• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Hello I'm trying to find a good true ecn/stp broker

RaidersMan

Recruit
Hello,

New here and I need some help looking for a good, true ecn/stp broker. I was with FXCM until they sold their accounts to Gain Capital i.e. Forex dot com. I opted out of my transfer and am now in the process of trying to find an honest broker.

I read reviews on here and joined LMFX on a Demo account. Upon a warning from a friend of mine who read their disclosure statement, apparently LMFX at "certain times" uses a dealing desk and trades against their clients.

I do not wish to go through that again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
RaidersMan

I have been with Tallinex for about 6 months and my experience is excellent so far. They are responsive, and provide weekly advice on several of the most traded pairs (all have USD on one side or the other). Like any advice, you need to apply your own due diligence. The broker is ECN, and is offshore, which might scare some, plug that into your risk tolerance. Like so many offshore companies, they may not be tanking US traders (thank Obama for that) but you need to contact them and see. Also stay tuned to FPA and you'll multitudes of scam artists and will know enough to bypass them. I know of no decent US brokers, except Oanda is also sending out a newsletter (I'm not sure where they are in the world). I am always gratified to see this, it is suggestive of a company that is around for the long haul, not the clowns that open up, pillage all they can, then move a block away and open under a new name. Best of luck in your search and your trading.

I have been with Tallinex for about 6 months and my experience is excellent so far. They are responsive, and provide weekly advice on several of the most traded pairs (all have USD on one side or the other). Like any advice, you need to apply your own due diligence. The broker is ECN, and is offshore, which might scare some, plug that into your risk tolerance. Like so many offshore companies, they may not be tanking US traders (thank Obama for that) but you need to contact them and see. Also stay tuned to FPA and you'll multitudes of scam artists and will know enough to bypass them. I know of no decent US brokers, except Oanda is also sending out a newsletter (I'm not sure where they are in the world). I am always gratified to see this, it is suggestive of a company that is around for the long haul, not the clowns that open up, pillage all they can, then move a block away and open under a new name. Best of luck in your search and your trading.

Thank you for your reply. I am checking out Tallinex now based on your advice which is most appreciated, sir. In regards to Oanda, they just became partners with the Online Trading Academy, who were previously partners with FXCM. Both FXCM and Oanda are known market makers so I won;t ever be dealing with Oanda.

I have no problems opening an offshore account as long as the company is regulated. It seems it's very difficult to find an honest broker.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
RaidersMan

Hello,

New here and I need some help looking for a good, true ecn/stp broker. I was with FXCM until they sold their accounts to Gain Capital i.e. Forex dot com. I opted out of my transfer and am now in the process of trying to find an honest broker.

I read reviews on here and joined LMFX on a Demo account. Upon a warning from a friend of mine who read their disclosure statement, apparently LMFX at "certain times" uses a dealing desk and trades against their clients.

I do not wish to go through that again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
RaidersMan
This link https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/best-forex-broker.12903/ will help you.

Now I trade on ForexGrand. It is not much advertising in the Internet about this broker, but he's already on the market, as I found out, 5 years. I working there for 8 months. the conditions are good, the leverage is 1:300, orders are executed fast, the graphics are true. not to say that always have profit, but given the fact that I rarely trade, I`ve already earned normally money.

Now I trade on ForexGrand. It is not much advertising in the Internet about this broker, but he's already on the market, as I found out, 5 years. I working there for 8 months. the conditions are good, the leverage is 1:300, orders are executed fast, the graphics are true. not to say that always have profit, but given the fact that I rarely trade, I`ve already earned normally money.

Thank you for your reply. I;m looking into ForexGrand based on your advice. Their website doesn't seem to supply much information it seems. I can't find out if they accept US citizens, what their spreads are, or what their commissions are, and if they are regulated or not.

If you could answer some of these questions, I'd be grateful.

Best regards,
RaidersMan

Looks like IG.com is now part of Nadex and only offers binary FX options and spreads.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply. I'm most grateful. It's been almost 3 weeks since FXCM sold their US accounts to Forex dot com and I still haven't found a new broker, honest and reliable broker. This has become depressing.

There seems to be now good honest brokers who operate in the US. I am almost forced to go offshore (not that there's anything wrong with that). Still, it's hard to figure who I can trust and can't.

I called LMFX 3 times. The first time I asked about their deposit methods and asked when they will have Credit/Debit card service available. They told me by the end of the week(this was back in February). End of the week came and nothing. Called back and asked again about credit/debit card service. They said end of the month. End of the month came and went again with nothing.

Called back a 3rd time and they finally admitted they don't know when they will have credit/debit service available. I don;t want to trade with them but having found nothing over the last 3 weeks, I feel like I'm almost forced to go with them. What a bad spot to get caught in.

Best regards,
RaidersMan

I am in the same boat as far as being an ex-FXCM customer, except that I have the extra complication of trading out of an IRA account. In that case there are only two options in the US: OANDA or FOREX.com. Choose your poison...

Back