How do you handle your losses?

Rambo35

Corporal
Those who claim they never face a trading loss simply do not trade. A loss here and there is normal in every trading strategy and nothing is 100%. A trading loss should never break your account performance and dealing with a trading loss the proper way is a very important step or everyone who aspires to become a real trader.

There are different steps to take after a loss and I think one of the most important one is to step away for a bit and calm down if the loss has caused you to become emotional.

Once you have regained your composure sit down and analyze your loss, understand why you lost and learn how to reduce or eliminate what caused your loss. A loss is only bad if you refuse to learn from it.

loss is learning process, if you learn from your losses you wont make make the same mistake again but a different one...:)

loss is learning process, if you learn from your losses you wont make make the same mistake again but a different one...:)

Agree, losses are part of the game. We can use money management to reduce our losses.

I very rarely lose--I'd say about 1 out of every 50 trades--and then it is only less than 1/2 percent of my overall investment. These are just estimates, but I really can count on half a hand how many times I lost in a trade in the last 6 months.

I very rarely lose--I'd say about 1 out of every 50 trades--and then it is only less than 1/2 percent of my overall investment. These are just estimates, but I really can count on half a hand how many times I lost in a trade in the last 6 months.

More bragging without investor access to give proof.

If you want proof, all you have to do is subscribe to my free newsletter. I don't guarantee proof every week, since some trades take weeks to complete. But I have given access on my website. Now, how I go about this method of profitability is going to cost people money, as this is a business about making money from money and is VERY valuable.

If you want proof, all you have to do is subscribe to my free newsletter. I don't guarantee proof every week, since some trades take weeks to complete. But I have given access on my website. Now, how I go about this method of profitability is going to cost people money, as this is a business about making money from money and is VERY valuable.

Thats the cardinal sin right there.
Worrying about newsletter fees means your equity curve is a valley.

Calling SpamCat! We've got final proof that this guy is promoting his services in non-commercial areas of the forums.

Back