Hedge question

borisofoz

Private
Hey All

what are our options for hedging, as in buy and selling at the same time?

If it cannot be done on the one account, can we open a sub account or an account with another broker and do it that way?

As in I place a buy with one broker and a sell with the other

Also, the FIFO rule is painfull. Do many expirienced traders use multiple accounts to overcome these issues?

Cheers

Hey All

what are our options for hedging, as in buy and selling at the same time?

If it cannot be done on the one account, can we open a sub account or an account with another broker and do it that way?

As in I place a buy with one broker and a sell with the other

Also, the FIFO rule is painfull. Do many expirienced traders use multiple accounts to overcome these issues?

Cheers

You can hedge with different currency pairs: EURUSD with USDCHF.

G'day Vito_C

So they allways behave opposite to each other? Thats good to know I will check that out.

Im interested in a range trading strategy.....
I'd Rather be able to hedge the same currency pair. So I could buy the AUD/USD with a trailing stop, and sell the AUD/USD with a trailing stop for example. I'm thinking the second account is the only way?, by placing the buy order with one broker, and the sell order with the other.

Cheers.

Hollo and welcome to FPA you can always ask your broker if you can open another account with them i think most will allow this i have 2 accounts with same broker so i could hedge on same pair if i wanted to but i dont do it i dont see the point personly
About other pairs that can be hedged with another yes if the USD is week most ccys will get stronger against the USD but not always so you must be very carfull if hedging with two differnt pairs IMHO no ccy pair corilates with another ccy pair all the time

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Hi Dkami

Thanks.

I had a good day today. I just financed my first trading account, by selling a B.A.S.E canopy for $1000 dollars. So it will be time to play soon.

Forex Peace Army! For the Win!

All the best.

Back