• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Hota Exchange www.hotaex.net/wap#

I am having an issue with a company

lepetit4

Recruit
Hi All,

I think probably most of people might know that this platform uses dating websites or private messages to get the person contacted to invest on their platform, that was also my case. I have invested $45000 USD transfering the crypto currency through binance.com to the scam platform. I am trying to get the monies back however their "online service" which is customer service of the platform keeps asking me to pay taxes or withdraw through the person I knew from China, which would be impossible to do.

I was wondering if anyone can help me to recover the monies and how I can do that.

Thank you

Hi All,

I think probably most of people might know that this platform uses dating websites or private messages to get the person contacted to invest on their platform, that was also my case. I have invested $45000 USD transfering the crypto currency through binance.com to the scam platform. I am trying to get the monies back however their "online service" which is customer service of the platform keeps asking me to pay taxes or withdraw through the person I knew from China, which would be impossible to do.

I was wondering if anyone can help me to recover the monies and how I can do that.

Thank you
DO NOT pay any fees or taxes as this is part of the scam to steal more money from you.

Hi All,

Thank you
What country are you from so we can advise where to report this fraud.

What country are you from so we can advise where to report this fraud.
The victim (my sister) is from Brasil, Sao Paulo. Please let me know where can we report this fraud. The person who contacted her was from Tinder, number based in HK, however I know that many HK telephone numbers are used for scam (as I am currently based in China for work).

DO NOT pay any fees or taxes as this is part of the scam to steal more money from you.
Too late, she has already paid those, and many times. I am trying to help her to get the monies back. From the threads from Reddit, she also contacted a Gmail address called cryptoadvocator to assist in recovering the funds.

Your sister should take screen shots of all communication, chats, trades, their wallet, etc. Then report to the following:

Brazil Securities Commission

FBI via IC3

Global Anti Scam Organization (GASO)

You can also report the account to Tinder and file a report online with the HK Police Department.

The victim (my sister) is from Brasil, Sao Paulo. Please let me know where can we report this fraud. The person who contacted her was from Tinder, number based in HK, however I know that many HK telephone numbers are used for scam (as I am currently based in China for work).
This thread has additional details about Hota.

Your sister should take screen shots of all communication, chats, trades, their wallet, etc. Then report to the following:

Brazil Securities Commission

FBI via IC3

Global Anti Scam Organization (GASO)

You can also report the account to Tinder and file a report online with the HK Police Department.
I will do that now. Thank you very much

Too late, she has already paid those, and many times. I am trying to help her to get the monies back. From the threads from Reddit, she also contacted a Gmail address called cryptoadvocator to assist in recovering the funds.
Do not believe or go to any recovery sites as 99% of them are scams too. Be very careful if you are trying to get your money back. Please report them first.

Do not believe or go to any recovery sites as 99% of them are scams too. Be very careful if you are trying to get your money back. Please report them first.
Will do. At this stage, I think I will report WhatsApp and Gmail, as well as the company Payback from Israel. Those are the ones that have been contacted. Payback is the one that has asked for advanced payment.

Back