Hello fellow traders!

I was first introduced to Forex through associates in matched Betting. Began my own research and saw the potential it could offer when applied properly. My introduction to FX was very frank and honest and told from the outset there was no quick, overnight riches to be had, which i think a lot of new traders are sucked in by.

As a parent my motivation to start and keep going is to provide both financial security to my family but also achieve a greater work/ life balance and leave the hourly commute to work behind so i can have the flexibility to be there for my daughter.

Under no illusions about the high failure rate of most retail traders, and i started from scratch on this journey, but I know exactly where I want to get and take small steps everyday to achieving it.

Very inspirational and very similar to me as it goes all though I struggle with keeping motivated when things get difficult, I seem to find time management difficult to, I get distracted very easily, all things to work on though and I will get better.

Very inspirational and very similar to me as it goes all though I struggle with keeping motivated when things get difficult, I seem to find time management difficult to, I get distracted very easily, all things to work on though and I will get better.
Overcoming those distractions are an on-going challenge.
Distractions within Forex has been easier to manage but life distractions is the one that catches me out. Now I tend to accept stepping away for a few days or the week if I have a lot on outside of the norm. Stops me putting pressure on myself and forcing the trades when the mind set is not focused.
There is always another trade around the corner.

Overcoming those distractions are an on-going challenge.
Distractions within Forex has been easier to manage but life distractions is the one that catches me out. Now I tend to accept stepping away for a few days or the week if I have a lot on outside of the norm. Stops me putting pressure on myself and forcing the trades when the mind set is not focused.
There is always another trade around the corner.
I find a that regular exercise helps when you are trading/working from home full time

Hello all

I am new to FPA, and been learning to trade for around a year and half.

The trading journey so far has been a great one, and looking forward to developing further and meeting other traders and sharing what we do.

A lot of great stuff on here, so time to get stuck in!

Thanks
Rach
hi Rachel, im new here too ! :D

I find a that regular exercise helps when you are trading/working from home full time
Keeps the mind sharp and forces you to take a mental break from the charts.
So easy when working from home to lose track of time and find yourself not doing much else.
Having my time structured and planned exercise routine is a winner for me.

Back