Historical data EUR pairs

sleepdoc

Recruit
Just write it off to insatiable curiosity, but I would like to know if anyone can steer me to a site where I could find exchange rate data for the euro, dating back as far as possible? Maybe since it's inception as a currency? Preferably in chart form and FREE of charge?

Too much time on my hands, I guess.............

I don't know what level of detail you need, but I just checked my IBFX account and I've got Weekly and Monthly data back to April 1989. Daily Data goes back to 2000, but if I try to scroll to the left, it keeps filling in one screen at a time.

Weekly data would probably be sufficient. Highs and lows on each week for the last two or three years. Just to get a good idea of long term trends. Especially interested in the EUR/JPY.

Could you post a screenshot here, or, if you prefer, send it to me by email?

Thanks for your reply and any help you might be able and willing to give.

I just checked - At minimum magnification, a screen shot doesn't show everything, and is also unreadable.

There are a couple of options. Snag a MetaTrader demo account from just about any broker. Alternatively, I just started checking out the Forex Strategy Builder website this morning (and thus, cannot yet rate it), and saw that they have weekly data available for download forexsb.com/rates.html

I'm not sure what format it's in (will look when I get things installed), but it might be worth checking out to see if their data would be of use to you.

Back