Hello

aweissman

Recruit
Hello FPA,

Just joined after being a casual browser for a few weeks.

Out of college for about a year, degree in Finance, been trading for 12 months now.

Looking forward to reading what everyone has to say and hopefully sharing some of my own insights! :)

Welcome!

So, how does the real market compare to what they teach at university? Has academia caught up with reality, or are professors still mostly 20+ years behind the curve like when I was in school?

Welcome!

So, how does the real market compare to what they teach at university? Has academia caught up with reality, or are professors still mostly 20+ years behind the curve like when I was in school?

I don't believe I learned one thing about Forex while at school. Closest I got to even learning how to trade was one teacher guaranteeing us that Technical Analysis is bullsh** and the only way to value anything is strictly fundamental.

I think a Forex class at a University would be excellent. Could be a lot more useful than some of the junk I wasted my time and money on. (Would have made the first year of trading a bit less nauseating too! ;))

Fundamental + Technical

I don't believe I learned one thing about Forex while at school. Closest I got to even learning how to trade was one teacher guaranteeing us that Technical Analysis is bullsh** and the only way to value anything is strictly fundamental.

I think a Forex class at a University would be excellent. Could be a lot more useful than some of the junk I wasted my time and money on. (Would have made the first year of trading a bit less nauseating too! ;))

IMHO, that teacher is dead wrong. I think that the right way to trade is a combination of Fundamental + Technical analysis. I also strongly believe in Price Action.

Happy trading! :)

=============
Feel free to contact me about forex...
Email: forexforex3 AT gmail DOT com

Back