Hello

Lyndylulubelle

Private
Hello everyone, what a fabulous site, I am completely impressed! Thanks so much to the creator. Love the reviews sections. :). It's wonderful to see a place where brokers and forex training companies who are doing the wrong thing are being made accountable and/or exposed.

Hi Lyndylulubelle, and welcome to our humble camp.

Yes, the FPA is a SCAM BUSTER site where we old soldiers fight against the cyber army without pay and sustenance....and forced to trade the forex for a living one way or another.

Enjoy yourself here and read what & how the "professional" traders go about their business.

Hi Lyndylulubelle, and welcome to our humble camp.

Yes, the FPA is a SCAM BUSTER site where we old soldiers fight against the cyber army without pay and sustenance....and forced to trade the forex for a living one way or another.

Enjoy yourself here and read what & how the "professional" traders go about their business.

Hello RahmanSL, thanks for the welcome. I'm just browsing through some of the info in here.. I can see that a lot of time and effort has been put in to this site by a number of people. Funnily enough I was "led" here via google when looking for reviews on a particular company a friend of mine did a course through. I was quite concerned with their methods and I was happy to find my suspicions confirmed in here by the majority of reviews. I was also really impressed with the honesty of those who submitted the reviews. I'm a relative newbie to forex, have only been trading live for 2 years. There's always something new to learn and so far I'm enjoying the ride :).

"...I'm a relative newbie to forex, have only been trading live for 2 years..."

Yikes! At two years, you are my senior as I started in Sep 2010 (I think).
Made & lost quite a bit of money but is still grinding on.

I keep telling people that trading the forex must be one of the easiest way to make some quick profits, as I can't think of (or never tried) any other way that money can be made in mere seconds.....BUT, greed and impatience wipes out those profits every time.

All the best in your trading!

Thanks RahmanSL,

Yes, it can be quite a rollercoaster, particularly at the start. I've also had my ups and downs however have always gone back to the basics when I find myself going "astray" :).

Good luck to you also with your trading.

I am in the process of signing up with Pepperstone, and since you are Australian based, please can you tell me something about them?

Thank you.

I am in the process of signing up with Pepperstone, and since you are Australian based, please can you tell me something about them?

Thank you.

Hi RahmanSL,

I haven't had any experience with Pepperstone so can't offer any advice in that regard. I'm so sorry.

Generally speaking I don't take recommendations from anyone currently and in all honesty don't really take recommendations blindly. If I do look at a recommendation I make sure the trade meets my own trading plan.

I did my initial course with a company called Learn To Trade, an Australian based company. The focus is predominantly on technical analysis. I can't fault them really although like everyone, they've had their ups and their downs with their recommendations. One thing I really like about them is that they are always personally available. You can always get a human on the end of the telephone line and it's generally always the same people. In this regard their customer service is excellent.

The broker I use is GFT.

One Australian based company I would avoid however is LTG Goldrock. This is the company I was looking for reviews on which caused me to stumble upon this site. The reviews confirmed what I suspected. Huge hard sell, extremely arrogant, defensive and would you believe it took me over two weeks to actually corner them to speak with one of their traders over the telephone! Two weeks!!! It was almost harder than pulling hens teeth! :).

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Thanks Lyndylulubelle for your informative and honest reply which is very refreshing indeed.
Nope, I didn't take any trading courses from anybody, but got loads of help here at the FPA, Donna Forex, 100 Brokers Reviews, and other sites.

My trading style is a mixture of (or rather balancing of) Technical and Fundamental analysis. I have found Technical to be useful (and pretty accurate too) during normal market and the world is relatively at peace. Whereas Fundamentals is vital in times of financial and economic turmoil like what it is today.
I have tried staying with metals (Gold & Silver), but there seems to be manipulations by some "unseen" entities and so, lately, I have stayed away. But, I would take some positions if retracement is deep enough.

Oh yah! I have just successfully signed up and funded my brand spanking new account with Pepperstone, an hour or so ago, and is now trading the account (plus 2 others) and concentrating almost exclusively on the EUR/USD.

Ok, all the best in today's trading!

P/S: I noticed you changed your avatar. Anyone looking at this post will think "Beauty & the Beast" : )

You're welcome!

Good luck with Pepperstone. I'd be interested to see how you find them as there are so many dodgy brokers/operators out there these days.

I was just reading a thread in here about one broker who is holding money in the clients trading account for 12 months.. wow.. terrible indeed.

Our trading styles sound very similar. Whilst I do predominantly use technical analysis and am more comfortable with a nice steady rhythm in the market, I also watch announcements. I agree that the market is more volatile now than it was a couple of years ago. Some weeks the whipsaw movements are incredible. I have to admit I prefer trading when there are no major announcements due out.

Lol re the avatar comment you made. I have to say that Audrey H is a fave actress of mine.

I have tried live accounts with 7 brokers, but becomes jaded with their trading platform after a month or so with them.
I found Pepperstone from reading reviews on them here at the FPA, 100 Forex Brokers, and at Donna Forex sites.
What made me decided to try them out is the fact that they are Australian based and Donna (from Donna Forex) spoke highly of them.
So....well, I will do a review on them soon enough.

About that comment about our choice of avatars : ) ...well, Audrey is, without a doubt, a real beauty.
Take a good look at my avatar and you can't help but think "What an ugly bugger" : ) ......in reality, it is a statue of a mythical creature (some sort of crossbred lion with I-don't-know-what other creature) which protect a building against evil.

Back