How does someone become a Currency Analyst/Strategist?

Levin

Recruit
I've been interested in currency trading for a few years now and have been slowly learning as much as I can. I recently graduated college and am considering trading as a career. I've read different books, and articles on forex trading and have started the educational course offered by this website. I have read analysis of different currencies by currency analysts and strategists and have wondered what steps does someone take to become a currency analyst/strategist? I don't expect to be one right out of college but where do I start? I tried searching the forum for a thread on this but I didn't see anything. If there is already a discussion about this please let me know, Thanks!

I don't know for sure but...
It appears that everyone with money to invest is looking someone with a track record. There are many sites that allow you to establish a trading record that is public and not editable after the fact. I've been told by my broker that they are always interested in finding successful traders and they will help pair you with an account to manage but they recommend that you have as much documentation as you can to support what you traded, why and how.
One site to check out is
www.collective2.com
I have no affiliation with them in any way but it seems like a nice place to start. After you have some record, it's much easier to get someone to pay you to be an analyst. Does that answer your question?

How to become a Currency Analyst/Strategist???

Simple, really! Just start getting yourself educated by reading/learning/understanding all there is to know of the forex market (which are all completely FREE over the internet and some books dedicated to the subject).
Once you completely understand our Special Consultant to the FPA Mr. Sive Morten's daily/weekly/monthly market analysis of the EUR/USD, and other market analysis conducted by various persons/companies, then you have become a Currency Analyst/Strategist.

Then once you have proven detailed successful trading records over a period of 1 to 10 years, you will be much sought after by financial institutions and broker houses and getting paid by the millions.
But then, if you are that good in trading the forex market, why work for any person/companies since you will be raking in millions by trading for yourself :p

How to become a Currency Analyst/Strategist???

Simple, really! Just start getting yourself educated by reading/learning/understanding all there is to know of the forex market (which are all completely FREE over the internet and some books dedicated to the subject).
Once you completely understand our Special Consultant to the FPA Mr. Sive Morten's daily/weekly/monthly market analysis of the EUR/USD, and other market analysis conducted by various persons/companies, then you have become a Currency Analyst/Strategist.

Then once you have proven detailed successful trading records over a period of 1 to 10 years, you will be much sought after by financial institutions and broker houses and getting paid by the millions.
But then, if you are that good in trading the forex market, why work for any person/companies since you will be raking in millions by trading for yourself :p

Eheheh yep, as simple as that! :)

Or, start making a lot of vague predictions. When one of them sort of comes true, latch onto that and brag about your great abilities to predict the market. If anyone questions why other predictions didn't come true, tell them that no one is right 100% of the time, that unforeseeable market events cause the predictions to fail, and accuse them of trying to distract from your greatly successful predictions.

Repeat the above many times. Sooner or later, you'll land a spot on a financial news show.

Back