How do you handle your losses?

I personally learned a very good lesson when I was taking my initial steps in Forex trading, which is to control my emotions. When I experienced losses, I tried my best to keep calm and don't get angry, or else even worse things would have happened. Apparently, my approach had tremendous effect in the long run and I managed to achieve successful results.
Emotion is the big enemy that appears from our own selves, control of emotion is very important to avoid a bad decision,s especially after facing a loss in raw, trading need calm minds and taking risk always under control.

Emotion is the big enemy that appears from our own selves, control of emotion is very important to avoid a bad decision,s especially after facing a loss in raw, trading need calm minds and taking risk always under control.

Euphoria after a series of profits can cause excessive self-confidence and harm no less.

Start small and take little wins before gradually raising your size back up. Always have a stop-loss set in stone for the trade and a max-loss for the day. If you trigger them, then go right back to reassessing and refining your strategy.

I've been going through some losses in forex trading recently. Which is quite stressful. I feel like I'm only making a profit about 40% of the time. When I experienced a loss, I tried to backtest my trading strategy with enough data so I knew exactly how far the losses would be. If there is a condition happened that I've never calculated, I will rush more backtest data, and if the result is still not suitable for me, I adjust and re-backtest the latest strategy.

Forex trading is not suitable for everybody psychologically, it is suitable for quiet, disciplined people. Discipline is the most important thing in trading because it allows the trader to trade strictly on the proven trading system.
The way I do it to keep my nerves in check and to survive losses more easily:
1. I always trade with small lots relative to my capital.
2. Always put a risk of 2-2.5% for a deal.
Adhering to these two rules I saved a lot of nerves and money.

Understanding Trading Psychology is crucial and can impact positively and negatively when trading decisions are made. It is made of a combination of behaviors and characters that eventually influence choices, including emotions, biases (subconscious ways of thinking in everyday life), personality traits, and external pressures. A successful traders would avoid acting on any of these factors.

On the other hand, in order to improve trading psychology, its important to work on the following: set rules, stick to your trading plans, do your research, and assess your performance periodically.

I usually take the day off and come back next day and find out why I was wrong then plan for my next entry

Earlier it was a big problem for me to handle losses. They often had a devastating effect on my psycho. Over time I learned to avoid really big losses and it’s much easier to take smaller ones and go ahead. Losses are inevitable in trading. You can’t exclude them completely, but you can make them less painful by decreasing them. You just enter the market more correctly, make less errors and it results in smaller losses.

Those who claim they never face a trading loss simply do not trade. A loss here and there is normal in every trading strategy and nothing is 100%. A trading loss should never break your account performance and dealing with a trading loss the proper way is a very important step or everyone who aspires to become a real trader.

There are different steps to take after a loss and I think one of the most important one is to step away for a bit and calm down if the loss has caused you to become emotional.

Once you have regained your composure sit down and analyze your loss, understand why you lost and learn how to reduce or eliminate what caused your loss. A loss is only bad if you refuse to learn from
I agree that losses are a part of trading, and my suggestion is that you examine the factors that led to your losses, learn from them, and review your trading logs before making future trades.

Back