hello everybody

barby7x_7

Private
am a new member, my name is Ola am working in Dubai right now in SGBL which is a french bank merged with lebanese bank called societe generale, everybody will think that if am working in a bank means that am in the right field and no need to ask questions, but believe me all i know about trading is about 5% , our bank is not that big and my job is only limited by supervising and monitoring branches productivity in the zones under my jurisdiction, following up the target dates for renewing credit applications for existing clients and new new commitments in the pipe line in addition to list for potential clients, regular weekly zone heads meeting for discussing the credit worthiness of new cases and for solving pending issues, performing spreading and financial analysis for the client' historical financial statements for the previous year.
anyway i get married before 2 months ago and am helping my husband to economize, most of the time am at work and when i returned back i feel very tired , a friend of me give me the idea of trading while am free and i made my search about brokers and forex and found your site by google, i wanted to trade part time so i downloaded a demo of ...... company and start to work after some of my friends give me instructions, am making very low profit but it's ok it's a demo but the problem is that i don't know what to buy or to sell or when to take profit of support or resistance, Mt4 is clear for those who has some experience but not enough for me .. I know i need serious help but am on my way to learn

Hi Hope all is well, I see you have a long way to go, so in enjoy the jounery learn all the rules, and practice and master 1 strategy at a time.
Don't rush and don't use big money untill you are very very confident with your system and strategy, and a must a trading plan.
use a miro account with a broker Alpari and ATC very good
loads of information every where, it's almost overwhemling.
so i guess you should start with candle sticks by NIson
you can also follow Sive morten who is on this site he's great with the eur/usd
then Market Geometry - Home
forexfactory great site also
action forex
babypips.
and very important master Volume spread analsys VSA
i got some material if you like so email me and i'll send you what i have
twitter: www.timelessfx.blogspot.com...kasimijelu@gmail.com

Thanks Kasim, I appreciate your reply but i need a broker with everyday trusted report so i can follow the instruction , i was looking for this link:http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/pagemap/pagemap_education.php
dow you think it will help me and also there's other one but i guess it's a bank you can check the link also
Credit Financier Invest : Trade with Confidence | cf-invest.com
and where i can find the analyst of volume spread ... Some of these companies are offering fixed spread about pips but they aren't news time traders and doens't allow scalping
what's the best for me because as i said am living between Dubai and Beirut and most of companies allow specific countries
Thanks again

Hello Ola,

First off, welcome to the FPA.
And second...oophhs...sorry about that crude reception you received over at another thread. Very honestly, Pharaoh, Dale, and myself thought you were one of the scambag broker's rep/IB pretending to post like one of the traders here at the FPA.

Being a Newbie, you are one of the lucky ones for coming here at the FPA before diving into the sharks infested world of forex because, believe you me, there are many scumbag brokers out there all looking to scam Newbies. Just take the time to read through all the various threads here with special attention to "Brokers Reviews" (top left hand corner of this page).

It took me just about a year of reading, learning...more reading...practicing on Demo accounts with more than a dozen brokers...before I become comfortable with trading the forex with any degree of confidence.

As I was told back in those days, nobody can teach you how to trade as you will have to discover what trading system/style that you are most comfortable and successful with.

Have a pleasant and enjoyable forex journey which all of us have to take!

Thanks Rahman,
I already checked the brokers reviews and i notice that there's ratings, but i didn't know who's rating these reviews? does the no stars rating means that this company is trustworthy ?
Can i ask you with which broker you are working? off course you have a lot of experience with so many companies but the best service you have was with which broker?
i already have a demo account and i bought on 16/2/2012 1 lot of USDCHF when the price was 0.9275 and now am losing about 1755 dollars, I know lots of people lose but the most i know always win and they don't say the secret .
what's the mistake i have made, i looked very well to the chart before few days and i thought that it will go up ...
I've to read a lot maybe more than one year but for every single thing in the world there's instructions that i couldn't find while trading
Thanks for your reply in advance

I am a part time trader (for now) as I am in the oil & gas business and, right now, have two major projects about to kick-off at the same time...but, I still try to make time for trading the forex as, apart from loving it, also am amazed how easy it is to make (or loss) money in matter of seconds.

I think you are being too impatience to start trading for real money. My advice is to first get a forex education and you can get that right here at the FPA:D
Go to top of his page section "Education and Forums"...go to "Complete forex course" and you will be at "Forex Military School | Complete Forex Education by a Pro Banker"...Now go through all Chapters from 1 to 27 and you will find everything you need to know there.

Simply looking at charts does not tell you market directions, you need to understand how they work and (if you chose to) also technical indicators. You also have to pay more attention on financial news and the political and economic situation of the countries which currencies you wish to trade.....in a nut shell, you will have to know the basic health of the world's economy.

Lots to learn and understand, but it's all so fascinating and profitable when you know how to trade and when not to trade.

Have a safe and happy journey!

I already checked the brokers reviews and i notice that there's ratings, but i didn't know who's rating these reviews? does the no stars rating means that this company is trustworthy ?

The rating is just a general guideline. You need to carefully read the individual reviews. 1 star because of 1 pip slippage or a withdrawal not being processed in 1 day isn't really that important. 1 star because of 20 pips slippage or a withdrawal not being processed for a month is a major caution flag. 5 Stars from someone who says they opened an account 2 weeks ago shouldn't be considered the same as 5 stars from someone who's been with a broker for awhile, especially if that person has left followup reviews over time.

Back