1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Historical data EUR pairs

Discussion in 'General Forex Talk' started by sleepdoc, Nov 30, 2007.

1. sleepdoc

sleepdoc Recruit

Just write it off to insatiable curiosity, but I would like to know if anyone can steer me to a site where I could find exchange rate data for the euro, dating back as far as possible? Maybe since it's inception as a currency? Preferably in chart form and FREE of charge?

Too much time on my hands, I guess.............

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

I don't know what level of detail you need, but I just checked my IBFX account and I've got Weekly and Monthly data back to April 1989. Daily Data goes back to 2000, but if I try to scroll to the left, it keeps filling in one screen at a time.

3. sleepdoc

sleepdoc Recruit

Weekly data would probably be sufficient. Highs and lows on each week for the last two or three years. Just to get a good idea of long term trends. Especially interested in the EUR/JPY.

Could you post a screenshot here, or, if you prefer, send it to me by email?

Thanks for your reply and any help you might be able and willing to give.

4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

I just checked - At minimum magnification, a screen shot doesn't show everything, and is also unreadable.

There are a couple of options. Snag a MetaTrader demo account from just about any broker. Alternatively, I just started checking out the Forex Strategy Builder website this morning (and thus, cannot yet rate it), and saw that they have weekly data available for download forexsb.com/rates.html

I'm not sure what format it's in (will look when I get things installed), but it might be worth checking out to see if their data would be of use to you.