How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Maybe around four- six months. However, before making the switch, it's important to backtest and forward-test our trading strategy. Also, you can use a demo account to test your strategy. Also, start with smaller capital first to avoid risks.

The demo account I think remains useful for beginners and even experienced traders to backtest a trading strategy, for a beginner at least six months to learn and practice because so many traders fail in less than six months, if during the test period still fail, means not yet ready and they can take longer time to practice in demo.

Demo can be helpful in both ways even if used for backtesting or forward testing and also for paper trading.

Maybe about a month for me. I don’t know, I just very quickly figured out all the peculiarities of forex trading and was good to go.
However I fully realize that it is a very subjective topic and you have to be 100% confident with yourself for a comfortable transition.

It was around 6 months for me, but I should've take it longer before moving to a live account as some mistakes catch up to me on a live account later on :)

You may not believe this but it took me nearly ten years!!! For this time I certainly tried several times to trade real money but it were a few trades and most of the time it was demo trading. I don’t know why but something restrained me from moving to real trading. Maybe because I was not psychologically ready for that.

I have dedicated considerable time to trading on demo accounts, honing my skills and gaining practical experience. I initially engaged in demo trading for approximately six/seven months, and to this day, I continue to allocate periods of time for simulated trading. This ongoing practice allows me to refine my strategies, test new approaches, and stay attuned to market dynamics. By regularly incorporating demo trading into my routine, I strive to maintain a well-rounded and adaptable trading mindset.

Back