How do you calculate best optimal MM risk % per trade?

Even if you feel confident and you have forward tested your strategy, unexpected things will always happen in Forex. If you stick around long enough you'll be amazed. If you don't mind losing your account go for the high risk/reward ratio, but if the account is all you have play safe as other traders have already recommended.

Even if you feel confident and you have forward tested your strategy, unexpected things will always happen in Forex. If you stick around long enough you'll be amazed. If you don't mind losing your account go for the high risk/reward ratio, but if the account is all you have play safe as other traders have already recommended.

Yes, even a very consistent strategy might face long streak of losses sometime.

Yes, even a very consistent strategy might face long streak of losses sometime.

The type of trading system that we are using must be such that it should give us good income and that will only become possible when we are using that system for a long time and know how to use it best :)

I don't calculate in percentages, like if I have an account of $200 I'll risk not more than $15 on one single trader. Its my own style, I keep some capital in my trading account to meet the margin requirement then I risk the amount in USD that I'm comfortable losing in one single trade.

I don't calculate in percentages, like if I have an account of $200 I'll risk not more than $15 on one single trader. Its my own style, I keep some capital in my trading account to meet the margin requirement then I risk the amount in USD that I'm comfortable losing in one single trade.

Unless we are able to control our risks we will not become a profitable trader and we need to safeguard our trading accounts :)

As for me, I prefer the deposit drawdown of 1-3% a day, when I reach this level, I stop trading.

Money management plays an important role in the Forex trading. It depends on the capital of your Forex account that how much you can risk on a single trade. The risk to reward ratio, which is advised by the experienced traders is, 1:2.

Back