• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Searching High leverage brokers!

Help me find a company

Finansified

Recruit
Hello everyone!

I am trying to understand how you guys perceive high-leverage forex brokers. Does the amount of leverage an fx firm offers play any role in your perception of them?
Do you consider brokers offering high leverage (e.g., 1:500 - 1:1000-1:3000) scammers or more likely to scam you? For instance, let us say a broker has been offering 1:50 - 1:100 leverage for years, and suddenly, they introduce 1:500 or even more. What would you think of that? Does this raise any red flags at all?

The reason I am asking these questions is this. The only brokers who offer this type of leverage are based out of offshore jurisdictions with very light or absent regulatory regimes. When they introduce high-caliber leverage, I think they primarily target small account clients. Giving high leverage to someone with a relatively big account size would reduce the broker's ability to hedge their risk. So, my theory is that when a broker introduces high leverage, they start targeting smaller clients. Can this be a signal that there is something wrong with them and it is time to withdraw funds from them? What do you think?

hello.
I think your concerns are justified.
the more leverage the broker offers, the more carefully you need to look at his reputation.

There are many legit brokers that offer high leverage I guess it is normal practice. It's upon you to use it or trade conservatively (or take moderate risk like using 1:100 leverage). I would rather focus on spreads or execution speed.

Often a large leverage is offered for micro and mini accounts with a limit on the maximum balance on the trading account. If the balance exceeds the limits, the broker changes the account type and reduces the leverage.

With leverage like 500:1, you can wipe out your account in a matter of minutes.
Before the new rules years ago, brokers were offering leverage 100:1 and it was more than enough.

I don’t find 1:500 high leverage. It’s reasonable and moderate. For me higher leverages start with 1:1000. They require smaller margin and seduce beginners with higher profits. I don’t recommend going higher then 1:500. 1:300 would be even better if you can afford such margin.

With leverage like 500:1, you can wipe out your account in a matter of minutes.
Before the new rules years ago, brokers were offering leverage 100:1 and it was more than enough.
The account is wipe not by the size of the leverage, but by the incorrectly calculated volume of the trades to the balance.

• eToro – Overall Best High Leverage Forex Broker. ...
  • XTB – Up to 500:1 Leverage. ...
  • Vantage – High Leverage CFD Trading Forex Broker. ...
  • Pepperstone – Top Broker for Raw Spread Accounts.

Back