How do you handle your losses?

Earlier I took my losses very painfully, I even lost weight for an hour of trading. That was very terrible. Now I feel much better in this regard. Now I can stand those losses that earlier cost me pounds of my weight much easier. Sometimes I even don’t care if I know that I will win back anyway even if it may take some time. So, the more you understand the market, the less power losses have on you.

Earlier I took my losses very painfully, I even lost weight for an hour of trading. That was very terrible. Now I feel much better in this regard. Now I can stand those losses that earlier cost me pounds of my weight much easier. Sometimes I even don’t care if I know that I will win back anyway even if it may take some time. So, the more you understand the market, the less power losses have on you.
Thats really a great mindset

I use fixed stop loss and strict money management, decrease or increase my risk depending on the size of equity. Also I don't care about a loss in particular trade I prefer to analyse characteristics of my losing trades like average time spent in a loss, average and max drawdowns, standard deviation of losing trades (how different are they in size) etc. In my view it gives you more insight.

Those who claim they never face a trading loss simply do not trade. A loss here and there is normal in every trading strategy and nothing is 100%. A trading loss should never break your account performance and dealing with a trading loss the proper way is a very important step or everyone who aspires to become a real trader.

There are different steps to take after a loss and I think one of the most important one is to step away for a bit and calm down if the loss has caused you to become emotional.

Once you have regained your composure sit down and analyze your loss, understand why you lost and learn how to reduce or eliminate what caused your loss. A loss is only bad if you refuse to learn from it.
Learn from your loses and don’t make same mistakes

Losses are something that we cannot avoid, but we can manage their overall impact on our investments by limiting drawdowns and choosing uncorrelated assets for trading. If we are consistent with our set system of RR and RTP with improving strike rate, we can stand with profitable money in our pocket. Never get carried away by emotional trading.

Loss is part of trading, sometimes inevitable, but as we can as possible to avoid the big risk in single trades, usually I am trade with the smallest lot size and use a hedge trading strategy to protect from a big loss.

It is best way to handle your loss because you can not fight with market you have to save yourself as well as plan best for making profit so that your loss will compensated. Small lot size and proper leverage will prevent risky trading your trading become fruitful with small profits. Never think you will recover loss in next trading you should make a safe and applicable plan for it.

Back