How do you view our FPA?

RahmanSL

Major
I joined our FPA on 01-16-2010 and from the very beginning I was quite active and would jumped into just about any topics on the forum.
However, it seems to me that the "fighting spirit"...especially against bad or scammer brokers...is lacking.
I said that because each time a scam vote is put up for vote, there are very few members participation...at times just over a hundred and, a lot of times, below 100 bother to vote. Come to think of it, how many active members does our FPA have anywhere?

I really don't know how we members can help to bring our FPA back to the days where just about every broker's representative would quickly jump-in to reply and to defend their company against bad reviews.
Perhaps it's just my imagination, but these days it seems to me not many brokers really care what has been posted in the forum about them.

All members thoughts, opinion, and suggestions on this subject would greatly help towards a stronger and better FPA.

Last edited:
I am Creedog, I am new to FPA and forex. I wanted to say thanks to all active members, sharks, giants, special counsel, the administrator and other people behind the scenes. I am still learning, I haven't blown my account yet, and I owe it to FPA. Regarding scammers. Find a way to put a SEO/social network megaphone up and make some noise. Making consistent pips is hard enough without the crooks. Once again thanks to FPA. I hope one day when I know my backside from hole in the ground I can offer up some advice and insight to help others.

"Time is Nothing, Timing is Everything"
"Life is too short not to live it up a little" :cool:

Many traders don't understand the main idea of the FPA. That idea is having traders work together as an army. Instead, too many discover the FPA after they've been scammed and complain about a company. Once the issue is fixed or it become obvious that it won't be an easy fix, they disappear.

Years ago, if an issue was resolved and the trader was paid, the FPA would ask the trader for one special form of payment. This wasn't a payment of money. The traders were only asked to come back and answer one question per week in Beginners Bootcamp or General Forex Talk. Most agreed, but never came back. :mad:

Now it's hard to convince people to show up and vote in Traders Court cases. I'm considering adding a requirement for filing a case - the person will need to have voted in at least some other cases to qualify. This can't be implemented until after the upcoming forums upgrade.

If anyone else has some ideas on encouraging more member participation, I'd love to hear it.

Many traders don't understand the main idea of the FPA. That idea is having traders work together as an army. Instead, too many discover the FPA after they've been scammed and complain about a company. Once the issue is fixed or it become obvious that it won't be an easy fix, they disappear.
Years ago, if an issue was resolved and the trader was paid, the FPA would ask the trader for one special form of payment. This wasn't a payment of money. The traders were only asked to come back and answer one question per week in Beginners Bootcamp or General Forex Talk. Most agreed, but never came back. :mad:
Now it's hard to convince people to show up and vote in Traders Court cases. I'm considering adding a requirement for filing a case - the person will need to have voted in at least some other cases to qualify. This can't be implemented until after the upcoming forums upgrade.
If anyone else has some ideas on encouraging more member participation, I'd love to hear it.

I have already suggested once-upon-a-time to make it mandatory for all FPA members, or at least from a certain rank upwards, to vote in Traders Court failing which the member(s) should be subjected to some form of discipline....or even "court marshal' :p.
That will play multiple roles in making our members more active and in determining exactly how many active members we actually have, and to flush out broker(s) mole(s) masquerading as FPA members.

Since sometime back, I have noticed that many new members are more interested in promoting themselves as IB, PAMM, etc, and generally making use of the FPA site for their own means and doesn't participate in any other discussions.

Yes, indeed, almost all complaints from new members expect the FPA to act as their local police station where they file a complaint here and expect the FPA to go arrest the broker or something like that :p

Looking forward to the new upgrade!

Regarding voting, I always vote, but I'd hate to get court marshaled if I took some time off. :D

Still, some sort of minimum vote qualifier to submit a case as well as some sort of recognition to those who vote and keep voting would both be nice.

I joined our FPA on 01-16-2010 and from the very beginning I was quite active and would jumped into just about any topics on the forum.
However, it seems to me that the "fighting spirit"...especially against bad or scammer brokers...is lacking.
I said that because each time a scam vote is put up for vote, there are very few members participation...at times just over a hundred and, a lot of times, below 100 bother to vote. Come to think of it, how many active members does our FPA have anywhere?

I really don't know how we members can help to bring our FPA back to the days where just about every broker's representative would quickly jump-in to reply and to defend their company against bad reviews.
Perhaps it's just my imagination, but these days it seems to me not many brokers really care what has been posted in the forum about them.

All members thoughts, opinion, and suggestions on this subject would greatly help towards a stronger and better FPA.

I joined FPA in 2011, So far my FPA journey is awesome and I`m proud to be my self that somehow I helped traders to get their money from scam brokers.

Regarding your question, I can say that many FPA members are silent and avoiding to reply but just reading it. Many got problem and also got solutions but they don't have time to come back and say thanks to us (this hurts for sure).

@Pharaoh: "Regarding voting, I always vote, but I'd hate to get court marshaled if I took some time off."...hehehe...yes agreed!...but those broker's moles (I am very sure there are some) who have infiltrated our FPA should be...or tarred, feathered, and sent on their way :p

As for "...some sort of minimum vote qualifier to submit a case..", that might be difficult to implement as most of them are new members who happen/chance upon our FPA site AFTER they have been scammed and, as AsstModerator posted, "Once the issue is fixed or it become obvious that it won't be an easy fix, they disappear."...meaning these people only come here to make use of the FPA for their own selfish gain....makes me think kinda like using the service of mankind "oldest profession" :p

"...some sort of recognition to those who vote and keep voting would both be nice." Yes, I do agree 100% with that incentive suggestion!...and to take that one step further, all members with over 5 years of active service/participation should be duly recognize....perhaps with a medal of honor on a "FPA Hall of fame" section or, even perhaps, full salary with bonuses ....Now that would indeed be cool!:cool:;):p
==========================================

@FxMaster: "....I can say that many FPA members are silent and avoiding to reply but just reading it. Many got problem and also got solutions but they don't have time to come back and say thanks to us (this hurts for sure)."....Yes, agreed that there may be some silent members, but then the question becomes: Exactly how many active FPA members do we actually have?

Of late, I notice that brokers/service providers are not so worried/concern with complaints and bad reviews on their company here as before. I cannot help but to wonder whether our FPA has lost some teeth and is not quite the Alpha male in the forex world.
Whatever our FPA is doing wrong, that has to be addressed and soon or else, in time, our FPA will become just another one of the hundreds of online sites for companies & people to promote their services (it's already happening) and occasionally post in the forum.

@Rahaman, I do agree with some of your points and regarding your question that many brokers dont care about reviews and scamming its just because of they knew that regulatory authorities are not taking such actions against the complaints.

Yes, regulator authorities are most probably under staffed and have too many other multimillion complaints on their hands to care much about complaints involving a few thousand dollars.

I remembered in the early days here at our FPA, just about every complaint begets almost immediate response from the broker/service provider's representative and owner.
Sadly, for some time now, responses from brokers/service providers are waning.

@Pharaoh: "Regarding voting, I always vote, but I'd hate to get court marshaled if I took some time off."...hehehe...yes agreed!...but those broker's moles (I am very sure there are some) who have infiltrated our FPA should be...or tarred, feathered, and sent on their way :p

Spam Cat complains if I don't let him eat them.

As for "...some sort of minimum vote qualifier to submit a case..", that might be difficult to implement as most of them are new members who happen/chance upon our FPA site AFTER they have been scammed and, as AsstModerator posted, "Once the issue is fixed or it become obvious that it won't be an easy fix, they disappear."...meaning these people only come here to make use of the FPA for their own selfish gain....makes me think kinda like using the service of mankind "oldest profession" :p

I'm planning to fix several birds with one big stone. Currently, traders court rules require the person to leave a review, open a thread in scam alerts and to contact the company several times. Some people skip everything and go straight to filing a case. Once the next big forums update is completed, there is a plan to allow OPs to invite companies by clicking on a special button in the thread. Before a case can be filed, a minimum number of invitations will need to be issued from inside the thread. If someone is just using a thread to send notes to the company and not responding to questions in the thread, all Court functions will be turned off.

Once the thread qualifies by the correct number of invitations and verification of a review, only then will it be possible to file a case. This should take long enough to permit one or two rounds of voting to occur. This also eliminates all filings by people who make one post and disappear.

There will be fewer cases, but the ones which are filed will have people willing to at least support their own complaints.

"...some sort of recognition to those who vote and keep voting would both be nice." Yes, I do agree 100% with that incentive suggestion!...and to take that one step further, all members with over 5 years of active service/participation should be duly recognize....perhaps with a medal of honor on a "FPA Hall of fame" section or, even perhaps, full salary with bonuses ....Now that would indeed be cool!:cool:;):p

I'm adding that to the list of things I want after the upgrade.

Back