(HOT) Forex Signal (Wed, May 05, 18:45 EST) New Zealand Unemployment

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat with yet another potentially profitable trading opportunity...

Wednesday, May 05th (18:45 New York Time) New Zealand

We have New Zealand Unemployment Rate coming out. It is expected to read 7.3%. Last time it read 7.3%.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the New Zealand Dollar by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...tions/7377-new-zealand-unemployment-rate.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.4. This means that if the New Zealand Unemployment comes out at 7.7 or higher, NZD/USD will probably go down by 35 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 6.9 or lower, NZD/USD will probably go up by 35 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. In addition to unemployment rate, they will also release number for Employment Change both quarterly and yearly. These numbers are derived from the same data, so there should be no conflicts if we have such deviation.

If you miss the initial spike, don't worry, you can still make money on the after-spike move. Click here to read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...nt-rate-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on February 03rd, New Zealand Unemployment came out at 7.3, versus an expectation of 6.8. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

It seems it is a hot report now but also keep in mind that NZD has low liquidity so it's very possible you may get no fill or get slipped.

It is best to see for yourself the history of this report and the charts of how it affected the NZD/USD and other currencies. This way, you may possibly come up with even a better trading strategy than I am suggesting to you in this signal. Here is the link for that:
Forex News Trading | Details and History for NZD Unemployment Rate

I hope you make some money on this report
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again the unemployment number came out first, then several seconds later employment change. The unemployment rate deviated like I have never seen it before. I was entered at the end of the spike as a result. Need to be careful with this one in future.

Thank you Crazy Cat for all the great information. I made 30 pips from this report, the first time ive ever traded a news event. I'm also learning about the economic indicators, which is some I lack in my trading arsenal. I'm very much looking forward to what you come out with next. Thank you!!

Back