GUILTY Case# 2017-106 | maduet vs mciinvestments.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that MciInvestments.com is Guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 87 100.0%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am not sure that I understand the whole case. Did you actually give them any of your own money?
No neric, I never gave them any money. But they were waiting for me to agree to buy this 10k loan from them, in which case I would of course have had to pay 10k to them. And keep the profits of course. Profits, of which I am sure were none, because this is all a giant simulation. To this very day I haven't received any proof from them, as to the verity of this loan or the trading account !

Normally, a Traders Court case requires a victim. In this instance, what was proposed to Maduet was obviously a scam. I asked him to play along, gather evidence, and file a case.

Yes, normally there should be a victim and I didn't lose a single cent. But in this case what's more important is that people be warned, because this is a very clever and sophisticated scam ! Without the FPA's warnings, I would have fallen for it - as I did in the beginning, because it all sounded so convincing and professional. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they hadn't already made a fortune at the expense of other former victims !

Props to maduet and asstmod for the good work trying to get these ppl. May I ask something; pointing this out on the case? As a few people are a bit confused about what is going on here. About the part that you were offered this loan but didn't pay for it yet.

Props to maduet and asstmod for the good work trying to get these ppl. May I ask something; pointing this out on the case? As a few people are a bit confused about what is going on here. About the part that you were offered this loan but didn't pay for it yet.
That's a good question LOSTCTRL ! This is how MCIInvestments get you. In the beginning you are under no obligation whatsoever. They tell you that they themselves are scammed victims and that they're here to see scammers land in jail. They say it costs them (nearly) nothing to take out a loan with a bank, place trades with this loan, and then hand this account over to you, if you want it. You choose the size of the loan: 10k, 20k, 50k etc. It all appears very genuine and of course tempting, because they make good profits with this "borrowed money". In my case they made over 13%, just within a few days. I could log into "my" account at any time and watch the progress.
Then after about a week they phone again and ask you whether you like the look of things and whether you'd like them to continue. No obligation, no strings attached. (A couple of years ago I would have jumped at the offer, but as a burned child I now I want to see proof...)
By paying them the 10k, the account would then officially be mine and I could withdraw everything if I wanted to, including the profits. Or let them continue trading for me. Sounds great, except that they cannot prove at all that this isn't a simulated account, nor that there was ever such a loan. You don't even know where they are, except for the voice over the phone.
And as expected, they have now grown very silent... (Ever since I wanted to see the loan confirmation from the bank).

Back