• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

HLG scam alert!

You are probably correct on all points. It’s been a valuable lesson. Fortunately my stupidity did not financially ruin me. I do not have all my eggs in one basket

a couple of issues at this point for you, assuming that your story is legit...

(a) if you were foolish enough to hand over that much money to someone that you dont know AND you have just told people that you can lose $50k or more and that doesnt hurt you...

wow.

you have just put a bullseye on your forehead... you are a target... if i were you, i would change my online identity and i wouldnt trust anyone..

move on with your life.

my best wishes to you.

also, you need to be aware that whoever these people were that ripped you off, they might send in another team to reload and strike again.

walk very softly my friend.

a couple of issues at this point for you, assuming that your story is legit...

(a) if you were foolish enough to hand over that much money to someone that you dont know AND you have just told people that you can lose $50k or more and that doesnt hurt you...

wow.

you have just put a bullseye on your forehead... you are a target... if i were you, i would change my online identity and i wouldnt trust anyone..

move on with your life.

my best wishes to you.

also, you need to be aware that whoever these people were that ripped you off, they might send in another team to reload and strike again.

walk very softly my friend.
We need to help victims, not insult them. If you tell everyone that are a target and they put a bullseye on their head then everyone will quit reporting scams thus there will be no awareness or assistance. Let's try to help solve these issues not run people off the board!

@FxMaster @FPA Forums Team

We need to help victims, not insult them. If you tell everyone that are a target and they put a bullseye on their head then everyone will quit reporting scams thus there will be no awareness or assistance. Let's try to help solve these issues not run people off the board!

@FxMaster @FPA Forums Team
Thank you. You are absolutely right. I’m only sharing my story to help others.
That person doesn’t know anything about me. And he’s welcome to think whatever he wants about me. I am taking you advice and filling a report with all of the agencies you mentioned

I think Baddog4x has his own issues
that is correct, i may have my own issues, but it is you that handed tens of thousands of dollars to a lady that you never met.

these are professional and premeditated criminals.

all of their tracks were covered before they even made a move.

probably interpol couldnt catch them if they had a butterfly net.

if globalantiscam does anything, it will be that they get you to donate or pay to them some $$.

these people that stole your money, they are gone with the wind.

but i wish you good luck and i am out.

I think Baddog4x has his own issues
Do not engage with them. People like that exist because they have no empathy. This kind of thing can happen to anyone and this forum thank you for informing other potential victims from falling into this bogus company.

Carry on and let’s hope we can prevent this tragedy from happening to other people.

that is correct, i may have my own issues, but it is you that handed tens of thousands of dollars to a lady that you never met.

if globalantiscam does anything, it will be that they get you to donate or pay to them some $$.

Do you know who loves people who discourage victims from going to the authorities? Scammers do. If no one complains, they can steal openly and not even bother to hide their identities. I always wonder about the real motives of anyone new who tries to instantly declare that the scammers are so smart that they can never be caught. Smells like an attempt to make a self fulfilling prophecy to assist the scammers in getting away to me.

What scammers hate are people who give detailed reports to any and all police and regulators. If there's a Hong Kong bank involved, the HK police will very happy to get the information so they can put one more piece in one of the many puzzles they are working on. They have shut down romance scam bank accounts and seized considerable amounts of money from the scammers. If more people reported the scams, the police could take more actions faster. An organization like the FPA or GASO can make finding the correct places to report simpler for victims.

Oh, and this isn't an airport. There's no need to announce your departure.

Calm down mate, I know, you are hurt and surprised how someone invest that much money in meeting someone online. Let me give you an answer to how they fall into the trap....

The girls (recently I saw girls falling into Boy too) are well trained and they know how to handle their targets.
Nowadays, people are so observed to share their purchasing things on social media, like they bought a house, Car or foreign trips, this is how they automatically became a target (People can share but they have to make sure not to choose publicly option, instead of publicly, they can share with a friend only).
If you want to get more knowledge about it then, there is a Show called Money Mafia on Discovery+. I strongly suggest everyone to watch it.

i am just curious... did you ever video chat with her?

just fyi, if you go on youtube and you search for "romance scam", you will see how the ladies will fall in love with a picture and they start wiring tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars to men that they have never met.

there was one old man that fell for a cute girl from africa and then he started wiring blocks of $500.00 to her on a regular basis until he bankrupted himself... and then he applied for credit cards in his son's name and he bankrupted his son.. he was sending all of the money to his new love in africa...

in the end, this old man bankrupted himself and his son and when he finished he went sat on a bench in a park and pulled out a pistol and blew his brains out.

love is a dangerous thing.
It’s sure is anything to do with forex on dating scam

I first met a woman (name Anna Lee) on the Tinder dating app around the 1st of May 2021. Our conversations soon migrated to the WhatsApp messaging app where we would text to each other. She claims to be located in San Marino, California. Through casual conversation she mentioned she invests in a bitcoin mining platform called HLG. I was intrigued and she urged me to get involved. She sent screenshots of some of the money in her brokerage account and urged me to get involved. Via her instructions, I opened an account on 5/8/21. As our personal relationship grew, Anna would alway urge me to deposit more money so I could make bigger profits. I made 4 deposits totaling $42500 through My Kraken crypto currency trading platform using the USDT currency. I was making huge profits on a percentage basis. On 9/1/21 I wanted to take some profits. I made a request from the HLG customer service line and was informed that in order to do that there was a %20 handling fee of the total account balance. And that it could not be paid by deduction from the account. I would have to wire $80,000 to withdraw any of the funds. Anna, being eager to get me involved and telling me it was guaranteed income "like and ATM" was unwilling to loan me this fee. At best she would loan me $30,000 leaving me to transfer $50,000. That's where we are now. I shared with her all of these red flags I was seeing about this and she got indignant and said I didn't trust her and all of that. We remain friendly but my last trade was on 9/6/21, and we are no longer communicating on a daily basis. She is still steadfastly saying as soon as I send the $80,000 over I can withdraw as much as I want and everything will be fine. I have texted HLG Customer service numerous times requesting a withdrawal but have yet to get any meaningful reply from them. I was recently contacted by the HLG Customer service that the platform will be shutting down on 12/10/21.
I was scammed by HLG 800K USD
The scammer looking for a Real estate agent to buy a house , then I was refereed by office manage because she need agent speak Chinese .
later she introduce me invest in a bit coin mining via whatApp , and seems made profit , then I "invest "
more
once I want to withdraw, the platform asking upgrade to diamond member pay, income Tax 35 % , security deposited....
after I meet all "requirement" , they released the funds to a "wrong address". then ask another 170000 USD to recovery the founds !
The HLG customer service text me said same thing , the will shutting down on 03/15/2022 , then I will lost all the founds !

Back