How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Personally, I still like to practice occasionally on a demo account. I've been trading on a live account for a long time, but I still find the demo one to be a very useful tool.

Yeah its very useful for testing purposes, especially when you buy some EA or test new strategy, its advised to test it on demo first.

People also need to keep in mind that it’s not just from date of starting on demo that you count for moving to real. We have to start learning from before demo. There are many sites through which we can learn like Babypips and only then we should enter into demo because only then we will be able to do things wisely and gain as well. Or else, it will not be really possible to manage for anyone.

Good point. Learning some basic theory before one starts using a demo account is a good approach to beginning one's trading journey. Apart from that, however, I think it's also good to start practicing what one learns in theory once that basic knowledge has been acquired.

Every thing you are not sure its effect on trading should be try on demo . And practiced many times until you feel now you are comfortable with it . You can manage and deal with it well while working on live account.

That has been my approach as well - test anything and everything new on a live account. If I am satisfied with the results, I apply on the live account, of course.

I used around 5-7 demo accounts to try out if the broker I am choosing is suitable for me or not, to know about trading platform and services their providing, to practice more and more in different conditions and to gain some more knowledge and experience. Just 6 months I played with demo before going live trading. And I can say I did not waste my time to tried those out.

2 Years is big period no need to waste your time on demo account, just work at least 1-2 months on demo account then should start the real trading. It is because 1-2 months are enough to get familiar with real trading, so after spending this period, you should start the real.

Yes 2 years should not waste in just demo trading. 4 to 6 months are enough time for trading practice. After that one can trade on micro accounts that is a best way to get understanding of live trading. In two years one can get better skill and experience of trading to make good profit.

I'm even using a demo account as we speak. Parallel to trading on a real account I trade on a demo, there I can do various tests, as well as see what would have happened if I "did this".

I'm even using a demo account as we speak. Parallel to trading on a real account I trade on a demo, there I can do various tests, as well as see what would have happened if I "did this".

Good point. One can test all their unusual and odd ideas on demo safely, without taking any risk, and see whether they work as well they think they would. If not, no harm done.

Back