GUILTY Case# 2018-149 | athula vs prestige.fm

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that Prestige.fm is Guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 76 100.0%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[QUOTE="David Aston tried and forced me to deposit at leat EUR:5000 he was forced me to go for loan or borrow"[/QUOTE]

"Only the dirtiest of all dirtbags will stoop to poop out the tactic of bullying you into 'borrow money' in order to invest in their gangrenous bullcrap" ... - anonymous

when a client requests a refund, it should not take 1 day never mind all of this to get their money. They are just blowing this person off ....

Never borrow money to trade with. Anyone suggesting borrowing money for trading has only one purpose - to take your money away from you.

Oh, and GUILTY!!!

Athula, this scam has been going on now for over 10 years and there must be hundreds of these fraudulent websites. Sorry to say but you have been scammed along with many thousands of others in this 'make easy money' fraud. You deposit money in good faith and believe the promises given by your account manager that you will make a lot of money. Unfortunately it never happens. The profits appear in your trading account (on paper only) but do not exist in reality. When you trade you are not trading against the market, you are trading against the brokers own computer, which is configured to ensure you can win or loose as your manager pleases. When he wants to convince you to deposit more money he will arrange for winning trades - and hopefully get more funds from you. When you persistently ask for a withdrawal of your funds he will organise loosing trades so the account balance drops to near zero and there is no money left to withdraw!
When you complain, they will appoint you to a special 'Recovery' manager who will help you regain your losses. However you must first deposit more funds and sign a declaration form - which will take away all your rights and force you to trade 50 times your deposit before you can apply for a withdrawal. These new funds are also lost by the recovery manager! You cant win!
The whole website is a fraud designed to take money from you, it has nothing to do with real trading. Your account balance is just a number in their computer - the real money, your money, was taken by these scammers as soon as you made the deposit. Sadly people are still falling into this scam and believe the promises of big wins and a life of wealth. It never happens and tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars have been lost by people like you and me.
Your only hope of recovering any money is by making a chargeback to your credit card through your bank stating the goods that were promised were not received. These would be the promises of your account manager of wining trades and also the ability to withdraw your funds any time, both of which were untrue. You therefore deposited money in good faith, but were lied to so they could get your money from you.
Sign nothing from them and report this scam to your national fraud office and get a reference number. Quote this number when making your chargeback claim to your bank. It's going to be a long process but you must be persistent and don't take no for an answer from the bank. Visa are well aware that this fraud is happening and they also know most of the operators, so if they decline your chargeback request they could be seen as complicit in the scam themselves. I hope you have some success, good luck.
Oh yes and my vote is GUILTY!!

Your only hope of recovering any money is by making a chargeback to your credit card through your bank stating the goods that were promised were not received. These would be the promises of your account manager of wining trades and also the ability to withdraw your funds any time, both of which were untrue. You therefore deposited money in good faith, but were lied to so they could get your money from you.
Sign nothing from them and report this scam to your national fraud office and get a reference number. Quote this number when making your chargeback claim to your bank. It's going to be a long process but you must be persistent and don't take no for an answer from the bank. Visa are well aware that this fraud is happening and they also know most of the operators, so if they decline your chargeback request they could be seen as complicit in the scam themselves. I hope you have some success, good luck.
Oh yes and my vote is GUILTY!!

Hi all.
Whilst aware of this case having been closed, I feel I have to make a couple of comments.
After reading the details the first time (before it closed; although I never got around to voting due to some unforeseen circumstances) I straight away knew that Athula stood no chance at all with it! Why? Well, he's in the same country in which I operated a bank account, from which I was scammed by Optionstars global (I have posted extensively about this on this site).There, the banks ARE LEAST bothered about chasing up on scammers if you chose to report to them! In fact they are more prone to be in the category of your comment that I have underlined above.
Which is why it increasingly baffles me why you and AsstModerator keep giving advise for people to do a charge back! Is there a place that they actually work?
I recall somebody claiming on this forum, how they had received their full refund and some. But after what I went through with the bank, I remained very skeptical of that claim! As you saw on one of Athula's statements, the bank straight off dismissed him when he approached them for help!
Again, I can't recall whether ti was you who advised us victims, to write to any authorities, publications and whoever else we imagined could listen, and put pressure on these scammers in effort to get our money back. Sadly, that too turns out to be an unlit street, with a possible dead end! Having attempted to engage a reputed scribe in Norway(the master scammer for my case was operating from there),completed the iC3, and directly engaging Reuters.This latter in efforts to establish what relationship there is with OSG, as their logo appears on it's website's home page. Not a word from all those, even as an acknowledgement! (However, I am now unable to establish whether the Reuters status still prevails, as the OS website appears to have disappeared after mid last month. Were they finally brought down, or is it that they have blocked me? Who knows?!). Or even having dived under, to reincarnate at some point in time!
So any which way, Athula was never going to obtain any recourse in the land he's residing. In fact, having an idea of what goes on there, i'd say he's in a pretty much precarious situation.

Is there a place that they actually work?

ChargeBack do work, quite some positive cases on FPA, here you have AnneW struggling with two different Banks, for some 8 months to recover her funds, as well a complicated country plus the worst gangsters !

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/banc-de-binary-mega-scam.43677/

UAE is long time Interpol member, don’t see why one could not file a complaint (unless they whip foreigners :eek:

https://www.interpol.int/News-and-media/News/2017/N2017-038

Back