Hi! FXDD... 608 pips stoploss slippage

rforexpeacez

Recruit
Hi, first time poster, so bear with me if I am posting something that isn't right...

So, I am using multiple brokers, and through the relatively good reputation of Dukascopy (that I can't use in the US), I ended up in FXDD. I seem to have overlooked the previous problems that this guys have (i.e. the NFA fine), that obviously seem to identify an unethical behaviour at the least. Well, they haven't changed.

This case is about a 608 pips slippage over a stop loss that happened on Thursday 05:30PST, 08:30EST. It is not a case of over-the-weekend slippage (yeah, it may seem so)

My question is, what can I do, if anything? As you can see, it isn't much money, but obviously they are used to this techniques.

By the way, NONE of the other brokers that I am using (MBTrading, Oanda, Forex.com) had all those intermediate ticks missing. I reckon that I would have lost at most 10 pips, instead of 608!!

Does FXDD claim to be ECN? Or not anymore? Can I start calling them names?

Thanks in advance!

fxdd.case.thieves.jpg

Hi Kumar!

Sorry, it was on Friday at 08:30EST. It was on the US Unemployment news release.

Do you think I should accept the slippage and move on? I mean... obvioulsy I am done with FXDD. They will surely remove the 5% bonus deposit that they gave me, but... whatever... funny that I didn't even last a week.

Cheers!

have you tried emailing the execution dept (if they have on) if not do so and let us know what they have to say!

its 100 pips

it was during NFP's , nothing wrong with that.
Get yourself a forex calendar or something.

have you tried emailing the execution dept (if they have on) if not do so and let us know what they have to say!

Yes, I did. In fact, in all fairness, I had a response where they told me that there was 'a connectivity issue' and that they will credit me the difference. I am glad because I expected them to be less cooperative.

its 100 pips
it was during NFP's , nothing wrong with that.
Get yourself a forex calendar or something.

It's true, it's 61 pips. Sorry for that. Yeah, and I am not the greatest trader, but don't assume that because I didn't use the proper approach to pips in this post that I don't use a calendar. I knew that that was coming (for a reason there's a stop). In fact, as I said, I mirror my trades and from the 4 brokers that I used, FXDD gave me the -60.8 pips while the rest were okay.

I couldn't just accept that. I know that the loss is minimal... and if you want to accept similar things, you can... but I don't think saying 'nothing wrong with that' is a good advice... just because of the comparison the different results of the same trade among multiple brokers.

did you invite their rep to reply here?

Hi Eddiger, no, I actually didn't, just contacted him directly and he kindly fixed it for me.

I am sorry if that's not how things are done here, but I just wanted to know if this is considered normal and suggestions on what to do. I read so many bad things about this broker that I expected the worse... although I reckon it is a very small account (even compared to my other accounts).

Again, also sorry for the mistake of putting 608 pips when they were 60.8... if there's a way to edit an old post, I don't know how to.

The scenario as it is now is that I will receive the credit and I will close the account afterwards. If something changes I will update this post.

Thanks for your response.

Back