Hopper v2.1 on Ebay uses false test data

rey21

Recruit
I’ve flagged the Ebay Seller’s, Hopper V2.1 EA, current ad but days later the ad is this up, so I decided to at least post the details of my experience so that others can make a factual buying decision.

The Ebay resolution resource saw this case in my favor and a refund was given, but the Seller relisted this EA with no changes to the Fraudulent and Misleading performance data!

I’m always interest in EAs that employ trading technique that are interesting and in this case my interest ran ahead of my head.

I did ask for Live/Demo test results and after days before buying this EA, went ahead just to give it a Demo evaluation. When I got the EA and asked the Seller questions about it’s technique I became suspicious and found another MT4 indicator developer, speedometer.com, that has a very similar take on measuring price movement in time. The reply to my question “can the MT4 strategy tester be used to test this EA or your time measurement Indicator?”. The answer was No.

The Sellers posted Ad data was generated from the MT4 Strategy Tester. An experienced MT4 indicator developer who sales a similar program as the Seller’s item, indicated that the performance data in the ad is invalid since the Sellers EA measure “Pip per Seconds” in order to execute a Trade order. The MT4 history data used by the Strategy Tester only offers Open, High, Low, Close and Volumn information. Pip per Second information is only available from Live or Demo account trading!

Seller’s response –“ I don't need to care about what you or your expert authority has to say about my EA. My product, my refund policy. You got what you ordered. So no refunds. Capiche? Adios! “

Hope this helps you all in case your curiosity gets ahead of you.

Report all of their product listings to eBay and reference your prior claim against the seller. Sooner or later, someone at eBay will notice what's going on if you keep bringing it up.

Back