How am I doing for a beginner?

Protacio

Recruit
I started trading live about 1 month ago with very little experience and investment (1-2 months with a demo and $255 investment).

I profit anywhere between $3-$25 per trade and I like to buy a currency and hold onto it until I profit, sometimes I'll hold onto a currency for 20 minutes or it could be 4-5 hours.

What is the best strategy to use and how do people gain 50-100 pips a day is this bull or is this realistic even for a newbie like me? I like to keep things simple so I don't tend to get to technical with forex I buy and hold until I profit that's all I do.

How do I know which currency to buy and when?

Thanks for the help, any tips are appreciated!

Thanks just one question regarding trading the daily signals am I supposed to place a trade on that date or am I supposed to trade immediately upon receiveing the signal?

Whether to place a trade or not depends on whether there is a significant deviation or not. Unless your Forex Magic 8 Ball (TM, Pat. Pending) works better than mine, it's best to wait until you know what the news is.

This explains 3 methods to trade the news:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...w-trade-fpas-forex-daily-trading-signals.html

There's also another method - be a technical trader and try not to have any positions open during the really big news releases.

hi
i was doing the same thing as you are doing now when i first started trading currency and am still new to the game now only 6,7 monthes under my belt now i had a live account $3500.00 trading only AUD/USD it went up to $10000.00 doing what you are doing now the market went against me and was down to about $4000.00 i got scared and sold them all and was left with $4000.00 doing the same thing as you are doing now it soon went down to $2500.00 i have since learnt how to trade correctly but still learning and are making a good living on it now on about 40 pips a day consistantly my advice for what its worth is to get a book or some one to teach you the correct way ways to trade before going to a live account consistancy and a lot of paitence luck doesnt last forever in this game as i found out the hard way

just my 2c worth hope it helps;)

regards dkami

Dkami would you be willing to teach me your method? I'm currently just playing with all the demo accounts on each broker.

Felix would be the one to ask if you have any ? he has a thread Felix secrets of a successfull forex trader i will be looking for some tip of his thread too

if you would like to give me your e-mail adress i can send you one of the trades i do its a range trade and it will explain how to determin a range where to get in SL,TP i only do this trade on a 1h chart but you can do it on any time frame:)

I started trading live about 1 month ago with very little experience and investment (1-2 months with a demo and $255 investment).

I profit anywhere between $3-$25 per trade and I like to buy a currency and hold onto it until I profit, sometimes I'll hold onto a currency for 20 minutes or it could be 4-5 hours.

What is the best strategy to use and how do people gain 50-100 pips a day is this bull or is this realistic even for a newbie like me? I like to keep things simple so I don't tend to get to technical with forex I buy and hold until I profit that's all I do.

How do I know which currency to buy and when?

Thanks for the help, any tips are appreciated!
Hi Protacio,

If i were you i would concentrate on a few pairs with a tight spread so eur/usd or usd/jpy that way you can concentrate on how these two pairs behave and you wont have to pay a wild spread,

hope this helps

Back