by which shady brokers can be held accountable. The recency of the majority of these changes smells rancid to me, with most occurring in October 2015.

20150715 Belfor Capital Limited (Deregistered).png 20150920 Baptiste, Verette - WGM Group Limited.png 20151009 WGM Group Limited - Previously Belfor Capital Limited.png

no envía mayores detalles de su cuenta, no dice cuanto perdió ni cuanto le quedó en la cuenta para poder retirar.

Back