• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

HLG scam alert!

Victim135

Recruit
I first met a woman (name Anna Lee) on the Tinder dating app around the 1st of May 2021. Our conversations soon migrated to the WhatsApp messaging app where we would text to each other. She claims to be located in San Marino, California. Through casual conversation she mentioned she invests in a bitcoin mining platform called HLG. I was intrigued and she urged me to get involved. She sent screenshots of some of the money in her brokerage account and urged me to get involved. Via her instructions, I opened an account on 5/8/21. As our personal relationship grew, Anna would alway urge me to deposit more money so I could make bigger profits. I made 4 deposits totaling $42500 through My Kraken crypto currency trading platform using the USDT currency. I was making huge profits on a percentage basis. On 9/1/21 I wanted to take some profits. I made a request from the HLG customer service line and was informed that in order to do that there was a %20 handling fee of the total account balance. And that it could not be paid by deduction from the account. I would have to wire $80,000 to withdraw any of the funds. Anna, being eager to get me involved and telling me it was guaranteed income "like and ATM" was unwilling to loan me this fee. At best she would loan me $30,000 leaving me to transfer $50,000. That's where we are now. I shared with her all of these red flags I was seeing about this and she got indignant and said I didn't trust her and all of that. We remain friendly but my last trade was on 9/6/21, and we are no longer communicating on a daily basis. She is still steadfastly saying as soon as I send the $80,000 over I can withdraw as much as I want and everything will be fine. I have texted HLG Customer service numerous times requesting a withdrawal but have yet to get any meaningful reply from them. I was recently contacted by the HLG Customer service that the platform will be shutting down on 12/10/21.

Attachments

• 03583FEA-16AF-4CF4-ADD6-B31BFEF6C922.png
    03583FEA-16AF-4CF4-ADD6-B31BFEF6C922.png
    857.3 KB · Views: 33
  • C5B74B37-F9CE-4340-8921-BD728B7F9F37.jpeg
    C5B74B37-F9CE-4340-8921-BD728B7F9F37.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 32
I first met a woman (name Anna Lee) on the Tinder dating app around the 1st of May 2021. Our conversations soon migrated to the WhatsApp messaging app where we would text to each other. She claims to be located in San Marino, California. Through casual conversation she mentioned she invests in a bitcoin mining platform called HLG. I was intrigued and she urged me to get involved. She sent screenshots of some of the money in her brokerage account and urged me to get involved. Via her instructions, I opened an account on 5/8/21. As our personal relationship grew, Anna would alway urge me to deposit more money so I could make bigger profits. I made 4 deposits totaling $42500 through My Kraken crypto currency trading platform using the USDT currency. I was making huge profits on a percentage basis. On 9/1/21 I wanted to take some profits. I made a request from the HLG customer service line and was informed that in order to do that there was a %20 handling fee of the total account balance. And that it could not be paid by deduction from the account. I would have to wire $80,000 to withdraw any of the funds. Anna, being eager to get me involved and telling me it was guaranteed income "like and ATM" was unwilling to loan me this fee. At best she would loan me $30,000 leaving me to transfer $50,000. That's where we are now. I shared with her all of these red flags I was seeing about this and she got indignant and said I didn't trust her and all of that. We remain friendly but my last trade was on 9/6/21, and we are no longer communicating on a daily basis. She is still steadfastly saying as soon as I send the $80,000 over I can withdraw as much as I want and everything will be fine. I have texted HLG Customer service numerous times requesting a withdrawal but have yet to get any meaningful reply from them. I was recently contacted by the HLG Customer service that the platform will be shutting down on 12/10/21.
First, don't pay any fees, taxes or make any more deposits. Second can you provide a website for this company. Last what country are you from so we can advise where to start filing reports.

First, don't pay any fees, taxes or make any more deposits. Second can you provide a website for this company. Last what country are you from so we can advise where to start filing reports.
Added: I am in the US and the website is rtorrents.com

i am just curious... did you ever video chat with her?

just fyi, if you go on youtube and you search for "romance scam", you will see how the ladies will fall in love with a picture and they start wiring tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars to men that they have never met.

there was one old man that fell for a cute girl from africa and then he started wiring blocks of $500.00 to her on a regular basis until he bankrupted himself... and then he applied for credit cards in his son's name and he bankrupted his son.. he was sending all of the money to his new love in africa...

in the end, this old man bankrupted himself and his son and when he finished he went sat on a bench in a park and pulled out a pistol and blew his brains out.

love is a dangerous thing.

Added: I am in the US and the website is rtorrents.com
Please file reports with each of the following: FBI IC3, CFTC, FINRA and your local Attorney Generals Office. You may also want to alert your bank of this fraud. I'll try to dig out some details about this company. Last you can also contact the global anti-scam org as they have live chat for victims 24/7.

Can we have a website address, please?

the first issue is that there is PRETTY MUCH NO WAY TO EVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

these are criminals that covered their tracks from square one.

your money is gone.

HLG is most likely a complete bs organization that was setup solely to rip you off.

when customer service is communicating with you, anna is probably sitting right there and it might even be her that is communicating from rtorrents.com

you got fooled..

these recovery agencies are only gonna rip you off more.

nobody gonna get yo money back, period.

You are probably correct on all points. It’s been a valuable lesson. Fortunately my stupidity did not financially ruin me. I do not have all my eggs in one basket

Back