• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Has anyone heard of Russ Horn? And his various forex courses ... ??

iggyboo

Private
Okay, so I've been in the forex arena for a few years now and while I freely admit I don't know everything or everyone, I've never heard of Russ Horn before. At all. Anywhere.

Supposedly he has this huge following on Facebook as well as different forex forums, etc., and now he's released his latest and greatest "Rapid Results Method" which seems to be a scalping method.

What really blows my mind though is that (A) his launch is right before Christmas of all things (as if money isn't already tight enough), and (B) he's asking a whopping grand for the course (which gets bumped up to $1300 if you take the 2 pay option). I can't help but be reminded of Dustin Pass and his various high dollar crappy courses (only one of which I got taken for thank goodness, learned my lesson there). There just doesn't seem to be much about this guy on the web, especially given that he's supposed to be so well known.

And it always blows my mind that if the trading system that's being sold is so wonderfully fantastically great, then why in the world are a ton of bonuses being offered in the form of additional trading systems? I mean, if the one that you're spending a thousand bucks on is so fantastic, why in the world do you need 6 additional trading systems on top of that one? That type of marketing ploy has never made sense to me ...

So for real, has anyone really and truly heard of this guy before and is he as wonderful as he's made himself out to be? Even a little bit ... ?? :confused:

Curious minds want to know ... ;)

...I've never heard of Russ Horn before. At all. Anywhere... ....So for real, has anyone really and truly heard of this guy before and is he as wonderful as he's made himself out to be? Even a little bit ... ?? :confused:

Curious minds want to know ... ;)

I don't have any "first hand" experience, but here's the closest to "first hand" that I found researching him:

Forex Rebellion | ForexRebellion.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army
Forex Master Method | ForexMasterMethod.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army

Search google for: donnaforex (forexrebellion OR rebellion OR forexmastermethod OR "Russ Horn")
It will give You a few pages.

If ordering I would read the "fine print" (the box for which You have to check the "agree" check box when ordering)

Basically the package needs to be received (I'm not sure now if received or sent - read it Yourself) by them within 60 days (I'm not sure if from date purchased or received - read it Yourself) complete and in "as new" condition to get a refund. Everything else seems to be "no questions asked".

I'd use registered mail or something that guarantees delivery by a certain date and provides proof of delivery. And I'd print out that proof once delivered.

Thanks for the info ... I did try a google search on "Russ Horn" but for some reason, it didn't turn up much of anything except a bunch of affiliate sites promoting his latest creation.

I did take a gander at donnaforex's forum and found some good reviews there ... I haven't been able to find out anything really all that bad about Russ or his systems so I will probably give this one a try since it does have a 60 day money back guarantee. I think it's worth a shot, you don't find very many forex traders promoting a system without a bunch of crap behind them so that in itself makes this one worth trying to me.

I'll try to keep this thread updated with my results ...

There should be a sticky thread on this one because this seems to be pure BS or at least marketing BS. Yes, I did purchase it even though I had never heard of Russ Horn even though the reviews said he had 2 previous successful systems. I am glad I did not wait to request a refund and was proactive about it. FIRST, I spent $1000 USD for this system and they could not even have it delivered next day or 2 day, but 3 to 7 days and possibly LATER if you are not in North America! BS! Then you have 60 days (starting from the day you ORDERED it, not when you received it!) to decide to return it. Then you have to deal with a stupid, so-called, forum, which is not really a forum website, but more like a blog site (with $750,000 you think they could have spent a few more dollars on this). And then, as someone else noticed too, they offer to give you 8 BONUS systems (WHY? Is this one not good enough?) but you only get one every week so by the time you have received the last one, you are past the refund date! SCAM! Also within a month Russ issued a new Revision of the system because the Trading during the Holiday season was causing too many losses! And WHY did he have to tell me so many times during his marketing video that he WASN'T interested in the marketing aspect but HAD to tell me how EACH bonus was "a $500 value" and I was getting it for Free??? BS, BS, BS!!! The basic idea of the trading system is not wrong but everything around it is just BS! And like most systems (as I have learned the hard way) the indicators HELP you trade but do NOT make the decisions for you, and until you understand that, you are throwing away good money. Glad I got my money back. Oh, yes, the Old Tree Publishing he uses is in South Africa (according to Skype) and he is in Canada! And after I sent 3 emails requesting a refund, I got no reply until I contacted Old Tree.

brainyforex tested one of Russ Horns systems and then results were not good

When Russ Horn was promoting his Rapid Results Method he gave away a free trading system which he said he uses quite a lot and it works really well. I thought this sounds good and had the strategy professionally coded into a EA Automated Trading System so that all the signals could be taken. I was very keen as his email marketing said he was one of the worlds best forex traders. Anyway, guess how the system performed? You guessed it - it flopped. Very disappointing after all the marketing hype and building Russ into one to the worlds best forex traders. This type of marketing crap really gets up my nose. I think these trader educators need to take control and tell their marketing / advertising / sales people to keep it real. I would like to see any proof that Russ is one of the best forex traders in the world. So far his free system has shown otherwise. The systems trading stats and more information can be seen on this link here russ horns free forex trading strategy was a loser using trailing stop
If you read this Russ, please provide some proof that you are one of the best forex traders in the world.
Regards
Fritz
Forex Trading Systems Solutions. Tell Us ... We Listen! Everything Forex
Join me in the crusade to blow the lid off scammers!

This is a copy of a post I made elsewhere.

I haven't seen this "new" system. So let me tell you about my experience with his $1000 system from 2 1/2 years ago.

The marketing is by OldTree Publishing. Mark McRae. Brilliant marketing. I am guessing that Old Tree gets at least 50%, probably more. They own scores of domain names that exist only to promo a product like this. So when you browse, all you see are these positive reviews. Your email box is hit multiple times. The "Buy Now" marketing. "Limited Supply" marketing. "Time is running out" marketing. And the marketing method works.

I paid for Russ Horn/Old Tree's previous system Forex Master Method. Wish I had asked for my money back. He gives 2 months for refunds. But his personality in his vids is quite sociable, and he was doing weekly webinars, and has an active forum, and so even though the basic system was very simple, and I could easily copy and return his CDs, (not that the CDs were necessary once you learned the simple system) -- I said "Ah to heck with it" his weekly webinars and forum are worth it. They really were not.

I suspect with this system, that's its the same: a forum for this product (and the next one in a couple of years), weekly webinars, some free indicators that are useless but part of the Old Tree "hook" (McCray if freakin' brilliant at marketing -- it was his marketing with the free indicators and the phony web site flooding, the steady email reminders of what a great system it was and how I had to hurry, that got me hooked.

And it really is a limited supply, because that keeps the forum manageable. Also the members in the forum are really reluctant to criticize and admit they were suckered. So there's a lot of kissing up and praising. It's a real cult atmosphere. After while people start saying what they think. Most just leave and never come back. Last time I checked Forex Master Method forum had just a handful of people there and they were raising hell about this NEW system and that they ought to get it free instead of 25% discount.

Russ Horn: I sort of imagined that you were a successful trader. But yet you chose to take large sums of money from newbies rather than take money from the institutions like a successful trader does. I'm really disappointed in you, as are all the Forex Master Method members who signed on with you 2 1/2 years ago.

I had never ever (and never will again) spend $1000 on a system. There's piles of free systems, and ultimately, as I have discovered, once you can read price action, then you can use pretty much any system as long as you can easily see the bars so that your price action decisions over-rule the indicators, which you come to realize cloud your thinking and are only reflective of the price behavior.

Bottom line? The forum and weekly webinars might be worth it to you. This system is probably better than Forex Master Method, which was basically divergence, but also had a 21 and 55 EMA system incorporated.

I think money is better spent learning Price Action.
The Al Brooks vids are cheap and recommended. There are also some on youtube.
Also on youtube for free are PATs. Search this: "youtube learn to trade with price action"

Thanks for all the input folks. I did give his Rapid Results Method a try but the key with this system seemed to be that although it had more winning trades than losing, in order to get those same stats, you would have to take every trade offered on a 24/5 basis to get those same figures ... and as we all know, that just ain't gonna happen. I always seemed to hit the losing trades at the times I was able to do my trading, and of course the trades I missed cuz I wasn't in front of my PC were the winners. His system did bring in the winning trades, you just had to be there right on top of things in order to get in on them as they could happen at any time.

And I was very impressed with S.A.R.A., his EA that was written specifically for his RRM method. That was one awesome robot. But you still had to be there to tell it 'yea' or 'nay' on whether to take the trade because it's a semi-automatic system, you still need to look at the charts to verify the setups (especially on the shorter timeframes).

I got a refund because the system just wasn't working out for me. They tried to offer me all kinds of extra bonuses and such to avoid doing the refund but I stuck to my guns and they did come through with my money and were polite about it.

All in all I'm glad I tried it but it simply wasn't worth $1000 to me to keep it ... I just wasn't making any money with it, plain and simple. :-(

I just stumbled upon Russ Horn through an email solicitation. The videos on his website (this one was for Forex Master Method) are indeed very slick and some are also informative. But better safe than sorry, so it was helpful to read the comments here. What struck me was that the website didn't give any trading results indicating how well his method works over a period of time on a live account.

On the site, you are invited to leave a comment (what is the one question you would ask Russ about trading Forex, if you had a one-hour one-on-one session with him) for a chance to get his method free. The comments are full of gratitude and one was actually sad, if true: the guy said he had already lost half a million dollars and hoped this was the real thing. Others felt they should be given the system because their lives were pitiful.

I didn't see any critical questions (although I admit I didn't go through all 2,776 of them), so I thought I would ask the following: In order to judge any proposed trading method and invest time and money in it, the most pressing question for me would be: "Are there any certified statements available that show live-trading results over a sizable period of time?" My comment has to be approved, so we'll see what happens.

Are there actually any trustworthy teachers/websites?

I have traded for eight years and I can tell you there are no retail teachers/websites that you can trust. Most will not show you their results from trading their method. They are only interested in making money from the course. Some wont even offer any assistance once they separate you from your money. Retail traders go from one course to another looking for some holy grail that does not exist for them. The big banks have super traders that can make millions in bonuses paid on top of their salaries, each January based on the previous years performance.

These big players are the market makers (dealers) which take the other side of your trade. They control the direction of the market move at any time. Make no mistake, these guys are trained to look for where the money can be made for the bank. Their job is to take your trades out. Sometimes they take you out by increasing their spread a little. Your stop is taken out even though you were actually in the right direction. It has nothing to do with the H1 direction agreeing with the H4 chart. They use what is called the shift bar and change. the trend to suit themselves. Ever seen after a major news announcement positive news but the currency goes the other way... its the market makers and their playbook !

They will use the accumulation/consolidation phase typically during Asian session but also at other times to accumulate contracts. If you buy because you see price rising, they SELL to you or if you sell they BUY from you. They must take the other side of your trade for it all to work. At the end of this accumulation period, they will assess their positions. Lets say the contracts they hold are now LONG 300 million dollars and SHORT 100 million, they are net LONG 200 million right? Guess which side will be getting hurt today. Its the Long holders. The SM will after accumulating what they want will widen the dealers spread (difference between the high and low of the day during accumulation). This has nothing to do with your brokers spread... the difference between the ask and bid price. If you are trading when the spread is widened you will likely be whip sawed and your stop loss taken out. The market will do a stop loss against the short trades, take them out and drag the price up. You do NOT enter that trade because that's what the SM wants you to do. At a certain point they will pull back usually 15 to 25 pips then do another pass to validate the trades for the fib extension traders , and those following some chart pattern....;flag, wedge etc higher up. These are the LHLT Long High Level trades as opposed to the Short Low Level trades SLLT. SM will work those trades providing liquidity to them for from 30 to 90 minutes. They will then run the price into the real trend for 6 to 8 hours. Its like a dagger through you whilst your LONG trade goes slowly and relentlessly to the south.They will then use the same behaviour down where the shorts volume sits..... they can see it on their screen by the way. They do the same then drag all those contracts north and go into accumulation about half way back up in readiness for tomorrow. Tomorrow at 4.59 EST they will close off and reopen a minute later then establish the initial High and Low for the day, assess their holdings and decide on their direction .... and fake direction o course to get you in) for the day and do it all again. When regulators get hot on their heels, they tell their traders go take a holiday at the Hamptons in Long island for a month whilst we pay the 5 billion dollar fine. When they are called back its business as usual. Don't believe me Google Barclays fined for manipulating currency prices, also Citicorp... its there for you to read. Best wishes but stay away from those retail courses... the blind leading the blind. This is the way the market really works. Retail traders are a part of the SM non transparent plan. They provide some 400 billion dollars a day in liquidity . You will not find this information in any book or course but take a look at your charts. You will see it most trading days with the odd small variation; the principle and the moves are the same. Its a great business to be in as long as you follow the market makers cycle. they leave their footprint on the chart at the end of accumulation.

1,300$ for the Forex course is way too higher. I would rather invest in my account and try to trade with smaller lot sizes to make consistent profits.

Back