1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Hello and Welcome' started by aweissman, May 9, 2010.

1. aweissman

aweissman Recruit

Hello FPA,

Just joined after being a casual browser for a few weeks.

Out of college for about a year, degree in Finance, been trading for 12 months now.

Looking forward to reading what everyone has to say and hopefully sharing some of my own insights! :)

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Welcome!

So, how does the real market compare to what they teach at university? Has academia caught up with reality, or are professors still mostly 20+ years behind the curve like when I was in school?

3. aweissman

aweissman Recruit

I don't believe I learned one thing about Forex while at school. Closest I got to even learning how to trade was one teacher guaranteeing us that Technical Analysis is bullsh** and the only way to value anything is strictly fundamental.

I think a Forex class at a University would be excellent. Could be a lot more useful than some of the junk I wasted my time and money on. (Would have made the first year of trading a bit less nauseating too! ;))

4. geula4

geula4 forexforex3 rep

Fundamental + Technical

IMHO, that teacher is dead wrong. I think that the right way to trade is a combination of Fundamental + Technical analysis. I also strongly believe in Price Action.

Happy trading! :)

=============
    Feel free to contact me about forex...
    Email: forexforex3 AT gmail DOT com